cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Halloween

Hey! Who celebrates halloween? How do you celebrate? Do you go trick or treating? Do you have a big party? What are you going to dress up as?
I personally don't celebrate it but is seems like a fun concept. If I was to dress up I go as Spyro, or woody from toy story.

Re: Halloween

Hey @Grake I dont celebrate Halloween, I have never trick or treated, but I'm interested to hear what other people do for the occasion
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

I've never celebrated Halloween either. Although when I was in yr 12 we put on a Halloween assembly for the rest of the school and everyone dressed up as witches/wizards.

Normally I just buy some chocolates in case kids come round trick or treating, then I get to eat any leftovers Smiley Tongue
____________________#iftoastershadfeelings____________________
Highlighted

I've never really celebrated either but one year when we got a couple of people around I put on this freaky mask and jumped out at them while someone else got chocolates. What are the origins of Halloween anyway?

@FootyFan26 that's a good question. I feel it has something to do with Americans settlement. But now I am curious, so shall look it up and let you guys know what I find.

People dress up as monsters though so is that because of creepy stuff that's happened or what?

Would be interesting to investigate though.

I think Halloween is awesome, but have never done anything truly festive for it! A couple of years ago, I went clubbing for the first time whilst dressed as Wednesday Addams. I liked being Wednesday Addams, but reaaaaaally don't like clubbing. Although a lot of people were dressed up, it didn't really feel like Halloween.

I used to be way into it a few years ago. Too busy in the recent years though unfortunately.
I used to dress up as a simple zombie as an easy way to score some junk food haha.

Eventually through the night my brother and I would get bored and hide in places and jump out and scared people. good times. Smiley Happy

I don't celebrate Halloween either, but the history behind it is actually quite interesting. The History Channel have a pretty cool article on it:

"It is thought to have originated with the ancient Celtic festival of Samhain, when people would light bonfires and wear costumes to ward off roaming ghosts. In the eighth century, Pope Gregory III designated November 1 as a time to honor all saints and martyrs; the holiday, All Saints’ Day, incorporated some of the traditions of Samhain. The evening before was known as All Hallows’ Eve and later Halloween"

That's a pretty interesting article @lokifish.