cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hanging out.. Fun activities and things to do over a weekend?

Hello everyone! 

For me, it is coming to the afternoon of a Sunday. Reflecting back over my past weekend, I want to share how grateful I am for being able to be busy with fun activities and things to do over a weekend. Saturday I had my last netball game of the season and today I went out to the bay and stood in the FREEZING cold water for recovery and then a nice walk along the beach with my partner, we then had brunch out and have come home and fixed my bike so that next weekend we can go bike riding. How lucky am I?

Such wonderful, heart-filling experiences. 

However, some people weekends may be a long, uneventful time. Overwhelmed by different emotions and unable to get out of the house and experience fun and joy of sharing time with others. 

I was very keen to hear if anyone else has some exciting, fun, enjoyable activities or things to do over the weekend?

Let's share how we enjoy our weekends!

Here are some starters from me:

-Social sport

-Drawing/Art

-Gardening

-Gym

-Bake a cake

-Walk in the sunshine

Can't wait to hear more ideas!  

Re: Hanging out.. Fun activities and things to do over a weekend?

Wow, your past weekend sounds amazing @statuscaring (except standing in the freezing cold part haha - that must've been such a challenge!)! Mainly my weekends are unexciting as I usually spend them working/studying but when I do have some free time, I just enjoy sleeping in and taking naps (I LOVE TAKING NAPS haha). I also, like you, enjoy baking. Either way, loving your suggestions!

Reading is always nice, but I have to be in the mood because uni has a lot of reading so reading can be quite tiring tbh....but I too love going to the gym, cooking (I made acai buttermilk pancakes today!), and I walk my dogs every day so that's always nice. 

Standing in the cold water was very mentally challenging!
Naps are the best!!
What sort of things do you like to bake? @Esperanza67

Yes I find reading challenging too, sometimes my eyes and brain hurt from reading overload!
acai buttermilk pancakes... YUM!!!!
How therapeutic, walking your dogs would have been lovely today Smiley Happy Thank you for sharing @keezeik

great thread @statuscaring and loved reading everyones suggestions.
unfortunately my weekends aren't much different to my weekdays so aren't very exciting but in my free time I like to:
-read
-bake something
-try out a new recipie
-watch some comedy movies
-drawing or painting
-crafty things like scrapbooking, or crochet
-walking or changing up my exercise routine is good
I try to do something nice for someone else whether it be giving something away for free, or helping out with something to make their life abit easier
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Those pancakes sound amazing @keezeik.

I usually work on the weekends so I don't get a lot of time to do fun stuff. I usually just watch netflix or read after work.

Loving everyone's suggestions though!

Highlighted

Great thread, @statuscaring!

Most of my weekends are spent either at work or doing Uni work Smiley Sad So I haven't been doing many fun or interesting activities as of late! 

Although a few weekends ago, I did discover the beauty of exploring the city that I live in. I went to many of the places I hadn't been to before and saw things I never even knew where there, haha! It's amazing all the things we miss when we're not looking Smiley LOL

What a great thread @statuscaring!

I spent last weekend journalling, playing a video game and watching movies on TV. Smiley Happy

@happycat45  I think that's a great idea! I'd really like to see more of my city too. I used to love discovering arcades, escape rooms and markets.