cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Happy Mother's Day

Because I am weird and can't sleep, I just wanted to say Happy Mother's Day to anyone in the RO community who is a mother, has assumed the role as a mother and especially to the under appreciated aunts whom often double as the cheap babysitter / nanny.

Hope you all have a wonderful day. What does everyone plan to do / what did you do? For those of us whom no longer have contact with our mother's for various reasons or aren't spending the day with her, what are your most fondest memories of your mother figure?

I'll let you know my answers to my above questions at a more reasonable hour.

Happy Mother's Day! Smiley Happy

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Re: Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day! (that goes to the aunt's out there too)

My sister and I both handmade our cards this year, which my mum really loved Smiley Happy Currently we're baking a banana cake to take up to my nana's this afternoon.

Fondest memories? I was lucky enough to have a stay-at-home mum growing up, and so I have many memories of her helping out in the school canteen, watching my sister and I dancing in the living room and many-a-bus trips with her to swimming lessons, the library or my nana's house.

Re: Happy Mother's Day

Well, as I have said in other threads, I'm home for the first time since moving for uni. Smiley Happy Also, the cake I have mentioned on other threads is the one my nephew and I made for today. (We still haven't had it).

We had bacon and eggs for breakfast. My nephew wished me a Happy Mother's Day! =) I went back to bed. My mummy woke me up and layed down with me. We went out for lunch. Now we are enjoying the rain before having roast lamb for dinner, followed by cake.

My foundest memories of my mum are helping out in the school canteen, getting involved in the committee for sports and even going away with us to state age championships.

My foundest memory of my nan on mum's side was of her teaching me how to play card games such as 'snap' and 'go fish'.

For my nan on my dad's side it was her buying me smarties everytime dad took her shopping and how she always offered us those ginger lollies whenever we visited her at the nursing home. I always forgot how horrible they taste and she would always laugh at my reaction.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ