Re: Harry Potter!

Ahhh, I love those quotes!

Have you seen/read The Cursed Child?

If so, what did you think? Smiley Happy @mspaceK 

// Spiral outward, keep going. //
Highlighted

I am such a BIG Harry Potter fan.
I'm a Griffindor, my patronus is a chestmut mare :3 I love horsey's.
My favourite character would either be Hermoine or Luna. (Ps: I've kind of had a crush on Luna, so yes, I'm a lesbean. Hehe :3)
My favourite class I would love to attend would either be Transfigurations, Charms, Herbology, Potions or flying class. :3
Highlighted

Guess who bought Lego Harry Potter Years 1-7! Smiley Very Happy 

Image result for lego harry potter years 1-7

I like Harry Potter and I LOVE Lego games, so it was a must! 

Highlighted

That looks amazing @N1ghtW1ng!!!! SO jealous!!

Highlighted

I love Harry Potter, and I finally got a T-shirt, and Hufflepuff Jumper!
I love it, but it's a shame I can't really wear the jumper again until autumn/winter...

@N1ghtW1ng I'm super jealous!
Highlighted

I finally finished the game!!!!

I really miss when Lego games would have the cutscenes with no words, it's so funny!!!

If you need a good laugh, just look up Lego Harry Potter (or lego Star wars!) cutscenes cause they are really funny
Highlighted

Favourite character: currently Hagrid! Caring, fiercely loyal, seeks out those who need love and makes sure he's there for them, emotional, nurturing, passionate, unintentionally hilarious, always fights for what's right, vulnerable with those he can trust, steps out of his comfort zone to grow as a person, has had shit things happen to him but doesn't let it bring him down and lives his best life

Favourite book: PoA (love learning about the marauders and animagi and the big plot twist)

Favourite movie: Philosopher's Stone (so wholesome and filled with wonder and covers the plot well. Also I think movies 5 onwards and even 4 somewhat don't really stand on their own as movies, they're trying to cram too much in and it gets confusing/ doesn't have a great flow, but as someone very familiar with the story I still enjoy them)

Hogwarts house: probably Hufflepuff but maaybe Gryffindor

Lesson I'd like the most: charms, but I think I'd also like quidditch

Quidditch position: chaser

Highlighted

@hellofriend amazing description of Hagrid! There is so much we can learn from him!

Check out our community activities calendar here
Highlighted

Does anyone have any fun background information connecting to the Harry Potter series?

Recently a friend was telling me some interesting facts about their favourite tree the yew tree. And I was like hang on that's the wand wood of Voldemort's wand and there's so much symbolism there!! https://www.edenproject.com/learn/for-everyone/plant-profiles/yew

• Yew is extraordinarily long-lived and slow-growing, with some trees estimated to be over 3,000 years old.
  • The Romans believed yew grew in hell, the Norse and Celt peoples thought it protected against bewitchment and death and it's often seen in churchyards as Christians believed its poison protected the dead.
  • The majority of this tree is highly poisonous, even the dead and dried leaves, so farmers need to ensure that their livestock does not graze too close to yews.
  • It was used to make the longbow (a very deadly weapon used by the English in battles in the 1400's)

Used to make deadly weapons, highly poisonous, believed to grow in hell by some cultures, believed to protect one against death (Voldemort's goal) in others, extraordinarily long life (again, Voldemort goals). So Voldemort

Do you have any theories about things that happened behind the scenes?

Personally I think James and Lily probably didn't plan to have Harry when they did, and that this could be what prompted them to get married when they did. Just because they were quite young, in a more conservative era and in the midst of a war