I am going to tag a few members who might be able to help you with some suggestion: @annabethxchase @DIVYA @dncinginthedirt @Ladybug @peacelovepizza @Ash555 @Rose_Harley @Sunflower18 @Wonderlahxx
Did you know we have new Community Guidelines? You can check them out here
So here are SOME of my hobbies
- Mind games - e.g. Sudoku, word searches etc.
- Puzzles I usually do this one to music, keeps me preoccupied for hours and unlike sudokus, I'm actually really good at them!
- Jamming to KPOP or Korean Pop - Honestly, check that music out! Especially Blackpink
- Laying on my pineapple inflatable in the pool Really relaxing and lovely.
- Floating out in the ocean, I love going under each wave and feeling the wave above me.
- Playing Netball, need I say more?
- Beating my sister at UNO bahaha
- And my favourite, pampering my puppas with love, hugs and kisses.
Hey @Troy91! some hobbies I use to distract myself or pass time include:
- watching a movie or tv show - you can kill hours easily. I'm currently watching the movies in the Marvel Universe.
- Playing video games
- Jamming to music
- Go for a long walk or drive
- Read a book
- Practice a craft - my little sister does a lot of painting and I like to practice makeup artistry
Btw great suggestions @annabethxchase, if only I had a swimming pool with inflatables, I'd be out there all day.
@Troy91 Hi Troy, welcome to Reachout. To answer your question, there are many things I do to distract myself and some of them are:
1. Going to the beach- this is something I just love and whenever I get an opportunity I go there to get a breath of fresh air.
2. Listening to music is also a really good way to distract yourself especially if you are at work and need some break.
3. Sometimes I also watch 'Worth it' - a buzzed food travel series on youtube but now i watch it a little less because I end up feeling hungry after that.
4. Even going for a walk around the neighbourhood is a good distractor.
For me it depends what I need distraction from...
If I'm stuck at a desk all day and feeling like a zombie I love to go out somewhere where nature wakes me up a little - like a walk at a windy beach or a swim.
If I need to keep my mind busy, then anything that uses my hands - craft, woodwork, the gym - something that will occupy my whole brain for a while
What kind of stuff do you normally do?
Things to check out:
It was Valentine's day last week - have your say - yeah or nah?
A mental health toolbox! Filled with a bunch of epic threads to help you kick start some positive thinking
We're sharing our fave mental health-related apps
What are you proud of?
Seen something fantastic on the forums?
Click here to nominate awesome posts for a Friday Five!