cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Horror movies!

Ooh I haven't seen Tucker & Dale. Will have to take a look.

I watched The Conjuring recently and thought it was suitably creepy. It has very positive reviews, I think mostly because it harkens back to a more traditional horror film style. Just hints of real horror but lots of build-up to make you hide behind your pillow long before anything scary actually happens.

I thought the ending was really really flat though — but I might be in the minority there.

@Lex  Have you seen The Devil Inside?
It's actually pretty good but I warn you, the ending is really bad

Hello,

To be honest I'm not the biggest fan, but I do watch some.  Most of the time I prefer tv thriller/horror like "American Horror Story".  I'm completely obsessed.  There's something about this show that gets you hooked!  Love it.

Cheers,

Xiera Cat Happy

@drhalloween wrote:

@Lex  Have you seen The Devil Inside?
It's actually pretty good but I warn you, the ending is really bad

I haven't. It's incredibly poorly rated/reviewed. 18% on metacritic!

That tends to make me shy away from it a bit.

Love horror movies.

Stoked someone mentioned v/h/s. such a good movie. Yet to see number 2.

Other favs are House of 1000 corpses, the ring, and the recent re-make of Evil Dead.

Also very happy that Hellraiser is getting re-done buy Clive Barker!!

As a kid the first 3 Hellraisers scared the life outta me lol.

BUT the scariest movies are always Thai or other places that arent American. The Art of the Devil is sooo good. But super full on.

I'm an absolute wimp with horror movies, but I do like the occasional old cheesy one or the so-bad-its-actually-good ones Smiley Tongue

Once my friend made me sit down and watch The Shining, Jack Nicolson was amazing in it but man it creeped me out!

You know what you shouldn't do?

Watch American Horros Story while home alone sick. Holy crap it's full daylight and I'm too scared to leave the lounge room haha

Watching scary/creepy things while your sick is actually the worst idea. Once I watched Black Swan while I had a fever and needless to say I regreted the idea a lot Smiley Tongue

Just saw this awesome thread buried in the deep. Smiley Happy Smiley Very Happy

@drhalloween I not long ago watched Sinister. I loved it. Didn't scare me at all. I'm weird like that. 

ABC's of Death is really weird. It was so weird that I pretty much laughed at everything. But then again, I find something to laugh at in all horror movies. I think there is something wrong with me.

@Lex I found the ending of The Conjuring a little flat as well. Good movie though. 

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

no no no

Horror movies scare me so much!!!

But good on you guys for having the ability to get passed the opening scenes Smiley Wink