cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm going to practice self-care this week by...

I saw we had a post called 'I practiced self-care today by', but I thought it would be really cool to start a thread of everybody's intentions in the coming week with regards to self-care! I study psychology, and we had a lecture where the lecturer said that writing down your intentions makes it way more likely that you'll follow through with it, as you've committed to your intentions in writing. I thought that'd really help me and it may help somebody else too!

I'm going to practice self-care this week by spending one afternoon taking a long bath and chilling out, and seeing if I can find the time to finish off my book Smiley Happy

Re: I'm going to practice self-care this week by...

I'm going to pracitice self-care this week by having 30 minutes of device free time in the morning when i wake up and before i go to bed at night. Thanks to @scared01 for giving me the idea!

awesome stuff @Ben-RO Smiley Happy

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because your WORTH it!**

I really love the idea of switching up the focus a bit from reflecting on self care to setting the intention for self care Smiley Very Happy

I'm going to practise self care this week by taking advantage of the good weather in the next few days and going for a walk.

I'm going to practice self-care this week by having multiple baths with lush bath bombs and walk my dogs Smiley Happy

I'm going to practise self-care this week by painting my nails

// Spiral outward, keep going. //
Highlighted

@basketofmonkeys great idea with this thread! I also studied Psychology and totally agree with you about stating your intentions - I think this must be why I love list-making so much, it makes me feel accountable and I find I actually get stuff done Smiley Happy What's been your favourite part of your Psychology degree so far? 

@amypond you read my mind in this post, I find nothing more relaxing than a long bath with pretty lush bath bombs and a good book. I've recently moved house after only having a shower for the past 4 years, so it's still very much a novelty to have a bath again Smiley Very Happy

I'm going to practice self-care this week by creating a list of movies I've wanted to watch for ages, and try and watch at least 1 a week! First on my list is revisiting the Harry Potter series Smiley Very Happy 

Ahh @rose13 hard to decide!! I love the freedom that uni gives and I'm a huge fan of clinical, social and evolutionary psychology so anything to do with those will get me really keen Smiley Happy how did you find it when you were studying it?

@basketofmonkeys I love the freedom of uni too! Since I graduated and started trying to find some work I've decided I can't wait to get back into study already so am hoping to go back next year, maybe I'll just be a student forever Smiley Tongue I enjoy clinical psychology too, especially from a developmental perspective. Do you think it's something you want to pursue down the track? Smiley Happy 

I'm going to practice self care this week by putting more focus on getting a good amount of sleep 

Announcements
Share what's on your mind:
Head here to start a topic

Not sure where to start?:
Head here and say hi!
Users Online
Currently online: 3 members 223 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members:
Top High Fived Authors