cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: IYSH September 2016!

Hey @roseisnotaplant and welcome to RO! Everyone wets their toothbrushes, and I totally agree with your shoelace sentiment Smiley Tongue

Hello and welcome to RO @Nessa17! I totally agree with you and @RevzZ, although the dragon WAS awesome. Although, I did watch the movie first and thought it was awesome, so without the book, it IS a good movie Smiley Tongue

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

How is it already September?! This year is going by soooo fast!

1. How would you cure world hunger?

Lol way to ask the simple questions @Ben-RO Smiley Tongue

I don't think there's one answer to curing it because the causes are waaaaaay complicated, but one thing that would help would be if we stopped throwing away perfectly good food just because it's deemed to be not aesthetically appealing enough to stock in shops. 

2. Think of a colour. What is it?

Blue, probably because so much on the page on RO is blue Smiley Tongue

3. What is your favourite book that has been turned into a movie and did the movie do it justice?

I can't pick a favourite, but the one that first comes to mind is Gone Girl. There are definitely elements of the book I think are more complex, but overall it's one of my favourite book to movie adaptions. 

4. Do you untie your shoes before you take them off?

Depends if I can get them off without untying them.

5. Do you wet your toothbrush first? Or do you just start brushing?

Wet it for sure, otherwise it's just wrong hahaha

I can't believe we've already reached September! Next minute it'll be 2017!! 

I don't think there is one simple way either, but I think we would have to consider food waste and how to redistribute food. Plus, thinking about how to diversify our diets and learn about locally-sourced food so that we don't just rely on a few different foods which might be grown in places where local people would need it more. 

Blue 

3. What is your favourite book that has been turned into a movie and did the movie do it justice?

Submarine, which isn't my favourite book of all time, but I really liked it. The movie actually captured the essence of the coming-of-age story, and for me the protagonist was way more relatable than a lot of teen protags I've watched in coming of age movies. 

I never untie my shoelaces lmao 

I wet it first - our bathroom has dodgy faucets so the water comes out really hard and would practically shove the toothpaste off the brush otherwise.

Hello! I haven't done this in a while!

Encourage people to eat less meat - that way we can eat grain crops ourselves instead of feeding it to animals.

Blue!

My favourite book is Everything Is Illuminated by Jonathon Safran Foer. They turned it into a movie with Elijah Wood, it wasn't great tbh. But that was always going to be a hard  movie to adapt because the book has three concurrent storylines.

I have not owned shoes with laces, aside from my gym sneakers, in many years. Slip ons forever!

Dry brushing? Ew! Always wet it first Smiley Happy

@ElleBelle welcome back! Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

Thanks @N1ghtW1ng! It's so good to see everyone again! I have FOMO, what's been happening?! Might jump on another thread for that Smiley Happy

As others have said, there really is so much to the issue. For us to really cure it I feel that the entire world would need to operate quite differently. It's all about increasing education and compassion. Right now I think that there are two things I'd focus efforts on - the promotion of cutting out meat and for us to stop throwing out food. 

Red. Probably because my towel is red. 

The Sherlock Holmes books are probably my favourite things. They've had so many adaptations but for movies I've only seen the RDJ ones. They're very different to the stories, but I enjoyed them and I think that they were good to/for the books. I mean, they were fun/enjoyable, absolutely would have made people interested in Sherlock, and did still have nods to the books. 

Almost never. Once I buy shoes I'm aiming and waiting for the time when I can slip them on and off.

Wet toothbrush -> apply toothpaste -> wet again -> brush. 

@safari93 Submarine was wonderful! Both the book and the movie. I'll often tell people that it's my favourite movie.

Hi everyone! I'm new to the RO Forum, so it's cool to read through everyone's answers in this thread.

I just watched Living on One Dollar on Netflix, which showed the positive impact the microfinancing can have on people living below the poverty line, so more support for microfinance can help families start small businesses to feed and educate their children.

Blue

Extremely loud and incredibly close by Jonathan Safran Foer. Loved the book and the movie.

No. I'm with @roseisnotaplant ain't nobody got time for that.

Just start bushing. I'm seeing a pattern here.

howdy everyone

tax the rich and destribute the wealth amonst everyone and make it a more equal society. get rid of capotilism. 

and i like the idea of making everyone vego, it wold help free up a lot rescources.

as black as the blackest black (yay for metalocalypse)

LOTR. ove it. and the movies are great, but i havent read all the books. 

i live in combat/work boots and they dont come off unless you undo the laces

wet it. 

===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire