Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: IYSH September 2016!

Hi everyone, I'm another fresh face

1. How would you cure world hunger?

GE crops and lab grown meat

2. Think of a colour. What is it?

Purple

3. What is your favourite book that has been turned into a movie and did the movie do it justice?

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? and no, yet yes, because while the movie doesn't follow the book too closely, Blade Runner is a stunning piece of cinema 

4. Do you untie your shoes before you take them off?

Depends on the season! In winter I wear big ol' hiking boots, and the laces have to be untied. In summer, I mostly wear low slip ons, with nothing to untie. 

5. Do you wet your toothbrush first? Or do you just start brushing?

Retrieve toothbrush. Put toothpaste on it. Wet toothbrush. Brush. This is the way it was, is, and always will be.

@TheOtherChe hello and welcome to ReachOut! I agree that the toothbrush must be wet before you start brushing. Although it depends on when I remember as to when I wet it Smiley Tongue

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

Agreed with the GM foods to improve hardiness and nutrition of crops.

Red

3. What is your favourite book that has been turned into a movie and did the movie do it justice?

I haven't had a favourite book since I was in grade 5, and sadly Earthsong by Victor Kelleher was never movie-fied. So I guess I'll go with Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone which made a pretty cool movie as well.

Nope, too lazy.

Definitely wet it first, then toothpaste, then brush. It feels gross when I accidentally forget and leave it dry.

____________________#iftoastershadfeelings____________________

This is my first rime on this site, i heard about it on a Spotify ad and the first thing i do is click on the forums.
1. How would i cure world hunger?
I would waste less food and volunteer at the soup kitchen or some place in third world countries when i'm old enough.
2. Think of a colour?
Um turquoise it's always been my favourite colour because i love green and blue but green just a little more😂
3. My favourite book that's adapted into a movie?
My favourite book is Holes, I didn't like the movie as much as the book because it's not how I imagined the characters would be and the main character is meant to be fat but they got a skinny actor...
4. Do i untie my shoelaces before taking them off?
Nope that's why I stretch the leather so much but when i put them on i have to untie them because they won't fit.
4. Do i wet my toothbrush before brushing?
Yes I always do even before putting toothpaste and I always brush my teeth before breakfast not after😁

@ILAUVEDEN welcome to the forums! I felt the same way about Holes - I had to read it back in high school for English and the movie wasn't quite the same

Welcome to the forums @ILAUVEDEN! I have the same problem with some of my shoes, I can take them off wuthout untying but I have to untie to put them on Smiley Tongue see you around Smiley Very Happy

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

No Till farming practices. Not only does it allow for people to produce food in arid areas but it also improves soil quality. Is an agricultural practice invented in Australia and would actively allow us to produce more food for less resources, as well as significantly reducing the cost of farming equipment and time spent caring for crops. These practices would provide more food and help improve the life of the farmer!

Yellow. Like the sun, warm and bright.

Darren Shan - Cirque Du Freak
Movie was called the Vampires assistant. Unfortunately was no where near as good as the book.

Only my sneakers, everything else I slip off as I have tiny thin feet.

I wet my toothbrush after putting on toothpaste. Only a little bit of water however.

More GMO's like golden rice. I like the idea of stopping food waste, but the reality and logistics of it just doesn't make sense. Like how do we get all that food to remote places? But I do agree that it is good for soup kitchens and in fact I always see Oz Harvest taking all the food from my local bakery that is left over at the end of the day.

Green, naturally. Smiley Tongue

I don't really have favourite books as such, but obviously there was the HP series that didn't get justice and then there was also 'The gone girl' and I did not like the movie one bit. I also found 'Eat Pray Love' really hard to watch, but loved the book.

Always. When you have skinny ankles like me, it is impossible to get the foot out. Actually, it is impossible to find a shoe that fits, full stop.

Wet. Can't stand it otherwise.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Hello!!

Push for a reduction on meat consuption, Place tarrifs on import and out of season foods and encourage local support.

Purple.

I am not a big movie type but I read A LOT so it's probably one of the LOTR moies.

I really want to pretend I do but alas, I am lazy and wear vans almost daily anyway so it's easy.

Of course I wet it first - I wasn't even aware people did it any other way. I am shocked.