Re: IYSH September 2016!

@BazanFan welcome!!
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

Hey @BazanFan and welcome to ReachOut! Smiley Happy What other books have you read?

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

Thanks @N1ghtW1ng and @redhead

I am currently really interesed in Geo Politics and History (boring I know). I just feel that with the current media bombardment of news and constant discussions about politics, racial movements and war I want to be more informed. I try to avoid any books that centre too much on any one current topic (ISIS) for example as they are often sensationalist and don't provide much insight, history or in depth analysis. 

I am also reading Go Set A Watchman by Harper Lee and then will go back and re-read To Kill A Mockingbird as I have forgotten it suffiecently now. I actually have my mothers ancient copy of To Kill A Mockingbird from when she went to university over 40years ago!!

I just finished Eating Animals by Safran Foer which was incredibly interesting. I am Vegan but it wasn't all animal rightsy leftwing propaganda like a lot of the stuff on the topic. It was actually really good - it discussed all sorts of things like the rise of deadly avian flus and how they are connected to factory farming which I found super interesting!

What are you all reading?

Hey everyone! First time poster here Smiley Happy

1. How would you cure world hunger? - As many people have already mentioned, reducing food waste and reallocating resources would be my main initiatives. In addition to that I think it's important to educate people and raise awareness that food doesn't come easy to all of us. Maybe even get people to grow their own food/raise their own animals so they build that sense of connection and learn to appreciate food more.. Smiley Happy

2. Think of a colour. What is it?

Blue, always Blue! <3

3. What is your favourite book that has been turned into a movie and did the movie do it justice? - Not really a book reader but I looooove the Game of Thrones TV series and I'm going to start reading the books. So I hope it is just as good as the tv series.

4. Do you untie your shoes before you take them off? - Only if I can't squeeze my feet out (maybe that's why I keep ruining my shoes...)

5. Do you wet your toothbrush first? Or do you just start brushing? - Never tried brushing with a dry brush!! How it does feel??

Sorry, think some of my answers are not really answering the question. #storyofmylife

------

To the world you may be one person but to one person you may be the world. x

Geopolitics and history aren't boring! History in particular is quite the opposite to me. Eating Animals has been on my list ever since it was first published. I really want to read JFS's work. You may want to check out this thread @BazanFan

1. How would you cure world hunger?

Not really me doing it but I love programs like Second Bite, like how simple that they redistribute excess food. Duh.

2. Think of a colour. What is it?

Sparkles. That's a colour right?

3. What is your favourite book that has been turned into a movie and did the movie do it justice?

Memoirs of a Geisha. Sooooo good.

4. Do you untie your shoes before you take them off?

Never.

5. Do you wet your toothbrush first? Or do you just start brushing?

Wet it. But after the toothpaste goes on. So... grab the toothbrush... smoosh the toothpaste on. Wet. Brush. Perfect.
------------------------------------------------------------------

this too shall pass... (i promise).

Sparkles is the best colour @ell92!

5. Do you wet your toothbrush first? Or you just start brushing?
I would wet my toothbrush first it's because I prefer the feeling when it wet.

4.Do you I tile your shoes before you take them off?
My answer is yes. Because I usually tide my shoes really tight, so untied my shoes is a definite.

3.what is your favorite book that has been turned into a movie and did the movie do it justice?
I would say the boy in the stripe pyjamas and of course he movie did it justice. It was such an emotional movie.