cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Ice cream

@Tempus wrote:

Coke + Ice-Cream = spider, ^^. We used to have them as kids, they are pretty good expect they are terrible for you Smiley Tongue

Correct! I think Australia is the only place that calls it a spider. In North America it's called a "float".

Fun fact: In many tea restaurants (aka diners) in Hong Kong you can order a "Black Cow". It's Coca-Cola with some ice and a big scoop of chocolate ice cream!

Interesting! They call it a Black Cow in that movie Now & Then too (which is one of my fave girly movies of all time, though I'm not sure how Christina Ricci grows up to be Rosie O'Donnell!)

@Lex wrote:

Fun fact: In many tea restaurants (aka diners) in Hong Kong you can order a "Black Cow". It's Coca-Cola with some ice and a big scoop of chocolate ice cream!

Well the first time I came across the concept of ice-cream and soda was back in primary school. The name it was given was so down-keyed: Ice-cream soda. As I grew up people told me it is actually a 'Spider' and I can't get that 8 legged creature out of my head (hardly appropriate for a drink), so now it is also called a Black Cow?! Is that a translation into English from Chinese? 

Re: Ice-Cream !!!!

Hello. Smiley Happy hope you all had a great Christmas & Newyears.....I love Vanilla ice-cream, Old english toffee & Choch fudge....YUM

Highlighted

I love icecream so without a doubt for me it would be Baskins and Robbins chocolate peanut butter or Love potion, so delish!

Since I'm Lactose intolerant and not meant to have milk ( I still have lots of ice-cream) haha I love Mango Sorbet with Mango Pieces in it Smiley Happy

Cookies and Cream!

Oh man, I just had toblerone flavoured gelato and am feeling pretty sick, so this conversation is timely but also a reminder of why I should be more careful when selecting rich flavoured ice cream/gelato.

But, on a normal day, I love mint choc chip ice cream all the way. I'm also a fan of sorbet's when the time is right. This place near work has blood orange sorbet and it's pretty amazing.

This thread is really making me feel like a double dip chocolate flake cone from Mr Whippy Smiley Happy

Pistachio! Or white chocolate raspberry. Or hokey pokey.