cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspirational quotes, lyrics sayings etc. ?

Hey guys,

Has anyone got any inspirational quotes, speeches, lyrics, sayings or anything like that to help inspire them when they're feeling down? Or even any songs they like to listen to?
I'd be interested to see some of them.

“Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” - Joshua J. Marine

“The pain you feel today is the strength you feel tomorrow. For every challenge encountered there is opportunity for growth.” -Unknown?

"If you're going through hell, keep going.' -Churchill 

Just to name a few. 

What about you guys?

Re: Inspirational quotes, lyrics sayings etc. ?

My favourite quote is from Avatar The Last Airbender from Bumi when he was younger to Aang(the Avatar) 

Instead of seeing what they want you to see, you gotta open your brains to the possibilities.

I absolutely love it and Bumi. He's awesome! 

Avatar: The last airbender has some amazing quotes! Especially Iroh's quotes.

' Sometimes life is like this dark tunnel, you can’t always see the light at the end of the tunnel, but if you just keep moving, you will come to a better place.'

'It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it become rigid and stale.'

'Prince Zuko, pride is not the opposite of shame, but it’s source. True humility is the only antidote to shame.'

'Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not.'

'While it is always best to believe in one’s self, a little help from others can be a great blessing.'

'You must never give into dispair. Allow yourself to slip down that road and you surrender to your lowest instincts. In the darkest times, hope is something you give yourself. That is the meaning of inner strength.'

Seriously powerful and meaningful stuff.

Oh I always love listening to Iroh! I wish he was my uncle!

There was a similar thread here forever and a day ago.

This is one of my favourites:

A very inspiring quote, and sorry, I didn't know there was already a similar thread :/

my favourite quote is "Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind" -Dr Seuss Smiley Very Happy

"The first person you always have to learn to love is yourself"
-Ozzy Osbourne
Highlighted

This has always been one of my faves:

'Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.'
- Albert Einstein

(attribution dubious, but I still like the quote)

And this one...

"That was a memorable day to me, for it made great changes in me. But, it is the same with any life. Imagine one selected day struck out of it, and think how different its course would have been. Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation of the first link on one memorable day."
~ Great Expectations, Charles Dickens.

The one I love is 

- Everything will be okay in the end, if it's not okay then it's not the end -- Ed sheeran