cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Introduce Yourself Here - August 2017!

1. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
The US (because I am going there yay!). I really want to go to Japan though + everywhere else in the world pretty much eventually.... Smiley Very Happy

2. What's your favourite genre of music (or band/artist) at the moment?
Hmm lately I have been listening a lot to the Cactus Blossoms, the Allah Las, Neil Young and the Byrds....so as far as genres I guess....folk/country/beachy? Smiley Tongue

3. What was the last book you read, and did you like it?
Hmm I have been a terrible reader for a while now and need to get back into it! I think it might have been Hell's Angels? It was okay - the story is pretty wild - I found it a bit difficult to get through though.

4. What are your thoughts on mandatory school uniforms? (been a topic of discussion at my home recently!)
I think they are pretty silly for the most part (especially strict ones!) Although that's coming from someone who likes clothes/fashion - I can understand the logic behind it. But it's good to experiment in school! I have never had a uniform personally but there were often times when I was in school that I really wanted one funnily enough!

5. What is your best characteristic? (could be that you're super organised or that you always have fab hair when you wake up - anything!)
I am pretty organised! Smiley Wink

1)If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?

Japan, again. I love the mix of new and old. So much history yet so much technological advancement. The people are wonderful, and I think the language is so beautiful in its complexity. I am actually going to start studying Japanese again over the Christmas break. 

2. What's your favourite genre of music (or band/artist) at the moment?

Always show tunes! I saw a few musicals in London in the last month, and I am in love with the soundtracks. A bit of Wicked, Lion King and The Cabaret. 

I read my uni textbook Smiley Tongue It was interesting, but I would prefer to re-read Harry Potter to be honest haha!

4. What are your thoughts on mandatory school uniforms? (been a topic of discussion at my home recently!)

I like it. For me, it takes the way of stressing about what I have to wear everyday. Plus, my high school uniform kinda looked like that of Hermione Granger's Hogwarts uniform Smiley Tongue

5. What is your best characteristic? (could be that you're super organised or that you always have fab hair when you wake up - anything!

I actually am super organised! And that is my favourite thing about myself. Smiley Happy

I really wanted to be somewhere right now but I know its impossible. I want to travel all around the world but my Favorite Place is Makkah. Hajj is near, a lot of Muslims went to Makkah to preform their pilgrimage and I wanted to be among them. In Sha Allah next time.

I am not into music.

I am reading the winner stands alone but I didn't finish it yet but I like it.

I think mandatory uniform is a good thing. It shows sign of equality.

5. What is your best characteristic? (could be that you're super organised or that you always have fab hair when you wake up - anything!)

I love making crafts especially yarn crafts. 

Everyone has such amazing answers! Thumbs up RO peeps! Lets see if I can be as awesome as yall Smiley Wink

Honestly, I'd love to go for a tip around Australia and just take photos of anything and everything. I think it'd be one very looooong trip Smiley Very Happy

2. What's your favourite genre of music (or band/artist) at the moment?

Oh gosh! I listen to everything... Nearly...

Right now I'm listening to whatever is on my laptop... I'll pick a few of my favs from this playlist that's been on repeat which I made, it's called Loving'

Lady Gaga - The Cure & Til it happens to you

Sleeping at Last - 99 Red Balloons

Thirteen Senses - Into the fire (acoustic version of 2008)

Tegan & Sara - Where does the good go

These are probs my absolute favs right now. Smiley Very Happy

I'm currently reading "ACCOUNTING: An introduction to Principals & Practice 8th Edition"

Do I like it? Uhm undecided. It's annoyingly great LOL

giphy

I personally liked school uniforms, they made everyone equal. I grew up in a low-income family and we never had much money growing up, so it was hard to keep up with the fashion. All of my clothes were second-hand or clearance, except for the odd occasion grandma visited and spoilt us, or we had a special occasion where we needed something special. Nowadays I buy everything new, but I like the clearance piles. Growing up that way taught me to value things a lot, so if something gets a nick I get sad and try to fix it! I even made old thin winter pj pants into summer shorts because they were a light fabric!

Sorry I went off topic. Back to school uniforms. I am for them. BUT I  don't think they should be as strict as what they are becoming in public schools now. Let us personalise them our way - let us wear funky coloured socks, or have coloured shoes if we please. Don't tell us not to wear bangles or makeup, let us be free while being modest and in uniform Smiley Happy

My Best characteristic? Well this is an interesting one. Maybe my ability to ALWAYS see good in people even after they have hurt me prior.

I'm also great at colouring in - Have you seen my last post about my colouring? I'll post it below for you. But I'm also good at photography. Which I post on my facebook page and some I keep to myself. - I might have to do a shoot just for you guys, so that I remain anonymous here Smiley Happy

2017 colouring collage_Page_1.jpegMy Colouring in

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

I'm new here, so this will be a first post for me!

Japan would be great, I've always wanted to go, it seems like a really nice and beautiful place I'd love to visit!

I don't actually have favourites with music, I love heaps and heaps of different kinds of music, but the artists I've listened to most recently would probably be Halsey and Porter Robinson~

The last book I (re)read would be Percy Jackson! I've always loved those books, and so revisiting them every so often is always really nice.

Personally, I don't like 'em. I'd much rather wear my own clothes to school and be comfortable than wear a uniform. 

I honestly don't know! I'm good at procrastinating Smiley LOL generally though, I think I have a great sense of humour, which is nice!

Hey @transmeenu and welcome to ReachOut! Smiley Happy The Percy Jackson books are great, aren't they? Have you read any of the other series?

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

1. America - more specifically Warner Brothers studios and Harry Potter world in Orlando......um...do I need a reason? HelloooOoo it is like going to Hogwarts in real life!!

2. My favourite genre of music is most definitely disney songs. 

3. The last book I read was 1984..still reading actually. It is pretty intense. Not one of my favourites but the concepts behind the world the characters are living in is full on!

4. I like mandatory school uniforms purely because I don't have to worry about what to wear and wash a heap of clothes and then trying to find an outfit that I'm happy with is really annoying. I like free dress...uniforms are just easier. And they can also make a school look more like a community and professional looking. 

5. My best characteristic is probably my ability to make plans and to-do lists. Smiley Happy 

Howdy! 

I would go to Italy! my family is Italian and i would love to experience the culture over there. 

It changes all the time for me to have one at the moment, but my all time fav will always be Bob Dylan. 

I read Burial Rites and i loved it! favourite book. 

yes, i'm all about convenience. 

can cook a mean 2 min noodles 

Nice to meet yall! 

Highlighted

Hey @rosiefrog, welcome! 

Oh man Italy is awesome, is there anywhere is particular there that you would want to visit? Smiley Happy 

Egypt, to see the pyramids and learn more about history.

I've been listening to Colbie Caillat recently.

I liked it, but I can't remember the title! Smiley Surprised It was a mystery about a vet whose friend was murdered.

No strong opinions on the matter, really. But my mum used to tell me about how when she went to school, your clothes could lead to bullying and pressure to fit in by having Levi jeans. :-P 

I am level-headed.  :-)