cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduce Yourself Here: August!!

Can you believe it's August already? Time for another Introduce Yourself Here!

What's one of your favourite childhood memories?

giphy

What's a weird quirk you have? - Do you talk in your sleep, argue with yourself, wear too much glitter, secretly a mermaid...
courteney cox dancing GIF

You are given the opportunity to create a new nail polish or paint colour what is it and what's the name?

giphy

What movie have you seen multiple times but still enjoy watching?

giphy

What's the strangest way you have woken up (either on purpose or accidentally)? 

giphy                                 

Finally tell us a weird fact that we may not know?

hamster running GIF

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whatever it takes I know I can make it through!

Re: Introduce Yourself Here: August!!

I saw the Hooley Dooleys in concert - they were a band around the same time as the Wiggles but there was 3 guys instead of 4 and there was koala (called Tilly) and a kangaroo (called Russel) instead of a dinosaur and a dog, far superior in my books. So seeing them in concert was something I remember and I know we bought a CD at the concert that we still have somewhere. Here's a YouTube clip of them to jolt your memories. 

What's a weird quirk you have? - Do you talk in your sleep, argue with yourself, wear too much glitter, secretly a mermaid...

I wish I was a mermaid! I love watching the shows Mako Mermaids and H20 Just Add Water with my sister and I also think being a mermaid would be so fun of course the turning into one as soon as you touch water would be a challenge, but I could make it work especially if I could do tricks like in the gif below.

giphy

I do however talk in my sleep and sleep walk, so I try to avoid sleeping on the top bunk where possible!

You are given the opportunity to create a new nail polish or paint colour what is it and what's the name?

For nail polish I would want a really pretty shimmery silver that when it catches the light it changes colour like a prism it would also need to include lots of glitter! I would call it "ooooh shiny" Smiley Happy

So many! All the Pitch Perfect movies I've watched multiple times and love. I love to watch the Grown Ups films with Adam Sandler in them he is so hilarious. A Cinderella Story I love and its my all time favourite film, I mean the dress and Hilary Duff what more could you need in a film?! Also a lot of Disney Channel Original Movies I have seen multiple times because they are the best to sing along too. 

giphy

Most recently my cat woke me up at 2.00am by sneezing multiple times which was weird and I remember on my 16th birthday my Dad woke me up by singing (badly I might add!) The Hills Are Alive from The Sound of Music. 

If you have two arms you have an above average number of arms, just let that sink in for a while. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whatever it takes I know I can make it through!

My name is Tragicalknave, and i am 20 

my favourite childhood memory was going to the football with my mum; so took me and my younger brothers to the football, it was one of the best days of my childhood i can remember; a ray of sunshine in a otherwise confused and bitter memory.

let's see i can do a few things; for a start due to learning how to do it at such a young age i have highly developed the ability to whistle, to the point where i can actually quiver the notes and whistle in three distinctive ways; open mouth, closed puckered lips and at high pitches (although i will admit i am rusty!) i can do both at the same time.

physics black; this is a bit of a running gag of mine, one day in physics class i learned that the colour black actually contained all colours; we saw black because no light remained to be reflected into our eyes. now then to be fair however it would change colour per the lighting so red colour would make it teal for example and no light would make it glow white.

deadpool 1. hands down; i have watched it at least a dozen times and every time i still laugh at it. the humour is just right.

one day i woke up completely dressed; i had no recollection of getting dressed and it wasn't either of my siblings/mum so to this day it remains the weirdest thing to ever wake up to 

the starlight we see in the evening sky isn't actually there; it is millions if not billions of years old and has taken all that time to reach our little planet; most of them may not even be there any more.

oh and a bonus fact; atoms behave differently when they are observed.... just let that sink in for a moment, which means all observations of atoms up to this point in time have always been wrong. its a bit more complicated than that and has to do with the refracted light off-putted from our eyes and etc. but its quite spooky don't ya think?

Hey @Tragicalknave,

welcome to the forums! You seem to be quite into science. Have you always been good at it/interested in it? What disciplines within it do you like best?

Just letting you know also that I've had to edit your post a little. We're an anonymous forum for the benefit of all users, so I've taken out your name (I replaced it with your username, I hope that was an okay substitution).

You can check out our community guidelines that covers stuff like remaining anonymous here if you'd like.

Highlighted

*• Just another fish trying to breath air •*

I’m 99% sure this memory is actually made up. But when I was 3, I vividly remember getting out of my step-dads truck. Himself holding my 10 month old brother as we ran into the hospital whilst my mum gave birth to my sister. I remeber the art above the entrance door every time. The way the angel jsut sat there calm as we ran in. 

Uhh... I’m not quite sure. I think nothing anyone does is particularly normal per say. But one weird thing I think about a lot is what super powers I wish I could have; and it’s always the same two. Flight and the ability to touch things and see their past. See what that object/person has been through. It’s just always fascinated me.

Polar bear in a Snowstorm! I love the fact that snow appears white, but is actually every colour. It’s the cause of headaches when stated into for two long. Our brains can’t process the sheer amount of colours being projected into our eyes so it just transmitts it as white. (Also just love saying “look at my polar bear in a snowstorm” when it’s jsut a blank piece of paper)

Pretty much most of the Comedy/Romance section of Netflix. 

I woke up on the floor once. I must have fallen off the couch? Because I wasn’t even near my bed. I’m not surprised either because my brother will see my fall asleep and feel to bad to wake me up if I’m not on my bed xD

Aside from the snow comment, depending on your beliefs. There is also the fact that the world is still exploding. Every galaxy in the universe is still moving away from the center, and picking up speed. We have yet to slow down.

Hi there @Tragicalknave and @Dino and welcome to ReachOut! Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

New to the forums? Say hello over here with a range of quirky questions!

Announcements
Share what's on your mind:
Head here and click "start a topic"

Not sure where to start?:
Head here and say hi!
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 173 guests
Please welcome our newest community members:
Top High Fived Authors