cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduce Yourself Here - JANUARY EDITION 2019!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!! Smiley Very Happy

Do you have any new year traditions (eg. have a new year party, glitter bomb friends)?

How do you keep yourself cool in summer?

What's your favourite summer snack?

What's the strangest experience you've had on holidays/break?

What's one thing you're looking forward to in 2019?

Re: Introduce Yourself Here - JANUARY EDITION 2019!

Do you have any new year traditions (eg. have a new year party, glitter bomb friends)?

Nahh, I just have a quiet night usually and go to bed, maybe watch the 8:00pm fireworks on TV because I hate staying up late Smiley LOL

tenor (2).gif

Lots of time on my inflatable pineapple! Air con & like a wet washer Smiley Tongue Aircon is honestly the hero of summer, I won't get out of the house for days!

InfiniteTerrificKob-max-1mb.gif

Um, probably those weiss ice blocks, I love them! But I don't really have specific season snacks Smiley Happy Tim tams all year round!

giphy (1).gif

Hmm, I'll come back to that one, I'll have to think about it! 

I'll come back to this one as well, please remind me Smiley Happy

Hi. I'm Gift, 19 year old...have a lot going on with me..now it's just the fact of me feeling very lonely even with people around.

Hi there @ValorouS and welcome to ReachOut! Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that there's a lot going on right now, feeling lonely is a terrible feeling, especially when we have people around us. If you'd like, making a thread over here is a great way to share what's going on with other users so they can see it and offer support, as not many users will come into this thread, does that make sense? 

Reachout also has an article over here on some things you can do when you're feeling lonely. 

I hope you're having a good day today, see you around the forums! 

-----

Our new guidelines are now live, check them out here!

Hi I'm Ricky and I am trying to recover from ongoing depression and trying to get my life back on track after being unemployed for 6 months which is kinder my new years resolution mostly I guess aswell as trying to make some friends as I don't have any.

Highlighted

I can see we have some new members to our forums! A huge welcome from the ReachOut team to @Rickp88@girlinthesky35@Jayden331 @Reeree19 @Frozenqueen @svrooster and @ValorouS!

For those of you who haven't done so already, you are more than welcome to introduce yourself here! We would love to get to know you more Smiley Happy

Did you know we have new Community Guidelines? You can check them out here

Happy New year everyone!!!

So many new users!!!!

You mean besides not melt from 40 Degree days?

I usually have a damp face washer to constantly dampen my face, and I've just discovered the pure joy of using ice cold water from the fridge on said face washer! Heart Also lots of cold water! I have my trusty water bottle that is like a thermos and it keeps my water cool enough during the day for me! It seems to keep it cool for about 4 hours, (I only spent like $5 on it because I didn't know how much I'd use it, as I bought it back in August lol but it's my fav now, so I might invest in a better one so it stays colder for longer! But it's great because I'm actually drinking more water so win!

Anything cold! Smiley Tongue

hmm that's a toughie, I'll come back if I remember anything Smiley Tongue

Hmm that's a very good question, I think probably progressing more with my foot recovery and my mental health. I'm looking forward to getting a job again this year! 

Get to know each other more in our monthly Introduce Yourself HERE!

We updated our guidelines! Check them out HERE!
Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

I didn't join this month, but I'm still fairly new here Smiley Tongue. No harm in doing another one of these Smiley Very Happy

Uhh, none that I can think of. I'm too tired to have a new year party after like four Christmas parties Smiley LOL. But like @Bee said, the only thing I find consistent during this time of the year is trying to stay cool.

My current setup is a fan and plenty of water (it's important, especially in Summer!!). Another thing that helps is just not moving Smiley LOL, as soon as I try cleanup or anything I'm melting again.

Hands down frozen grapes, anyone else?!

Uhh, I witnessed someone's thongs get slightly melted from the burning tar.

A new government (hopefully). I don't mean to get political, but come on. Smiley Tongue

Also, a warm welcome to all the new members! Talking to others is important, and everyone here is very supportive. Feel free to open up if you want to Heart

@unwind it's nice for everyone to join in so we can all get to know each other Smiley Happy
I agree on the mot moving part to stay cool!
Although mever heard of having frozen grapes! I might try that one Smiley Tongue but cold grapes are nice too! Mmm now I want grapes!

Get to know each other more in our monthly Introduce Yourself HERE!

We updated our guidelines! Check them out HERE!
Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Sleeping and doing nothing!

Lots of cool drinks and some frozen drinks (mainly because they're cheap Smiley Tongue)

Chocolate ice cream!!! Yum yum!

This wasn't strictly holidays, but it was when I went to NZ on a school trip. We had been visiting Christchurch a number of months after the 2011 earthquakes when most of the city was in shipping containers. We then went back to Australia. Little did we know that Christchurch would have another massive earthquake the day after we left! Smiley Surprised

Hopefully settling down into proper full time work - after making all the job applications. Would be nice to get an income!