cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Introduce Yourself Here - JANUARY EDITION 2019!

Loving all the answers and getting to know you all a little better!

@Aphay08@jamesnicholas@zebra24@Chrgates1@Airbagwarring@pandorasbox1844noticed that you guys are all new - feel free to post your answers here if you'd like Smiley Very Happy Heart

hey @Ali-khan @TahP @jaswindersingh @Clarents @RogerRabbit @Ctophz @Lostinthislife
I’ve noticed you guys are new, you are welcome to contribute to this thread ! Smiley Happy Heart

Hi Guys! New builder here. Thanks for the warm welcome Smiley Happy

Do you have any new year traditions (eg. have a new year party, glitter bomb friends)?

No, not really. But I love to spend it with my friends and family. This year I spent it with my twin sister, my partner and her brother and his partner. We played Dungeons and dragons (my first time) and it was actually super cool!

How do you keep yourself cool in summer?

I go to the beach when I can cause I live kind of close!

What's your favourite summer snack?

Watermelon and fetta cheese... it's amazing!

What's the strangest experience you've had on holidays/break?

I spent a month living with my partner interstate. Was strange in the best way!

What's one thing you're looking forward to in 2019?

I am looking forward to my third year of university! Starting with a neuroscience unit, it is going to be super interesting and busy I hope

Love these questions @mrmusic!!

Do you have any new year traditions (eg. have a new year party, glitter bomb friends)?

Ummm...no, not really. Although I suppose I do make a Goodreads challenge every year and have been for the past few years. I've set my goal as 52 books this year...

I wear lots of dresses and put a fan in my room to help me sleep, because I find I can't get to sleep if it's too hot in my room.

What's your favourite summer snack?

Rockmelon/cantaloupe. I think it's my favourite fruit. And on the less healthy side, I just discovered Ben and Jerry's non-dairy peanut butter and biscuit flavour - SO good! 

What's the strangest experience you've had on holidays/break?

Getting locked in my friend's bathroom and having to shout for the neighbours to help me climb out the window. 

Going back to university - which is both exciting and scary. Smiley Happy

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

honestly i really feel that 

Hi @justasmalltowngirl ! Welcome to RO Smiley Happy

Anonymous

Hi, I live for music! I play trombone and euphonium, my lucky number is 12. Mix it and thats how you get Tromphonium12! I’m mostly here to discover the many ways this place can cheer me up after my down moments that im working on so, yeah. I have no idea if you introduce yourself like this but there it is. Imma go answer those questions...

Do you have any new year traditions?

Wish I did.

Most of the time it’s me trying to keep myself warm. I’ve got no flesh to keep my warm and when my family blasts the aircon, I freeze.

What’s your favourite summer snack?

Weis and mangoes and watermelon!

What’s the strangest experience you’ve had on holidays/break?

Went to the Gold Coast with my family and when I was about to leave the plane, I said to the stewardess “Goodbye!” And I’m pretty sure I heard her say “Get out.” No idea why she said it but it was hilarious. I had never seen her before that experience, not even on the plane.

What’s one thing you’re looking forward to in 2019?

I’m going with my school bands to New Zealand to perform!

Hey @Anonymous, welcome to ReachOut! Smiley Happy I absolutely LOVE your username! Sounds like the New Zealand trip will be fun!

Highlighted

Moving to a new city. 

Hi everyone hope you are doing ok, 

I've been an addict for a couple of years now. Had a solid 4 months clean until recently. 

Crashing at the moment from a week-long sleep/food deprived bender and while lying on my bed I kept asking myself how the hell I keep relapsing. I expect nothing will change if I don't try something different so might give this place a go along with  counseling for 2019 and see what happens 

Hey @Junkie453, welcome to the RO forum.

Thank you for sharing with us whats been going on for you - sounds like things are pretty rough at the moment. 

It's amazing to hear that you were clean for so many months, and that you're looking for ways to recovery.  Relapse is incredibly hard, but a very common part of recovery. Seeing a counsellor this year sounds like an amazing step towards getting the support you need to keep up the hard work you've put in to recover from y our addiction. 
Stoked that you're on our forum. 

We have some resources and info over here about drug addiction,  that might be helpful for you to look at. And more here about getting professional support. 

If you ever want to post to get support - you can post a new topic over here