cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Introduce Yourself Here - January 2018!

It's a new month of a new year, which means it's time for a new IYSH thread! Regardless of how long you've been here, here's some random questions for you Smiley Very Happy

1. Do you normally wear socks to bed?

2. What's your favourite way to cool off in summer?

3. What's the last thing you cooked?

4. Do you know the scientific name for any plant/animal without looking it up?

5. What's one thing you'd like to accomplish this month?

Re: Introduce Yourself Here - January 2018!

Hello, and Happy New Year to everyone! I Haven't been on the forums in a while, so I figured I'd re-introduce myself. 

1. Do you normally wear socks to bed? Only if it's freezing cold. If my feet are hot, I can't fall asleep - I usually have them poking out of the covers. 

2. What's your favourite way to cool off in summer? The beach, or if I can't get there, a cold shower!

3. What's the last thing you cooked? Vegetarian sausages on the BBQ. 

4. Do you know the scientific name for any plant/animal without looking it up? I have a couple of houseplants that I know the names for (Monstera Deliciosa, Ficus Elastica) and for some reason I know that the giant squid is Architeuthis.

5. What's one thing you'd like to accomplish this month? I would like to get outside more often and enjoy the sunshine, rather than hermiting inside under the air con all day. 

no 

sit inside with the fan watching TV shows 

2 minute noodles Smiley Tongue 

no, my dad used to be a horticulturalist but I forgot everything he told me about plants Smiley Sad

no self harm 

===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

nope! Even in Winter I usually take them off. Usually because one slides down and off my ankle and I usually cannot get it back up so I just take them both off using my feet! Smiley Tongue It doesn't stop me from trying to though!

I have come accustomed to ice packs and cool face washers. I found that placing an ice pack on your face for 30sec isn't just  a DBT skill but also a great way to cool down FAST! And then it usually goes on my foot and ankle to combatt swelling and pain...

Chicken Dinosaurs (rawr!) and chips 

Uhm nope, not a damn clue! Hahaha

Probably more of my accounting course (as I haven't really done much on it) & more photography! (I bought a macro (close up) lens last week and it should arrive Thursday! So I'm excited to use it and see what it can do! Smiley Very Happy

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

1. Do you normally wear socks to be? 80% of the time I do, the only times I don't is when its super hot at night (so in the middle of Summer) or I kick them off in my sleep.

2. What's your favourite way to cool off in Summer? Either swimming in a friend's pool (I have a few friends with pools which is awesome) or if I'm at home eating ice cream or drinking a cold drink, sitting under the air con vent with a good book or watching a fun TV show/movie.

3. What's the last thing you cooked? It depends on what you count as cooking. I made scrambled eggs for breakfast this morning and before that I did oven baked fish and chips with salad for dinner last night. But for me proper cooking is following a recipe and making something from scratch so on Saturday I made a yummy sugar cookie slice for a new years eve party and new years day gathering.

4. Do you know the scientific name for any plant/animal without looking it up? Nope, I failed science which includes biology. 

5. What's one thing you'd like to accomplish this month? Getting back into the swing of things! I normally go for early morning walks but I have been really slack in going lately (as between Christmas and New Year no one knows/care what day it is) and I meant to go this morning but I slept through my alarm (I will try again tomorrow) -.-

I am catering a youth group camp in 2 weeks time so I would love to come out from the other side of that in one piece with no major disasters or kitchen fires. I have no idea what I was getting into when I agreed to do it but I'm sure it will be an adventure! 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whatever it takes I know I can make it through!

Depends on the weather, in summer I don't Smiley Tongue

Just chill at home Smiley Happy

Does ramen count? Smiley Tongue

UHMMMM, unfortunately no. I am very bad with scientific knowledge.

To do some spring cleaning around the house before CNY Smiley Happy

Yes if its cold

Aircon or icypoles

Toast

A gorilla's scientific name is gorilla gorilla

Get my life back on track Smiley Happy

Not normally (but that's only because the majority of the aussie year is HOT). It takes me a few days to get used to wearing socks, then a few days to get used to not wearing them Smiley Tonguesocks GIF

2. What's your favourite way to cool off in summer?resting air conditioning GIF by Cheezburger

pie pi day GIF

A good, yummy, veggie pie! Smiley Very Happy (from Coles Smiley Tongue)

Nope! A lot of sciency-sounding things run across my head but nothing substainsial Smiley Tongue

Neil Degrasse Tyson GIF

Dogs Running GIF

(walk more, get healthier, not be so bloody tired all the time)

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

Welcome to ReachOut @Crumpet! Smiley Very Happy Icypoles rock! Cat LOL

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

hey everyone! i'm dominic Smiley Happy)

1. Do you normally wear socks to bed? hell no, gotta keep the feet free

2. What's your favourite way to cool off in summer? the fan ofc

3. What's the last thing you cooked? i dont know how to cook anything )):

4. Do you know the scientific name for any plant/animal without looking it up? maybe?

5. What's one thing you'd like to accomplish this month? have better social skills