cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Introduce Yourself Here - July 2018!

Do you have anything fun planned for the holidays? Where i go to school the holidays is over Smiley Sad but i didn't do anything during the holidays, i stayed home and read books in front of the fire. 

What's your favourite thing to do in winter? Stay inside and keep warm. 

How do you maintain structure/routine when you're not at class or work? i don't really have a routine, i go to sleep whenever i feel tired. my sleep routine is completely out of whack Smiley LOL

Social media can give us major FOMO if our holidays don't consist of snorkelling in the Caribbean or climbing Mt Everest... How can we learn to embrace the quietness? think about the amount of effort it takes to swim and climb hahaha 

What's your favourite holiday-themed gif? i don't really use gifs 

Everyones answers to these have been really interesting! It's amazing how similar we are in a lot of ways Smiley Happy

@vicky_toria1328 reading books in front of the fire sounds so relaxing Heart if you're interested we have a books thread here on the forums - would love to know what you're reading! Smiley Very Happy

@letitgo @Mstar123 that gif is so adorable! Otters are just the cutest Heart

hello Smiley Happy 

Do you have anything fun planned for the holidays?

I'm hoping to catch up with some friends, at least the ones who haven't left me for warmer weather! Apart from that just working and trying to avoid the cold.  

What's your favourite thing to do in winter?

There's nothing better than curling up with a hot cup of tea (and ofc forgetting about it and needing to remake one multiple times) and a good book or movie. Rewatching a netflix series is always good to do too! 

How do you maintain structure/routine when you're not at class or work?

I try to set up a few goals for when I have a day off, usually it starts with a sleep in (planned or not!). I also try to make a bit of a timetable so I can tick things off.   

Social media can give us major FOMO if our holidays don't consist of snorkelling in the Caribbean or climbing Mt Everest... How can we learn to embrace the quietness?

I really enjoy going outside and exercising but its a bit tough to do in the winter, so this month I've taken advantage of a deal at a gym and started going! It's a bit intimidating at times as I have no idea what to do, but I always feel really energised after, like I've achieved something for the day.  So even when scrolling through insta at the end of the day I feel a bit better about myself. 

What's your favourite holiday-themed gif? 
giphy(this is a bit of a lie, i'm very bothered by the cold)

Hello there @hey_hello and welcome to the forums!! Smiley Very Happy That's such a good gif Smiley Tongue I hope you're enjoying your holidays Smiley Happy