cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Introduce Yourself Here! June 2013

1. Tell us about your username? What does it mean to you? 

Well, when I first joined the RO forums in 2009 (two versions ago, when the forum background colour was black. Anyone remember it?) the first book of the Hunger Games trilogy had just come out, and no one really had read it back then.

I happened to stumble across it at a bookstore and thought "this looks interesting", I read it, and it was (and still is) the best book I'd ever read. I felt a particular connection to the Mockingjay, I mean, the thought of a bird that can mimmick human song just sounded amazing. So I decided to make my username "Mockingjay". It was pretty amazing once the other two books had come out, to realise that the final book had been called "Mockingjay". So yeah, I've had my username before the 2nd or 3rd book came out. 

2. What is your greatest talent? 

Hmm, I can't say I have too many talents, but one I find particularly amusing is the ability to balance things on the tips of my fingers (hockey sticks, brooms, mops, rakes etc). I can even change whatever I'm balancing from one finger on one hand to another finger on the other hand while still balancing. Totally useless talent but I get a kick out of it Smiley Tongue

3. Where do you plan to go next on ReachOut.com after replying to this post?

Probably to games, might go to Word Association and Let's Count to 1,000,000. 

4. If you were in your first year at Hogwarts, which house would the Sorting Hat place you into?

Gosh, I would probably prefer Gryffindor or Ravenclaw, but what house I think it would place me into. I have NO idea. Makes me think I should head over to Pottermore and see if I've been sorted yet.

5. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you did with the money and why?

Honestly, I think the first thing I would buy would be my Uni textbooks, but once I had them sorted (depending on how much I won) I'd go and by a metallic white Toyota 86, they're so purdy *drools* haha. Or I could get it sprayed in pink or something to make it more girly haha.

Highlighted

Nari~ is my username on the website I met my best friends on. I've been there for 3 years, and we're very close.

Probably creative writing.

I...don't know. Hm.

4. If you were in your first year at Hogwarts, which house would the Sorting Hat place you into?

Heh. xD I'm not a Harry Potte person, sorry. 

5. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you did with the money and why?

A house. We're in housing commission.

Welcome Guys Smiley Happy
Exciting to see how everyone's got such different talents!

1. Tell us about your username? What does it mean to you?

Just a play on words...Nothing too deep.

2. What is your greatest talent?

Solving equations?

3. Where do you plan to go next on ReachOut.com after replying to this post?
Man Cave!

4. If you were in your first year at Hogwarts, which house would the Sorting Hat place you into?
I'd like it to put me into Gryffindor but most likely it'd be in Hupplepuff.

5. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you did with the money and why?
Go travelling around the world. Why? Because I've always wanted to go on an adventure!

Hey, I'm new to the forums and i'm not quite sure what to do but here i go!

My usernameis ShadowInTheDark because sometimes I just feel that way. Like a shadow in the dark. Unseen by people unless the light shines on me but always present.

I can play the piano and I love it so much! My favourite song that I can play at the moment is River Flows In You by Yiruma Smiley Happy

i have absolutely no idea!

I have no idea, i could be put in any house as i'm a little bit evil (Slytherin) i'm smart (Ravenclaw) i'm derpy and weird (Hufflepuff) and i can be brave and couragess when i need to be (Gryffindor).

I would buy myself a beautiful, expensive grand piano! Smiley Happy

Welcome, ShadowInTheDark Smiley Happy
I'm jealous of you being able to play the piano, I've always wanted to learn a musical instrument but I don't think it's something I have the knack for.

@Shadowinthedark: Great to see some love for Yimura! River flows in you and kiss the rain Smiley Happy. Now if only I had the musical ability to play it...