cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduce Yourself Here- June 2019!

It's already June! Can you believe we're already halfway through the year? Now that winter is well and truly upon us, it's time to pull out your favourite hot beverage, bundle up and answer these questions! Smiley Very Happy

Do you prefer summer or winter?
giphy

What is your favourite hot beverage (Tea? Coffee? Hot chocolate?)
giphy

Socks or slippers? 
giphy

What's your favourite rainy day activity?
giphy
What's the best way to stay warm in winter?
giphy

A big shout-out to @lennycat2017 for inspiring these questions! Smiley Very Happy I can't wait to read everyone's responses!

Re: Introduce Yourself Here- June 2019!

Hey fam! 

• I am 100% a winter baby, my bday is in winter so I'd say that's why Smiley Tongue
  • I am a caramel cap type of gal, a little bit sweet but always coffee 
  • Hmm socks! Is it gross to admit slippers make my feet too sweaty?? 
  • Rainy days must only be spent on the couch, it's a rule. 
  • Under heaps of blankies with trackie dacks on!

Yay! Thanks for starting off the thread @lennycat2017Smiley Very Happy

Winter, probably. Warming up is far, far better than cooling down. But also, summer gets me out of the house and I love lying in the sun, so maybe both? Maybe Autumn or Spring - best of both worlds! Smiley LOL

I'm the type of person that gets iced coffees in Winter. Nothing beats an iced beverage... Smiley LOL. But to answer the question, I've been really enjoying chai tea lately, and nothing can beat a good mocha.

Socks or slippers? 

Socks - perfect for lying down. Although not so perfect when you have to make a quick errand in the backyard and they get all soggy.

Reading, writing or watching a movie! I also think I've used rainy noise generators so much when studying that I associate rain with learning, so.

Snuggling with a pet and lying down in front of the heater. Cat Wink

Hey everyone!

- I would prefer summer because I strongly dislike waking up early on a cold morning and then having to go to school when it is wet and cold
- I do really like hot chocolate although I agree that an iced coffee in winter is excellent
- I prefer socks because I like all the cool patterns you can find on socks and slippers just feel like a waste of time...
- My favourite rainy day activity is either watching the rain or playing some music
- The best way to stay warm in winter is to give someone a hug! (a furry pet is an excellent choice)

Welcome to the ReachOut forums @not-an-otter! I can see you have made a few posts this week which is awesome Smiley Happy I share your enjoyment of watching the rain on a wet day- somedays I will sit at a window and turn all the lights off so I can just watch the rain fall. Very relaxing! Smiley Happy

Check out our community activities calendar for July 2019 here
Highlighted

Thanks for making this thread @Hozzles!

Definitely winter. It's easier for me to make myself warm than it is to cool myself down. Plus, I can't stand the sticky, sweaty feeling of summer. (Also, Frozen. Need I say more?)

It's a tie between tea and hot chocolate. I usually have a cup of tea with breakfast every morning and usually one or two cups throughout the day. But I've recently discovered that the Cadbury hot chocolate powder is vegan, so I'm enjoying that a lot! Smiley Happy

Socks or slippers? 

Hmmm...probably both!

Curling up under a blanket with a book to read and a cup of tea... actually, I think I'll do that later!

Drink lots of tea, wear lots of layers and think warm thoughts, haha! Smiley Very Happy 

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

normally I would prefer winter days. I really love to a winter day. The special thing is about winter day is taking tea with MY loved ones in the morning session on Sunday.
About summer days, I don't like sticky, sweaty feeling. Really I hate that one.

What is your favorite hot beverage(tea, coffee? Hot chocolate?)

Its a tie between tea and coffee. I usually have a cup of tea with my favorite breakfast every morning with my love and usually one or two cups throughout the day.

Socks or slippers?

I prefer both.

What's your favorite rainy day activity?

Like to play in the first rain.

- I love winter ☺️ what beats snuggling up under blankets with a hot chocolate , a good film and someone you love honestly. 

- my favourite hot beverage would probably be a mocha, chocolate + coffee + warmth = happiness 

- I have so many cute designs of socks it's insane but my UGGs will always be my #1 

- my favourite rainy day activity is having my boyfriend over to snuggle and watch a movie under my fairy lights ☺️

- the best way to stay warm in winter is a huge scarf! I just bought his giant checkers scarf and it's like a portable blanket. It's perfect because it means I can take the snuggle with me through the winter cold. 

I love winter ☺️ what beats snuggling up under blankets with a hot chocolate , a good film and someone you love honestly. 

my favourite hot beverage would probably be a mocha, chocolate + coffee + warmth = happiness 

I have so many cute designs of socks it's insane but my UGGs will always be my #1 

my favourite rainy day activity is having my boyfriend over to snuggle and watch a movie under my fairy lights ☺️

The best way to stay warm in winter is a huge scarf! I just bought his giant checkers scarf and it's like a portable blanket. It's perfect because it means I can take the snuggle with me through the winter cold. 

I like how most of your answers involve connecting with loved ones in Winter! That's very special Heart

@not-an-otter - Welcome to the forums! Smiley Happy Yes, cool patterns on socks are so fun!

@letitgo - Ahah, yes! Without Winter we wouldn't have Frozen! Smiley LOL 

@karenblack179 - I also love playing in the rain! Sometimes I can't understand why people run indoors when there's only a light drizzle. If it's not too cold being in rain can be really fun!

@Peanut Fairy lights and a nice movie night sounds amazing!