cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Introduce Yourself Here- June 2019!

wait i love this thread!! thank you for starting it! is there a way we can chat as a separate group? anyways:

Do you prefer summer or winter?

offt, while winter snuggling is more my thing, i really do love a good ol' swim at the beach, lying in the sun Smiley Happy i really feel like winter blues are a thing, anyone else?

What is your favourite hot beverage 

i've always looveed my chai lattes, and green tea/matcha!!

Socks or slippers? 

Socks for sure. i also love wearing them to bed, but let's be real, one is always lost in the morning, dunno how but it happens lol

What's your favourite rainy day activity?
defs bingeing on those youtube vids. I recently discovered a 'boyband' called 'prettymuch' (100% check em out if your into that kinda pop/R&B ish vibe), and have been LOVING their music and interviews, gah

What's the best way to stay warm in winter?

i mean it's cliche, but layering up in my robe with a hot cuppa, or stalking the heater whenever you can 

Hi I'm Jules and I am new to this and have just created an account, I'm not sure if I am doing this right but I guess we will find out after. 

I have depression and anxiety, I have had it for 4-5 years and it is slowly getting worse. I have great support around me but still feel so alone and lost. I like to put my earphones in most days and write poems about how I feel and what is going on in my mind.

If you see this, please reply and tell me if I am doing it right? HAHAHA thanks!

Hi @juls02 and welcome to RO!
Sorry to hear that you've been through that for the past 4-5 years Smiley Sad
It's really great that you have support around you, have you seen a professional for it before?
We're here for you on RO Smiley Happy
As you can see we're a friendly, non-judgmental bunch of people Smiley Happy

@juls02 the good thing about RO is that you're more likely to get a bunch of people popping up to say hi than trying to correct you - which is really good for anxious people like me. Smiley Happy

Hi by the way!! Welcome to the forums!

Depression sucks, though it's great that you've got some coping strategies. Feel free to make a new thread if there's anything specific you want to talk about.

Also, since you like writing, you might like this thread: https://forums.au.reachout.com/t5/Hanging-out/Writers-Thread/m-p/355685#M42530

Amazing questions!

- Do you prefer summer or winter?

I'd have to say summer. I love daylight savings and being able to go to the beach or do some exercise of an evening without it being dark and freezing!

- What is your favourite hot beverage?

Good question. I love tea and coffee. I always start my day with a morning coffee, but always finish my day with an evening tea , so tea and coffee are tied in my eyes 

- Socks or slippers?

Up until last year I didn't wear either in winter! Then my eyes were opened to this whole new world of warm feet during the colder months haha, but probably socks

- What is your favourite rainy day activity?

Sitting inside with a cup of tea watching the rain is always lovely 

- What is the best way to stay warm during winter?

I'm lucky enough to have a fire in my house which is amazing for winter, if not, a whole lotta blankets 

Aw hi!!! Thankyou for replying, it makes me feel so welcomed. I am a veryyyyy anxious person too which can be very hard at times.
How are you?

Get Outlook for iOS

Hey!
Yes I have see a professional before, I’ve seen multiple!!

Get Outlook for iOS
Highlighted

@juls02 same...

And I'm alright, how about you?

That’s good, yeah I’m pretty good!

Get Outlook for iOS

@juls02 yay!! Smiley Happy