cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Introduce Yourself Here - NEW BUILDERS!

Well once again the ReachOut forum family is growing and we have added some new Builders to the mix to help things run smoothly and keep the forum's here an awesome place Smiley Happy

giphy

So for those who have recently become builders we have some questions for you to answer so we can get to know you:

1. How did you first hear about ReachOut and when did you decide to get involved on the forums as a user?
  2. What's your favourite post thread?
  3. Why did you decide to become a Builder?
  4. What do you do during the day (Study? Work? Hunt ghosts? Fight Crime? Taste cupcakes?)?
  5. Do you have any weird hobbies (Train a rubber duck army? Teach lizards Spanish? Learn how to the master the recorder?)?
  6. What's you're all time favourite TV show?

Please join me in welcoming our newest Builders Smiley Happy 

giphy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whatever it takes I know I can make it through!

Re: Introduce Yourself Here - NEW BUILDERS!

Hello new Bobs! I've already seen a few of you around, but now it is time for your formal introduction with these questions! Smiley Happy I look forward to seeing you all around the forums! Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy
@mrmusic @Quaintrelle @LeoTheLion @JemmaMBest @Viridae @MissX @angel @sibh @Kunzy Smiley Happy

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

@ErinsAntics who are the new builders exactly?

@Zeldasmilethe members that are tagged in @ErinsAntics post are the new builders Smiley Happy

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because your WORTH it!**

1. Well I was looking around to volunteer for mental health, wasn't really specifically looking at youths. And I found ReachOut. It looked great so I gave it a try and here I am. 

2. My favourite post thread would have to be the Friday Fives.

3. I guess it's just the next step of helping people and become more involved at RO.

4. I recently got a job so I've just been doing that during the day. 8:30 to 5, being an adult with responsibilities sucks.

5. Train an army of rubber ducks...teach lizards Spanish. These questions are amazing! Imagining those things makes me crack up. But unfortunately I do not have any hobbies as good as your examples.

6. Probably F.R.I.E.N.D.S

Thank you for the warm welcome Smiley Happy I'll get straight into it!

1. How did you first hear about ReachOut and when did you decide to get involved on the forums as a user?
    A friend of mine was already a member on the forums, and she encouraged me to join Smiley Happy I can't even remember when this was! Maybe 6 months ago?? 

2. What's your favourite post thread?
    I'm still introducing myself to the site after a bit of break, so I don't really have a favorite at the moment! Would love some recommendations though Smiley Happy 

I used to have a similar position on a different website and I really enjoyed that, but that website has since shut down (and it was also a lot less professional). I thought this would be a good way to revisit that experience, and get new experience along the way Smiley Happy

4. What do you do during the day (Study? Work? Hunt ghosts? Fight Crime? Taste cupcakes?)?
    I am currently in the midst of applying to be a provisional psychologist, so once that gets approved then I will be doing that 3 days a week! I also work part time in a supermarket for money, as I only get partial pay for working as a prov psych Smiley Sad I keep my weekends free for self care reasons though!

5. Do you have any weird hobbies (Train a rubber duck army? Teach lizards Spanish? Learn how to the master the recorder?)?
    I don't think so?? I pole dance for fitness so I guess some would consider that weird but I really enjoy it Smiley Happy I also enjoying gaming (I have multiple consoles and a PC), anime, going to the gym and learning languages.

6. What's you're all time favourite TV show?
    This is actually the hardest question! I think I would choose Tanaka-kun is Always Listless because I find it so peaceful and it always cheers me up. I just wish it had more episodes Smiley Sad 

Hey guys! Smiley Very Happy

It was one of a number of services recommended to me when I was discharged from a hospital admission. I looked around for a while and joined up 4 years ago, although its only recently I became active on RO again.

2. What’s your favourite post thread?

The 1000 positives threads in the Everyday Life section. Such a great way of building people up!

I love supporting others and using my experience to help other people going through similar problems. I had been doing this already for a couple of months on RO, and I decided to become a builder in order to receive further training on how to offer appropriate support to others. This will also help me with my future career as a music therapist!

I’m in my final year of uni, so most of my energy is devoted to that, but I also do some other work related to music. Smiley Happy

5. Do you have any weird hobbies (Train a rubber duck army? Teach lizards Spanish? Learn how to master the recorder?)?

I do like trains and travelling on them on short trips (as opposed to commuting - especially during peak hour - yuck!), and I also like going on drives with my family, and seeing new places.

6. What’s you’re all time favourite TV show?

Apart from Brooklyn Nine-Nine (which is the compulsory TV show of the forums!), probably most whodunnit mystery shows. Really difficult question!

Welcome New BOBS! Smiley Very Happy

@LeoTheLion I love those questions too! We love hilarious and weird things as mods Smiley Tongue

I also looove the Friday Fives (as if you couldn't tell by my ability to beat @lokifish in posting them Smiley Tongue )

high five barney stinson GIF

@MissX that is awesome! I hope you get the role of Provisional psychologist! WOo!

@mrmusic #6...agree GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

joe lo truglio hug GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Come & join us Monday 22 for Getting Real: Life After Year 12 Exams! 
Don't forget to practice self-care regularly!

Thank you @Bee! I actually did get the role Smiley Happy that is why I have been so busy, there is so much to sort out and keep up with right now (despite the fact that I am not really working much Smiley Frustrated). But I am probably also procrastinating a lot Smiley Frustrated

@MissX Congrats on getting the job!!! Smiley Very Happy

Come & join us Monday 22 for Getting Real: Life After Year 12 Exams! 
Don't forget to practice self-care regularly!