cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Introduce Yourself Here - NEW BUILDERS!

Hey peeps!

Thought we'd revive this thread as we've got a few new bobs around the place this year Smiley Very Happy

Related image

@Raquel326@WheresMySquishy @Hozzles @Shwe @queenP @MochaChino @lennycat2017 @Posie22 @Jane_Rose @Ladybug @Rose_Harley @peacelovepizza @Ash555 @Misty12 @AJ16 @Wonderlahxx @sylviaisaplant @dncinginthedirt 

Hi, everyone! Thanks for the warm welcome <3 

What's your favourite post thread?

Not sure yet! Still quite new to this and still learning how to navigate through it. So far, I am liking the FRIDAY FIVES 

Why did you decide to become a Builder?

I am currently studying psychology and perhaps want to pursue a career, where I get to work with and support young people. I actually have no idea what I want to do ahahaha.  Sooo, becoming a Builder is a starting point : D 

What do you do during the day (Study? Work? Hunt ghosts? Fight Crime? Taste cupcakes?)?

Most of my days are taken up by uni, work and cleaning my room because I can never seem to keep it tidy ahahaha 

Do you have any weird hobbies (Train a rubber duck army? Teach lizards Spanish? Learn how to the master the recorder?)?

Wish I was cool enough to have any weird hobbies. 

What's you're all time favourite TV show?

Dragon Ball Z

Vampire Diaries

Outlander

Game of Thrones

+ many more that I can't think of 

Hello everyone and thank you for the opportunity to join your awesome community!

1. How did you first hear about ReachOut and when did you decide to get involved on the forums as a user?
    I first heard about ReachOut when I did a school assignment on it in Year 9 or 10 and found that it was a helpful resource for me when I was going through a tough time.
  2. What's your favourite post thread?
    I don't have one yet but I'd love some recommendations.
  3. Why did you decide to become a Builder?
    I enjoy volunteering and helping others and hope to gain some more experience in mental health for the next time I apply for a Master's degree in Clinical Psychology. I was shortlisted last year but didn't make the final selection, so hopefully I'll get in after I gain some more experience.
  4. What do you do during the day (Study? Work? Hunt ghosts? Fight Crime? Taste cupcakes?)?
    I am looking at other opportunities to put the skills learned in my psychology degree into practice. Recently, I was given the opportunity to provide social support and companionship in a nursing home, which I'm really excited about starting. For the past few months, I have been mostly dividing my time between home and the hospital, where my sister has been staying.
  5. Do you have any weird hobbies (Train a rubber duck army? Teach lizards Spanish? Learn how to the master the recorder?)?
    I like collecting squishies, doing puzzles, playing games, reading and writing.
  6. What's you're all time favourite TV show?
    That's actually really hard for me to say. Before my sister became unwell, we watched cartoons together almost every day. I haven't watched much TV lately but I also like reality TV shows, game shows and documentaries.

Hello everyone! Super excited to be here! Smiley Very Happy

How did you first hear about ReachOut and when did you decide to get involved on the forums as a user?
Oh, I can't remember! Probably many years ago, while searching through mental health resources. I wanted to get involved at the middle of last year -- I wanted to help out but I was too anxious to make an account on the forums yet Smiley LOL. When I finally made my account I was so happy to see how welcoming and warm this community is!

I recently discovered the '5 things' game. So grounding and helpful for anxiety. Mindfulness hardly ever works for me because my mind usually just goes too fast, but I felt a sense of calm just smelling the air and wondering if I can smell anything but dust. It really takes you out of the anxiety for a moment! 

I also like volunteering to help others and am looking for more experience before I go further in my psychology degree. I wanted a role where I knew I may be able to help people sharing my own experiences.

What do you do during the day (Study? Work? Hunt ghosts? Fight Crime? Taste cupcakes?)?
I wish I could hunt ghosts. Usually, I'd be studying my Bachelors of Psychology/ Literature, but I've put a hold on my degree until July to work on my mental health before I return. I do a bit of volunteering (I recently joined my local headspace team) but most of the time I'm reading, writing, browsing the internet and learning new things (or looking at memes), or spending the entire day playing Sims 3.

Do you have any weird hobbies (Train a rubber duck army? Teach lizards Spanish? Learn how to the master the recorder?)?
I like to collect playing cards? Is that weird? I also have a bearded dragon but I haven't considered teaching her Spanish yet -- I've been learning but I'm not all that good Smiley LOL. Mostly I like travelling, movies, reading and writing (or not writing and just creating characters in my head). If it adds to anything I've been listening to a lot of Shakespeare audios recently, just because I miss Mercutio from Romeo and Juliet. Best character ever.

Orange is the New Black. Also, a lot of old cartoons come to mind. The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy still holds up. 

Yay thank you for introducing yourself @Raquel326  @Hozzles  and @WheresMySquishy  - so good to get to you know you each a bit more!! 

Hi Everyone! Smiley Happy 

I feel most useful in going through the Tough Times sections of our forums. I can only log in for short periods during the week so feel like I use my time the best going through there.

I am a psychology researcher and am always astounded by how many young people fall through the cracks of the normal support structures that are in place. If this is a way I can help those kids then I'd like to be here to see if I can help.

I work as a psychology researcher doing brain stimulation studies, mainly focusing on the ageing brain and motor control. On my day off I walk my dog, work out, play soccer, and paint.

Nothing super weird. I'm trying to teach my dog Italian.

That's a big question. Probably Midsummer Murders (the old ones), Daria, Sherlock, Queer Eye/Tidying Up, Super Nanny...

Hey Guys! Thanks for the warm welcome Smiley Happy

How did you first hear about ReachOut and when did you decide to get involved on the forums as a user?

I heard about ReachOut a few years ago in high school, but late last year my friend informed me about the forums and encouraged me to become a builder. 

So far, I've enjoyed the '1000001 coping strategies and distractions' the most! I feel as though this thread is not only interesting and stimulating, but its also quite helpful when making suggestions to other users. 

I enjoy helping others and I am passionate about empowering young people, so becoming a Builder seemed like something that would really interest me and align with my values! I also wanted to gain some valuable experience and learn some new mentoring skills while helping others at the same time Smiley Happy

I also study psychology! However, when I'm not studying, I usually spend my time either reading, watching shows, cleaning or catching up with a few friends over coffee or dessert! I also love to travel, even just a day trip exploring a new beach is something I like to do over the summer holidays. 

Is it weird to say that I enjoy cleaning? haha. Sometimes I spend an entire day cleaning out my wardrobe or my car and its super satisfying once its all clean and organised Smiley LOL

Brooklyn Nine-Nine or The Office!

Hi @Rose_Harley @MochaChino @Raquel326 @WheresMySquishy and @Hozzles
I really love reading through these posts- I feel like I now know you all so much more! Heart

One theme I am seeing here with all our new builders is the drive to support others and the huge amounts of compassion and knowledge you all bring to the forums! We are so grateful to have so many motivated and caring builders join our forums community! We look forward to seeing you around and getting to know your interests more Smiley Happy

Check out our community activities calendar for October 2019 here

Hi everyone Smiley Happy Heart Thankyou for the opportunity for us all to get to know each other a bit better!

1. How did you first hear about ReachOut and when did you decide to get involved on the forums as a user? I first heard about ReachOut when a girl came into one of my lectures at uni to talk to us about what she did for volunteering and work experience between honours and masters. She said she had started volunteering for ReachOut and explained what you guys do and how flexible the time is etc and I thought wow that's something I would love to do! I decided to begin the process to become a builder over this past summer while I was on uni break because I had lots of spare time. 
  2. What's your favourite post thread? I think it would have to be "what are you proud of?" 
  3. Why did you decide to become a Builder? Because all I have ever wanted to do in life is help others, I am studying psychology and want to be a psychologist so I figured this would be a great place to start and gain some experience. 
  4. What do you do during the day (Study? Work? Hunt ghosts? Fight Crime? Taste cupcakes?) I am a full time uni student, and have a casual job at a cinema (best job ever!!) I also love to go to the gym, play tennis, eat lots of chocolate and spend time with my boyfriend, friends and family.
  5. Do you have any weird hobbies (Train a rubber duck army? Teach lizards Spanish? Learn how to the master the recorder?)? I honestly wish I did, but no I don't really have any hidden talents or hobbies. 
  6. What's you're all time favourite TV show? Wow I suck at choosing favourite things there's always so many but if I had to name a few it would be:
    -How I Met Your Mother
    -Gossip Girl
    -Vampire Diaries 
    -The Office (US)

Hey everyone! I am super excited to be apart of the team Smiley Happy

1. How did you first hear about ReachOut and when did you decide to get involved on the forums as a user?I actually can't remember when I first heard about ReachOut, but it would have been about a year ago at uni! It was just recently that I decided to get involved.
  2. What's your favourite post thread?There's so many! But if I had to pick it would be the tough times posts. I think it is just so amazing how brave the people who post are and I love how so many people rally around them and really try to deliver as much support as they can.
  3. Why did you decide to become a Builder?Like a few of the other Builders I am studying Psychology and I really wanted to gain some new experience. I really wanted to volunteer for something that I can put quite a bit of time into that also works around uni hours. I also heard from other people that it was an awesome experience to volunteer as a Builder Smiley Happy
  4. What do you do during the day (Study? Work? Hunt ghosts? Fight Crime? Taste cupcakes?)?I am studying and working at the moment. In my off-times I cuddle kittens, play games, walk my puppy and buy a stupid amount of veggie plants (*cough* apparently my dog likes veggies?). 
  5. Do you have any weird hobbies (Train a rubber duck army? Teach lizards Spanish? Learn how to the master the recorder?)?I don't really have any weird hobbies other than my need to foster kittens! I love picking up new sick little babies and making them healthy again! 
  6. What's you're all time favourite TV show?I can't decided on one so here's a few Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Arrested Development, The Originals, and Friends.