cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Introduce Yourself Here - NEW BUILDERS!

@BookWorm1 Nice to meet you! Yay, a fellow psych student/ book worm! I totally get what you mean about enjoying studying, I get really excited when I read something interesting about areas I'm interested in, and I've set up my email to get alerts whenever scholars I like post new journal articles... Smiley LOL

@Hozzles Hi! Nice to meet you, too! Love meeting a fellow psych student/bookworm!! Smiley Happy Yeah it's so great keeping up to date with research in areas of interest! I haven't set up alerts but I may have to... thanks for the idea! Smiley Happy

Hello all!

1. How did you first hear about ReachOut and when did you decide to get involved on the forums as a user?I was looking to do some mental health volunteering and after some thorough googling I thought that being a part of the forums looked like a good start! I already use some of the ReachOut apps like Breathe and WorryTime so I was familiar with the organisation. 
  2. What's your favourite post thread?I'm still finding my way around and getting used to the forums but I enjoyed making my first post on 'Today I practiced self-care by...'! 
  3. Why did you decide to become a Builder?I decided to become a Builder so that I could get better at communicating with others about mental health issues. I want to work in mental health and thought that becoming a Builder would be a great way to build those skills and be part of a passionate community! 
  4. What do you do during the day (Study? Work? Hunt ghosts? Fight Crime? Taste cupcakes?)?During the day I study Psychology and work a casual job at a pub. I like my job because it's a pretty chill environment where I have made lots of friends and it allows me to actually take a bit of a break from thinking about my uni work! 
  5. Do you have any weird hobbies (Train a rubber duck army? Teach lizards Spanish? Learn how to the master the recorder?)?Hmmm weird hobbies, not really! I'm a bit basic! I binge way too much TV, go to the cinemas, watch docos, read books, magazines, and listen to podcasts! 
  6. What's you're all time favourite TV show?
    That probably has to be Brooklyn 99. I've seen it maybe 5 times over yet every episode still makes me lol 

I'm excited to start getting into the forums and interacting more with you lovely people! 

1. How did you first hear about ReachOut and when did you decide to get involved on the forums as a user?I think the first time I heard about ReachOut itself was from a friend who had previously engaged with their services when they were going through a particularly rough patch. I decided that I wanted to get involved in the forum section after a conversation with a ReachOut representative during a volunteer photoshoot session. 
  2. What's your favourite post thread?To be honest, I cannot really answer that at this stage. I'm still exploring the majority of the forums. 
  3. Why did you decide to become a Builder?I wished to become more involved with ReachOut. 
  4. What do you do during the day (Study? Work? Hunt ghosts? Fight Crime? Taste cupcakes?)?During the day, I tend to binge watch a whole bunch of different TV series and or movies. If I'm not doing that, then I guess I'm 'attempting' to study for uni or I'm working shifts at good old KFC. If I have any free time at all though, I like to dedicate it to reading. 
  5. Do you have any weird hobbies (Train a rubber duck army? Teach lizards Spanish? Learn how to the master the recorder?)?Can't say I do. My hobbies would actually tend to be classified by some as either 'typical' or 'normal'. 
  6. What's you're all time favourite TV show?I watch way too many TV shows to have the one favourite that stands above all others. 

@recharging_introvert and @msbree yay! book lovers of the world unite! Smiley Very Happy 

books read GIF

Hi everyone ! I'm new to the forums so I'd love to introduce myself Smiley Happy

1. How did you first hear about ReachOut and when did you decide to get involved on the forums as a user?I heard about reach out through my uni quite a while ago, a friend said she volunteered with RO and I decided to get on board after discovering the forums and being pleasantly surprised by the amount of support people are able to receive on here. So naturally, I wanted to get in and help out!
  2. What's your favourite post thread?So far the tough times thread is my favourite, just because it's such a helpful initiative!
  3. Why did you decide to become a Builder?I have volunteered in a similar role however in a different setting, I thought being a builder would be a great opportunity to learn and help out from an online setting Smiley Happy
  4. What do you do during the day (Study? Work? Hunt ghosts? Fight Crime? Taste cupcakes?)?I am currently studying psychology at uni - as I have seen some of you are too! It's exciting to meet others who enjoy psychology just as much as i do! I also work so i can get that bread ahah
  5. Do you have any weird hobbies (Train a rubber duck army? Teach lizards Spanish? Learn how to the master the recorder?)?I collect plants and just love to be surrounded by them in my home - each new leaf is exciting and it's also great when i need some timeout from the stress of uni work - watering plants and looking after them seems to do the trick! I also have watched a fair few tv shows in my time, it's not a weird hobby but it's definitely a hobby ahah
  6.  What's you're all time favourite TV show?Parks and Recreation was my favourite - it's a feel good show that is so WHOLESOME - I can talk at length but i'll keep that for another day ahah
Highlighted

@reach804 that sounds like a really lovely hobby! Heart

david documentary GIF(is this you? Smiley Tongue)

But seriously, growing things sounds like a really awesome hobby, being able to literally see plants growing and thriving because of you must be so rewarding!! Heart Smiley Happy

Loof and Timmy flower flowers dinosaur plant GIF

@ecla34 haha yes omg that’s so me - i could only dream of having a plant that big 🤩

they are incredibly peaceful and rewarding- something you can live amongst too - i’d recommend them to anyone Smiley Happy

thanks for being so kind - the gifs probably made my day 😂

So many awesome gifs get posted on RO, it's amazing! Smiley Very Happy

gotta get that green thumb back up and running!

stickfiguregirl death plant die cactus GIF

^literally every plant i've ever had Smiley LOL

Hi @reach804! Welcome to the forums!

I hope you enjoy your time as a builder! Smiley Happy