cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Introduce Yourself Here - NEW BUILDERS!

I totally agree, when I care for my plants I feel like it is a form of self-care. Looking after another living creature really fills my cup and makes me feel incredible! Welcome to the forums @reach804!

@WheresMySquishy Thankyou so much!! 

@ecla34 (i kill a plant accidentally every now and then - keeps me humble AHAH)

@MisoBear yay another plant person! I totally relate aha except sometimes watering can feel like a chore for me (that might be because i have so many plants though)

@reach804, can't wait for the warmer weather so my plant babies start growing more and more! 

Hi, just became a builder yesterday and Im super pumped.
I heard about ReachOut through my mum who has always been a big fan of it
I wanted to become a builder just to help people. Ive been through quite a lot in my life and I want to be able to share my experience and how i have coped through it all.
I am doing year 12, it's my second shot at it. The first time i did it was in 2017 but i was unable to complete it due to mental health reasons but now Im doing it again but part time and I have almost finished my first year. Im really proud of myself.
Lastly, my all time favourite TV show is either Suits or Lucifer

I am so excited about what's to come with ReachOut!

Welcome @Charlie22! We are so excited to have in the builder team too Smiley Happy

"I've been through quite a lot in my life and I want to be able to share my experience and how i have coped through it all." This is such a powerful sentence and we look forward to supporting you to meet this goal- sharing your experiences can make such a big difference in someone else's journey Heart

Check out our community activities calendar for November 2019 here
Highlighted

@Charlie22 looking forward to seeing you around Smiley Very Happy Heart good luck with yr 12! Do you have exams coming up or are you doing it part time? Smiley Very Happy  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We're having a SLOW-MO Getting Real chat to do with Dealing with the Holiday Season, starting on Monday the 9th of December! Smiley Very Happy Check it out here! Heart

Hi guys! Thought I'd introduce myself on here Smiley Happy I'm so excited for this new journey as a builder and getting to know you. 

1. How did you first hear about ReachOut and when did you decide to get involved on the forums as a user?

I first heard about ReachOut after a mental health talk that was held at my previous high-school. I knew more about some other organisations like Beyond Blue, Lifeline or Batyr, but one day, I wanted to do some more research on other organisations. Beginning of this year, I started studying the Bachelor of Psychology (Honours) because I want to hopefully become a clinical psychologist in the future. I wanted to gain more experience recently and immerse myself in the field as well as get any experience related to mental health. I grew more and more passionate about helping people and this led me to you guys! I checked out the forums and searched for ways I could help. 

2. What’s your favourite post thread?

I liked the Three Positives of Today thread in the Everyday Life section. It reminds everyone that even in the extremely tough times, there are small things that we can be grateful for. 

3. Why did you decide to become a Builder?

I have a passion for helping others. It grew out of personal struggle and experience, but I now believe that I've gained lots of skills and knowledge that might be able to help me help others. Being a builder just means I have further training and I can reach more people who need help. It will also give me invaluable experience as I want to become a clinical psychologist in the future, particularly for children and adolescents.

4. What do you do during the day (Study? Work? Hunt ghosts? Fight Crime? Taste cupcakes?)?

During the uni semesters, I study hard but make sure I take time aside to spend with my family, boyfriend and friends. I make sure I look after myself too, because self-care was one of the biggest lessons I have learnt with experience. During the holidays, I like to volunteer for health/children/environment-related things, catch up with friends, watch Netflix, go on day trips to the beach with my family, watch movies and more. 

5. Do you have any weird hobbies (Train a rubber duck army? Teach lizards Spanish? Learn how to master the recorder?)?

Not sure about weird hobbies hahaha but I definitely love playing music. I've been playing the cello for over 8 years now and I still love it! Music is one of the ways I escape from the stresses I might have. I'm also currently in an orchestra which is so much fun!! 

6. What’s you’re all time favourite TV show?

BROOKLYN 99 BIG YES! Heart

1. How did you first hear about ReachOut and when did you decide to get involved on the forums as a user?
    Via Google...I decided quite recently to get involved because I wanted to get better at spreading a positive mental health message through technology/e-communication methods
  2. What's your favourite post thread?
    Actually, one I was invited to comment on regarding wellbeing and the environment! Such a wholesome vibe- see it here: https://forums.au.reachout.com/t5/Everyday-life-stuff/Weekly-Wellbeing-Caring-for-the-Environment/m-...
  3. Why did you decide to become a Builder?
    To give back to a like-minded community, get better at engaging with using e-health initiatives, and help others in a productive way.

4. What do you do during the day (Study? Work? Hunt ghosts? Fight Crime? Taste cupcakes?)?
    I am currently studying, and although it's an example in the question, I genuinely love tasting cupcakes, and am always on the hunt for new places!
  5. Do you have any weird hobbies (Train a rubber duck army? Teach lizards Spanish? Learn how to the master the recorder?)?
    Not really...nothing weird...I love hunting for cupcakes and that takes up all my time!
  6. What's you're all time favourite TV show?
    Avatar: The Last Airbender. It changed the game for Nickelodeon, I think!

Hello @Tay100 and @ayrc_1904! So nice to meet you 😁❤ I look forward to seeing you two around the forums!

P.S. Both The Last Airbender and Brooklyn 99 seem really popular around here! 😜