cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Introduce Yourself Here - NEW BUILDERS!

Hey All! New Builder here! Here is a little bit about me Smiley Happy 

1. How did you first hear about ReachOut and when did you decide to get involved on the forums as a user? 
    I heard about ReachOut through my uni (psychology honours student) and wanted to get involved, especially during covid when I know so many people are struggling mentally.
  2. What's your favourite post thread?
    I don't have a favourite at the moment, but am open to suggestions! 
  3. Why did you decide to become a Builder?
    I really wanted to be apart of the community and help in any ways I could so this seemed like a great fit for me! 
  4. What do you do during the day (Study? Work? Hunt ghosts? Fight Crime? Taste cupcakes?)?
    I study mostly, but Im also an elite cheerleader (pre covid training 20+ hours a week) so I spend a lot of time in the gym Smiley Happy 
  5. Do you have any weird hobbies (Train a rubber duck army? Teach lizards Spanish? Learn how to the master the recorder?)?
    I don't know about weird hobbies, but I definitely love anything creative
  6. What's you're all time favourite TV show?
    Hands down without question Friends is my favourite TV show of all time! 

Welcome To The Team GIF by MOODMAN

Welcome, everyone!! I am loving reading through all of these posts, it is so great to have so many new builders on board!! 

Check out our community activities calendar here

Hey everyone - I just started as a builder. Here's a quick introduction about me...
1. I can't remember where I first heard of reachout but I remember browsing it when I was confused about mental health, and found much comfort and solidarity from hearing about similar experiences to mine.
2. Much as @meganjane14 said, I'm keen for someone to suggest some good threads for me to take a look at
3. I decided to become a builder because I am a strong believer in the power of peer support/mentorship and want to use my own experiences + insight to help others.
4. I graduated from uni last semester - I'm doing honours (Psychology) next year but for now am an intern in a neuroscience lab, and about to start a job giving behavioural therapy for children with autism.
5. I love to play the piano and listen to classical music. I speak Japanese so enjoy watching over-the-top Japanese dramas and reality TV on netflix
6. My all time favourite TV show is probably Peep Show - I'm a big fan of David Mitchell and Robert WebbSmiley Happy

Hi everyone! Thought I would introduce myself a little bit:

1. How did you first hear about ReachOut and when did you decide to get involved on the forums as a user? I was searching online for somewhere to volunteer, and I found this site!
  2. What's your favourite post thread? I recently posted in a 'rose, thorn, bud' thread and it basically involves reflecting on what's happened in your day so far. It's v fun and insightful!!
  3. Why did you decide to become a Builder? I'm v passionate about mental health and I thought it'd be a great way for me to help out other people, so that's why I decided to become a builder! I'm also studying psychology at uni, so this will help me build on the skills I'll need in the future.
  4. What do you do during the day (Study? Work? Hunt ghosts? Fight Crime? Taste cupcakes?) Each day varies a little, but generally I'm doing uni work, tending to my pet cat, listening to music and doing some exercise!
  5. Do you have any weird hobbies (Train a rubber duck army? Teach lizards Spanish? Learn how to the master the recorder?)? Umm I don't rly have any weird hobbies but I have trained my cat some tricks like lie down and roll over, which I guess is more uncommon than weird. Even then, I don't think its unheard of for cat owners to teach their kitties some tricks hehe
  6. What's you're all time favourite TV show? Ohhh I love watching tv shows, and tbh avatar: the last airbender has such a special place in my heart!! watched it a bit in my childhood, then rewatched it as a young teen and have been a huge fan since Smiley Very HappyHeartHeart the storytelling, characters, animation, music, voice-acting...everything is *chefs kiss*

@JasminH welcome, so glad you found us! After reading your intro, I'm curious to know what other volunteering you've come across in these covid times?

@celestialdreamer  hiya, glad you could come by! What's the best/weirdest/funniest daydream you've had? It's a highly underrated pastime! 

@Tay100 I'm a massive reader so I love imaging where I would take the characters if I were the author nerdy I know but when I was younger I really wanted to be an author so I think that's why I do this now hehe

@Mayour that's so cool that you're working in a neuroscience lab I'm studying psych cog neuroscience right now! It makes perfect sense but I've noticed so many people are studying psychology – what's everyone's favourite psych topic?

@celestialdreamer  Ahh! I think of all had dreams of being authors and making characters our own, it's one of the best parts of being younger, I think!

Hi all, hope everyone is doing well! I have just joined the gang so popping in to introduce myself Smiley Happy

How did you first hear about ReachOut and when did you decide to get involved on the forums as a user?

I had first head about ReachOut in passing some time ago, but I wasn’t until recently when I was looking for volunteering roles related to my studies that I decided to get involved on the forums.

What's your favourite post thread?

I have only just joined, so at this point in time I would have to say this is my favourite post thread Smiley Embarassed.

Why did you decide to become a Builder?

I wanted to undertake a volunteering commitment related to my studies given it is both my passion and interest. This is to allow me to use and build skills and interact with like minded people. Lastly, I take great joy in helping people so this seems like a perfect fit.

What do you do during the day (Study? Work? Hunt ghosts? Fight Crime? Taste cupcakes?)?

I have a pretty set routine which consists of meditating, reading, studying, exercising, and thrashing my guitars. I am studying psychology which is where most of my interests are based. So, my readings are typically related to this or spirituality which also interests me. Self-help books also!! I work part time as a cabinet maker so I enjoy using my hands and practical activities too.  

Do you have any weird hobbies (Train a rubber duck army? Teach lizards Spanish? Learn how to the master the recorder?)?

Nothing too weird outside of my spiritual interests. Sorry to be boring Smiley LOL. Besides that, its guitar, reading, music and more guitar.

What's you're all time favourite TV show?

Better Call Saul and Breaking Bad, the writing is impeccable!

I am also a big fan of the documentaries produced by Louis Theroux. I love to learn about peculiar and misperceived things!

Cheers guys Smiley Happy

@Tay100 Sorry for the delayed response, I haven't found much besides this forum as most things seem to be suspended until further notice. It sucks because I wanted to do some volunteering this year before masters but what can we do, on the bright side we have this forum Smiley Happy