cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Introduce Yourself Here - NEW BUILDERS!

@JasminH  ahh no worries!
Yes, I'm sure many people can relate, but e-volunteering is great, and very valuable as the likes of telehealth becomes even more helpful!

Highlighted

1. I wanted to volunteer in mental health and came across ReachOut and found it was an opportunity to be involved about a month ago.

2. Everyday Life Stuff it’s interesting to read.

3. I wanted to help people out in difficult situations. 

4. I cook new recipes from an MKR cookbook and their delicious, clean the house and learning new skills.

5. My hobbies are only watching movies and eating snacks.

6. The masked singer as so cool to guess who is behind the mask by trying to recognize their voice.

Highlighted

Hi, @Guitarman97  @Liliann welcome to you both and other new builders. @Guitarman97 I am studying psychology too, what have you found the most interesting to study so far and what do you hope to will your psychology studies? @Liliann What has been your favourite food or recipe to cook lately?

Highlighted

Hey @A_Friend 

Awesome, its a very interesting field! I'm only in my first year of study so I have not covered many topics through uni. I found the concepts of learning quite interesting however; classical conditioning, operant conditioning and cognitive learning. I do quite a bit of reading outside of uni and am quite interested in the works of Freud and Jung exploring the subconscious mind. I would like to practice as a clinical psychologist in the future! How about you, how are you finding your studies and where would you like to go with it?

Highlighted

@Guitarman97 I am also in my first year of studying. The subconscious mind studies are really interesting and I also found cultural psychology to be an interesting part of psychology I'm hoping to explore that more. Im hoping to clinical psychology if I stay in this course or potentially occupational therapy if my transfer is accepted.

Highlighted

@A_Friend Good stuff! Cultural psychology is certainly interesting as well and I have heard good things about occupational therapy, best of luck with the transfer! You might also like social psychology (or sociology to a greater extent) given your interest in cultural psychology and occupational therapy. I am currently reading 50 psychology classics which basically covers 50 of the most influential works in psychology over the entire discipline in a distilled manner (one book). You may enjoy that if you wish to glance over the broader subject in a short period of time. I have been learning more from that than uni Smiley LOL

Highlighted

@Guitarman97 That book sounds interesting, will definitely give that a read when I get some time.

Highlighted

Hi @A_Friend,

Sorry for the late reply. My favourite food to cook has been italian sausages with porcini mushrooms in fettucine. Tastes so delicious I'm always craving for more Smiley Happy I'm really into creamy sauces and its really simple to make for lunch or dinner. What meal do you cook?

Highlighted

Hey, I love to cook this https://lovingitvegan.com/cheesy-garlic-vegan-alfredo-30-minutes/ its a great comfort food. I also love to cook cheesecake and no worries about the late reply by the way.

Highlighted

@A_FriendI'll try your recipe out sometime. What kind of flavour cheesecake do you bake? I only make vanilla or chocolate cupcakes with a dollop of cream on the side lol