cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Introduce Yourself Here - NEW BUILDERS!

@Liliann sorry for the late reply, I like to cook strawberry and lemon cheesecake. I will be cooking chocolate cake tonight but chocolate cupcakes with cream also sounds good

Hey everyone! 

1. How did you first hear about ReachOut and when did you decide to get involved on the forums as a user?

I first heard about ReachOut in high school when some reps came to visit and talk about the services available. I wanted to be involved for a while and just decided to give it a go! 

2. What’s your favourite post thread?

The three positives of today and self care threads are my favorite. I'm always looking for new ways to wind down Smiley Happy

3. Why did you decide to become a Builder?

I'm very passionate about supporting others and sharing my experiences with others. I have been on a long journey of self-care and strengthening my mental health and I think I can make a positive impact on others! 

4. What do you do during the day (Study? Work? Hunt ghosts? Fight Crime? Taste cupcakes?)?

I’m a fourth year at uni and I work a casual job on the side. 

5. Do you have any weird hobbies (Train a rubber duck army? Teach lizards Spanish? Learn how to master the recorder?)?

I am currently going through a stage in life where I am OBSESSED with podcasts. Specifically right now, self care podcasts and princess Diana podcasts Smiley LOL

6. What’s you’re all time favourite TV show?

I'm a huge sucker for Gossip Girl and New Girl Jess! so binge-able Smiley Tongue

Hi everyone, it's lovely to be a part of this awesome community! 

1. How did you first hear about ReachOut and when did you decide to get involved on the forums as a user?I first heard about Reach Out earlier this year when I decided to completely change my occupation in the midst of COVID-19. I was working in the Film and TV industry and decided to go back to uni to take the plunge and follow my passion: mental health! I decided to get involved as a volunteer earlier this year to connect with awesome like-minded people!  
  2. What's your favourite post thread? Friday Fives for sure! 
  3. Why did you decide to become a Builder? I decided to become a builder because I'm passionate about the wellbeing of young people, probably because I am one myself! I loved the idea of being a part of such a supportive and accepting community, coming together to promote healthy psychosocial wellbeing!
  4. What do you do during the day (Study? Work? Hunt ghosts? Fight Crime? Taste cupcakes?)? I am currently studying my master's of counselling and pyschotherapy and work as a mental health support worker. I also am a musician in my free time and am currently launching a solo project. 
  5. Do you have any weird hobbies (Train a rubber duck army? Teach lizards Spanish? Learn how to the master the recorder?)? Dog and people watching. Falling over. 
  6. What's you're all time favourite TV show? Euphoria!

Welcome @GioDes awesome to have you here! 

Thanks Bre-RO! Smiley Happy

It's so great to hear your following your passions and welcome, I hope you enjoy this community

1. How did you first hear about ReachOut and when did you decide to get involved on the forums as a user? I think the first time I heard of ReachOut was my first year of uni when I became more aware of different online spaces for mental health and everyday help. I wanted to become a user as a way of both putting skills I've learned into practice and developing some experience as I recently got my undergrad psychology degree woo-hoo!
  2. What's your favourite post thread? Looking through the threads I really like the "looking after mental health is an everyday commitment" as in my experience it's easy to forget how important doing things for your mental health is daily rather than just when things start feeling tough. 
  3. Why did you decide to become a Builder? I am really happy that I was able to complete my undergrad psych degree and really want to be able to help people in the best way I can through the skills I've learned 
  4. What do you do during the day (Study? Work? Hunt ghosts? Fight Crime? Taste cupcakes?)? At the moment I am hoping to study a master's of social work in early 2021 and am currently looking for work that I can do as a bit of a side hustle.
  5. Do you have any weird hobbies (Train a rubber duck army? Teach lizards Spanish? Learn how to the master the recorder?)? I like to play guitar most days. I also love collecting records that I'm into. 
  6. What's you're all time favourite TV show? Hard to go past Seinfeld, always puts a smile on my face. 

1. How did you first hear about ReachOut and when did you decide to get involved on the forums as a user?

I was looking for opportunities to volunteer and stumbled across the website, I decided to apply and was very excited to be selected to be a builder!

1. What's your favourite post thread?

So far the self-care thread was awesome! So many new ideas to try

1. Why did you decide to become a Builder?

I really wanted to get some experience supporting and nurturing the mental health of young people. I also love the concept and felt proud at the prospect of belonging to such an uplifting community

1. What do you do during the day (Study? Work? Hunt ghosts? Fight Crime? Taste cupcakes?)?

I like to workout, walk my dog, study psychology, listen to music, and I also work as a waitress in a restaurant! I really love to go to the beach or the movies in my spare time. I love coffee and eating chocolate too Smiley Happy

1. Do you have any weird hobbies (Train a rubber duck army? Teach lizards Spanish? Learn how to the master the recorder?)?

I love to jump on my trampoline! Its so relaxing and fun especially with headphones in listening to music

1. What's you're all time favourite TV show?

I'm a huge fan of Grey's Anatomy!

Welcome to all our new builders!

I have been blown away by the number of people wanting ton jump online and help others the last through months.

Had to jump in and say hi to a fellow Grey's Anatomy fan @Maybel9595! My fav show of all time. I am currently rewatching again for the bazillionth time. Anddddd season 17 is coming in 3 weeks time. Who's your favourite character?

@Jess1-RO I will quickly mention that I'm not up to date yet! I've only watched up to season 13 because that's what was on Stan at the time (I'm yet to catch up on the season they recently added). I've been watching it since I was 16 and somehow always a bit behind the currently airing season, but that means I'm never without new episodes to watch Smiley Happy

My all time favourite character is Alex Karev Heart. I love his character development and the friendship he and Meredith share.