cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Introduce Yourself Here - NEW BUILDERS!

Hi everyone!

1. How did you first hear about ReachOut and when did you decide to get involved on the forums as a user? 
    I wanted to get into volunteering and came across ReachOut when I was having a browse. I decided to get involved as soon as I found out about it because this year has been a difficult and incredibly unpredictable time for everyone so I want to offer people support Smiley Happy

2. What's your favourite post thread?
    I haven't spent a great deal of time on here yet, but I am loving the self-care thread! So many wonderful ideas are going around and there's definitely self-care tips on there I would love to try out!

3. Why did you decide to become a Builder?
    I wanted to become a Builder because it seems like a really good way to get involved in a community and support others. I have volunteered for Youthline previously so I thought becoming a Builder could be another way to help others going through difficult times. 

4. What do you do during the day (Study? Work? Hunt ghosts? Fight Crime? Taste cupcakes?)?
    I am in my penultimate year of uni and also have a casual job as a legal assistant. In my spare time, I love working out and creating recipes - making raw cheesecakes are my favourite! 

5. Do you have any weird hobbies (Train a rubber duck army? Teach lizards Spanish? Learn how to the master the recorder?)?
    My biggest hobby is baking and creating recipes - I love coming up with my own or adapting recipes to make them plant-based and healthier. I'm also getting into jewellery making!

6. What's your all time favourite TV show?
    Bit of an unpopular opinion, but I love Home and Away and Keeping up with the Kardashians. I'm also binging Schitt's Creek at the moment and it is so good - definitely starts a little slow in the first few episodes but is 100% worth watching!!

Hello everyone! I've been wanting to become a builder for a long time, but school has got in the way. Now that HSC is over, here I am!

1. How did you first hear about ReachOut and when did you decide to get involved on the forums as a user?I saw ReachOut advertised on social media, which led me here to this forum. After the slight mental health issues I've been through, as well as seeing other friends go through more serious mental health issues, I decided that mental health was something that I wanted to work towards improving, which is why I decided to help on these forums.
  2. What's your favourite post thread?The "Tell us one good thing about your 2020" thread! After what has been an unprecedented and tumultuous year, it's so nice to see what people have achieved or been up to during these crazy times!
  3. Why did you decide to become a Builder?I've seen so many of my friends and classmates struggle with their mental health, and that has become even more apparent this year. Improving mental health amongst young people has slowly developed into a passion of mine, which is why I wanted to undergo the training to become a Builder!
  4. What do you do during the day (Study? Work? Hunt ghosts? Fight Crime? Taste cupcakes?)?Used to be study, but now that's over! (Jokes, next year I'll be back to studying). Other than that, I'm mostly a family man, and I like to hang out with my family and friends. If not, you may see me gaming or playing instruments.
  5. Do you have any weird hobbies (Train a rubber duck army? Teach lizards Spanish? Learn how to the master the recorder?)?Not sure if any of my hobbies are "weird" really, unless video games or playing instruments is weird! Although, I do have a somewhat weird habit of changing my wallpaper nearly everyday. Keeps things fresh I guess.
  6. What's you're all time favourite TV show?Don't have one for now!

Hi @panda_6940 welcome to the builder team! We are so excited to have you on board. 

What a big year between the HSC and dealing with big world changes, how does it feel to have finished all your exams?

Thanks @Jess1-RO ! Exams being over feels like a large weight has been lifted off my shoulders! Finally some peace and quiet after a crazy year Smiley Very Happy

Welcome @jlw13 and @panda_6940! We're so glad you're here! Smiley Happy

giphy

welcome everyone!
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**