cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Introduce Yourself Here - NEW BUILDERS!

Hey everyone, I'm a new Builder and just wanted to hop on here and say hi!

1. How did you first hear about ReachOut and when did you decide to get involved on the forums as a user?
    Hmm...I reckon I first heard of RO when I was in high school, so maybe a little while ago now. I didn't actually realise the forums were a thing, and I wish I had when I was a teen because I reckon I would have found them super useful. 
    Image result for how do you do fellow kids gif
  2. What's your favourite post thread?
    Definitely too hard to pick!
  3. Why did you decide to become a Builder?
    I decided I wanted to become a builder because I love talking to people and hearing their stories, and I feel that I've been through a bit as a ~youth~ and maybe I could help others by sharing what I've learned over the years (and I know for sure I'll definitely be able to learn from them!).
  4. What do you do during the day (Study? Work? Hunt ghosts? Fight Crime? Taste cupcakes?)?

I'm studying Psychology at the moment, which is a long road but I love, love, love it. I also used to work as a journo which was cool, but I prefer what I'm doing now. I also work in retail which is sometimes super draining but also quite fun, and I love where I work.Image result for retail gifs
  5. Do you have any weird hobbies (Train a rubber duck army? Teach lizards Spanish? Learn how to the master the recorder?)?
    I don't know if I have any weird hobbies...maybe my friends would tell you differently though. I am a crazy cat lady so love spending time with my cat, and I'm pretty much addicted to anything pop-culture related. I'm also pretty good at Trivial Pursuit haha.Image result for salem gifs
  6. What's you're all time favourite TV show?
    So hard because I'm obsessed with TV...but probably The Office (US). My favourite episode is illustrated by this GIF. 
    Image result for the office gifs

So glad to hear that you're loving what you're doing right now @MisoBear Smiley Very Happy Heart

Hi everyone! I just became a builder here so I thought I'd just introduce myself to you lovely people! Smiley Happy

giphy.gif

1.How did you first hear about ReachOut and when did you decide to get involved on the forums as a user?

I heard about ReachOut recently from a friend at uni when we were talking about the importance of online mental health communities for young people! I checked out the website and absolutely loved it! I immediately applied to be a Builder and here we are today! Smiley Happy

I haven't check out a whole lot of forums yet (although I definitely can't wait to discover more), but I did post in the 'Three Positives of Today' forum which I loved reading through. I love the simplicity of it, as I really do feel that, for a lot of people, thinking about a few good things that may have happened in a day can really make you feel a little bit better and more optimistic about the day past and the days to come Smiley Happy

I love chatting with people about everything they are going through: the good and the not so good. I hope to use my life experience to help some people who may be struggling at the moment, and hopefully both of us will learn something positive along the way Smiley Happy

4.What do you do during the day (Study? Work? Hunt ghosts? Fight Crime? Taste cupcakes?)?

I'm a third year full-time psychology student who is trying (desperately haha) to get the grades to get into post-grad courses in psychology/social-work/education at the moment. I do some tutoring and blogging in my (limited lol) spare time. I do love to read and play my piano and guitar, so I do spend time doing those things as well Smiley Happy

5.Do you have any weird hobbies (Train a rubber duck army? Teach lizards Spanish? Learn how to the master the recorder?)?

Hmm... I do really love to study, like I love reading research journals and current studies within the fields of psychology/neuroscience. Not really weird, but I guess some people may find it weird that I love to study haha!

6.What's you're all time favourite TV show?

Oh my goodness an impossible question! I can't just name one so I'll just list some of my favourite that come to mind: Games of Thrones, The Office, Handmaids Tales, Arrested Development, Mindhunter.... a healthy diversity of many different styles and genres haha! I will say that The Office is my go to because that's the one show that I could put on at anytime to just chill out and have a laugh! Smiley Happy

Hi everyone! I tried to post here before but I don't think it worked, so I'll try again! Smiley Happy So sorry if this is the second time I've posted here! 

I'm a new builder here so I thought I'd just introduce myself to all of you! 

1. How did you first hear about ReachOut and when did you decide to get involved on the forums as a user?

I first heard about ReachOut a little while ago from a friend at uni when we were discussing the importance of safe, online forums that allow young people to talk about their lives (the good and the not so good). After visiting the website, I loved it and decided to apply to be a builder straight away Smiley Happy

I still have a lot more to discover on this website, but I did post in the "Three Positives of Today" thread. I love that the concept is so simple but effective. I really believe that acknowledging positives things that happened even in a bad day can make someone feel way better about the day past and the days to come.

I love to chat with people about everything going on in their lives! I hope that I can use my experience to help some people with problems they are facing, and hopefully both of us will learn something along the way Smiley Happy

4. What do you do during the day (Study? Work? Hunt ghosts? Fight Crime? Taste cupcakes?)?

I'm a third year psychology student at the moment, who is currently trying (desperately haha) to get into post-grad programs in psychology/social-work/teaching. I tutor and blog in my (limited haha) spare time. I also love to read and play my piano and guitar!

5. Do you have any weird hobbies (Train a rubber duck army? Teach lizards Spanish? Learn how to the master the recorder?)?

I love to study! I love to read journal articles and current research in the fields of psychology and neuroscience Smiley Happy Not really weird but I know some people hate studying so loving it is about as weird as I get haha!

6. What's you're all time favourite TV show?

An impossible question! I love Game of Thrones, Mindhunter, Arrested Development, Handmaids Tale, The Office... I think The Office would be my go-to tv-show because it's the one show I can put on to chill-out and have a laugh Smiley Happy

Hey @BookWorm1 ! It's really nice to meet you! Smiley Very Happy
You're right about your first post, our spam bot got a bit hungry! Smiley LOL I have released your message from it's dastardly clutches so that we can all enjoy the bear gif, which is good because it's very cute Heart (such a friendly bub!)

(I love your tagline by the way! That's one of my fave Harry Potter move quotes too!)

@ecla34 Amazing, thank you! It's great to meet you, too! Smiley Happy I thought something like that may have happened, thanks for releasing it! The bear is very cute <3 I'm glad you appreciate a good Harry Potter quote! It really is a great one imo! Smiley Happy

harry potter happiness GIF

@BookWorm1 i love the amount of dramatic flair Dumbledore has during that scene Heart

jonathan pollard harry GIF

@ecla34 Amazing haha!! <3

Hi @BookWorm1! Nice to meet you! Like you, I also studied psychology and am looking to apply to postgraduate programs. That's so cool that you can play the piano and guitar! I'm pretty hopeless when it comes to musical instruments. I hope you enjoy your time as a builder! Smiley Happy

Hi @WheresMySquishy (cute name!), It's great to meet you, too! Great to meet a fellow psych student! Instruments are hard, especially trying to pick them up later in life as an adult! Definitely worth it though if you have the time/desire Smiley Happy Thank you! <3