cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Introduce Yourself Here - NEW BUILDERS!

@A_Friend writing poetry sounds like a super cool hobby! such a good way to express yourself Smiley Very Happy

@squiggly ahhhh rearing caterpillars is so awesome! Heart I've never heard of people doing that before Smiley Surprised 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We had a live chat on Accessing Mental Health Support Online! Smiley Very Happy Check it out here! Heart
Highlighted

Hey @Tay100,

My favourite character is Casey, she is so funny! I love her relationship with Sam. I think shows like this are really important for normalising disorders such as autism spectrum disorder, as well as, raises awareness around how confusing teenage years can be when it comes to discovering your interests and values. I like that it deviates from common depictions of autism and how it focuses on Sams different relationships with his friends and family as a method of narrative progression.
Highlighted

@JullyBean i agree! Is there a favourite scene with her in it or a particular part of her character arc that you like across any of the seasons?

Highlighted

Hello everyone!

Nice to meet you all Smiley Happy

1. I'm not sure exactly how I first heard about RO but I'm sure it was back in high school days from curriculum or word of mouth. I've recently finished my masters in Neuroscience, so naturally we spoke about online mental health platforms along the way in that too!

2. I love the Mental Health Memes thread. Memes are just sensational value & images often have a way of portraying ideas/feelings that are much more universally understood than words. 

3. I decided to become a builder because I'm the "therapist friend" in my group. Everyone comes to me for help, and I enjoy giving my advice & supporting them. I had a rough adolescent life, and now that I'm out of the woods & thriving, I'd love to be able to give back in a way!

4. During the day I study (hopefully to start a medicine degree) and I work part time. I try to get in some exercise because it makes me feel so much more energised & happy. I'm also an avid cleaner (my flatmate loves me for it). I used to read books like my life depended on it, but it's hard to find time these days - hoping to get back into it!

5. I don't think I have any weird hobbies... is cleaning considered a weird hobby? I find it so therapeutic - if my apartment is a mess, I don't feel on top of things. Besides that, I just like to see friends/family, read, and watch documentaries/TEDTalks. 

6. All time favourite TV show... that's tricky! My current favourites are Dynasty and Drop Dead Diva. I am a sucker for horror shows/movies, though!

Highlighted

Welcome @Indiamay I get the feeling that we are very lucky to have you here!! I am also the "therapist friend" in my circles so I totally get that. Can't wait to see more of you on the forums Smiley Happy 

Highlighted

Welcome @Indiamay! I like the mental health memes thread too. Smiley Happy I think it's so cool that you want to study medicine.
Got any horror recommendations? Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Thank you!! Long road to medicine, but it'll be worth it in the end I'm sure of it.

I just watched Relic the other day (it's on Stan) - Aussie film. Pretty good!! Looking forward to heading home this evening for a glass of wine & another horror flick! You a bit of a horror fan? Or trying to be? Haha I'm aware they're not for everyone, it's hard to find someone as willing as I to watch one right before bedtime!! Smiley LOL