Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous

Re: Introduce Yourself Here! - November Edition

What is your favorite ice-cream flavor?

Butter Pecan mashed with Oreo bits

Peanut butter: crunchy or smooth?

I'm guessing smooth? idk

What do you consider to be the best TV show of all time?

It's really hard to say what the best is. The library of media our society has created is endless so if I say something is the best I might something better so I can't lie. There is no best television show of all time.  

What is your favorite genre of music?

I listen to a mix of genres. Whatever clicks to me I like it. Don't why it just will.

Pineapples on pizza: ya or nay?

It's not bad honestly

Which movie/TV show character best represents you?

Elliot from Mr.Robot

If you could travel back in time, which time period would you travel to?

Anytime in the 2000's era, In my opinion I had the most enjoyable memories from media. The internet was untouched from corporate identities that censor everyone they don't agree with. Cartoon Network at the time was producing content that has inspired me to talk an interest in cartoons. But now I feel the creativity has been drained from content creators. Cartoon Network used to be about itself but today it follows stupid social trends that denounce its character.     

Welcome @Anonymous

It is great to get to know you better! Butter Pecan and Oreo icecream sounds absolutely heavenly! Where do you get it from?

I definitely relate to the diverse genre choices! My playlists are such a mess on my phones with such a huge range of sons- wouldn't have it any other way Smiley Happy

The 2000s was a great decade! Definitely huge amounts of change with the internet

Check out our community activities calendar for November 2019 here

@Anonymous welcome to the forums! i also like pineapple on pizza despite what other people say Smiley Very Happy

And I loved watching cartoon network when I was a kid (and disney channel)! Smiley Very Happy So many great shows back then: grimm adventures of billy and mandy, courage the cowardly dog, ed, edd, and eddy, codename kids next door, powerpuff girls, samurai jack! I agree that now cartoon network's completely different and doesn't have the creativity it once did before, but there were some occasional good shows like adventure time and over the garden wall!
Anonymous

Whats up @drpenguin,

No I agree 2010-2013 had some pretty decent Cartoon Network shows. However, they got rid of practically all of their action shows replacing with just plain comedies. Adventure time, Regular show, and Gumball were set as the 3 big of their decade. The current problem with Cartoon Network is scheduling, it has been pushing only a few shows that get the most views to snuff out all other shows. We don't need reboots of other shows, the viewers want to watch new shows with creative ideas. It just makes me sad to see Cartoon Network be affected by the age of streaming. Despite all of this I do see hope in the new content they are producing for example Infinity Train, Villainous, and Victor and Valentino.

Anonymous

Hello @Jess1-RO
to answer your question,

I have horrible cravings for sugar (it's very bad). I am trying to stop but my brain says "No eat something sweet". My favorite cookie is the Oreo in spite of this I actually hate them getting stuck in my molders. So I get the (latte) thin oreos to eat. I crush them up and buy vanilla or butter pecan ice cream to eat with. Hence Butter pecan ice cream with crushed latte oreo thin pieces.

Hi, everyone! I'm Janine, and I am massively excited to have joined the ReachOut team today. It's coming up to the end of my first day, and I've been doing heaps of reading and learning a lot about this awesome community, so thought I should introduce myself here. I'm still learning the ropes but am really looking forward to getting to know you all. 

Favourite ice-cream flavour? Cookies and Cream - but if I'm feeling super fancy, pretty much ANYTHING from Gelato Messina. They have a pavlova one that's a special, and I've never tried it, so that's on my list. 

Peanut butter: Crunchy, even better if it's spread on sliced apple. Sounds weird but it's amazing. 

What do you consider to be the best TV show of all time? Oh man, can I give a top 3?? It's too hard! 

I LOVED Scrubs - awesome dark humour,lots of music that made the music geek in me very happy, and could make me laugh and cry within 5 minutes. Such a great show!! 

Offspring, The Simpsons, Arrested Development, Felicity, The Good Place, UNReal. 

What is my favourite genre of music: 

Again, it's too hard - I feel like I'm choosing my favourite child (and I have 2 kids, and trust me, you're not allowed to have a favourite Smiley Wink ) Love Gomez, lots of Aussie folky type bands like Boy and Bear, but also love a bit of pop and I'm fine with singing along to pretty much anything in the car. Also any funk, blues, I love seeing live music, I saw U2 the other night and even though they're probably well past their prime they put on the most awesome show. Michael Franti and Spearhead put on an insanely good show, I haven't seen them play in years but they never fail to make my soul happy - I saw them one year in Byron, the late James Brown played after them and they were better. 

What movie/TV character best represents you? 

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/lbotHoO23yQQU" width="480" height="271" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/thread-age-wallpaper-lbotHoO23yQQU">via GIPHY</a></p>

I have no idea if this gif link will work so let's see.. today, I'm JD at the end of a long day. Happy and excited and slightly overwhelmed Smiley Wink 

If you could travel back in time, what time would you travel to? 

The 1960's, such an awesome time of social change, and music, and creativity, I would go and see SO many bands, and travel through Europe and America. 

OK, I think that's it from me - I'm really looking forward to getting to know you all .Hopefully I'll get more used to the forums and find out an easy way to insert GIFS and stuff Smiley Wink 

https://forums.au.reachout.com/t5/About-the-forum/Introductions-from-Janine/m-p/377306

Hi @Janine-RO!, welcome to the forums!

I normally just copy and paste gifs, which seems to work okay:

Hey. I just joined the forum. I will be glad to meet and discuss topics of interest!

Favourite ice-cream flavour? 

So Good- Dairy-free chocolate icecream is yummmmm! But I'm also really loving the dairy-free magnums! 

What do you consider to be the best TV show of all time? Atypical is really good! In my opinion, it portrays autism really well and the family dynamics are so typical of a normal family so It is really relatable when you watch it. 

What is my favourite genre of music: 

So.. I don't really listen to music however when I'm doing yoga I always put on the "yoga playlist" on Spotify. 

If you could travel back in time, what time would you travel to? 

I'd travel back to the last new years eve, I had the most amazing night with all of my friends and we danced and danced and I didn't want the night to be over!

Thank you @Janine-RO and welcome! 

Highlighted

Nice to meet you, @statuscaring . Atypical is on my list of shows I want to watch, I've heard it's awesome so I'll have to check it out soon. 

I had some amazing dairy-free chocolate icecream on the weekend, it was the best I've ever tasted - pretty sure it was from Messina. SO good. 

https://forums.au.reachout.com/t5/About-the-forum/Introductions-from-Janine/m-p/377306