cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Introduce Yourself Here - October 2016!

1. What is your favourite word?

This is literally the hardest question I have ever been asked! I do love saying "Chimichanga" though (and I love eating them!), haha.

2. What are the advantages and disadvantages of being the height you are?

I'm reasonably short which often means I get mistaken for being a lot younger then I am (I'm 24 and typically get mistaken for anything between 16 - 20). I teach a Martial Arts class at a school and one evening the After School Carers refused to leave until an "adult" arrived even though I was the teacher! Even worse, I work with children / teenagers and sometimes when I take them on outings I get mistaken as their sibling or girlfriend when I'm actually acting as their guardian.

On the plus side, everything I do is basically bloody adorable 24/7, haha.

3. Do you talk in your sleep? If you do, whats the last thing you know you said?

I don't talk in my sleep, but I am a mover just like @uf0! I utilise every single inch of my bed. Apparently I used to be quite a kicker when I was younger too, although thankfully for my boyfriend's sake I seem to have grown out of it.

4.  Have you ever met anyone famous? or who would you like to meet?

I haven't really met anyone famous, famous. The closest person to being famous is 'Dr Harry' (from Harry's Practice, that vet show that use to be on all the time). I went to see an animal exhibit somewhere and he was filming an episode.

I can't say I have any real desire to meet anyone famous though, that's never really appealed to me.

5.  What is your favourite lolly in the party mix?

Strawberries and cream, 100%. I'm not proud to admit that I have literally eaten a whole bag of them by myself before on night shift.

here are my five things Smiley Happy

What is your favourite word?

I like the word "nostalgia"

What are the advantages and disadvantages of being the height you are?

I am 5 feet tall, which isn't the greatest at music concerts, but I've been the top of a few human pyramids which is cool haha

Do you talk in your sleep? If you do, whats the last thing you know you said?

I don't think I talk in my sleep but I've experience sleep paralysis a few times which is pretty scary! 

Have you ever met anyone famous? or who would you like to meet?

I've never met anyone famous, but i'd love to meet Zooey Deschanel. I love her movies and her band! If you haven't listened to her band (She & Him) you should check them out they're pretty good

What is your favourite lolly in the party mix?

this is a tough one... but I have to go with jellybabies 

Saudade - it's a Portuguese word that means both a longing for the past and a turning towards the future. It also happens to be title of one of my favourite songs. If you're interested, you can listen here

1. What are the advantages and disadvantages of being the height you are?

I'm really short, and I think the disadvantages are not being able to see well at concerts/in crowds of any kind, and an advantage would be that I hardly ever have to duck when going through low doorways.

1. Do you talk in your sleep? If you do, whats the last thing you know you said?

I don't think I do talk in my sleep. I do have very random dreams sometimes though...

2.  Have you ever met anyone famous? or who would you like to meet?

Yes. I've met Amy Acker (from Angel and Person of Interest) at SupaNova and one day I would love to meet Demi Lovato and Renee Yohe from To Write Love on Her Arms.

1.  What is your favourite lolly in the party mix?

Probably snakes. Definitely not bananas or teeth or milkbottles.

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

Woah @letitgo, that song's pretty cool! I like that a word like that exists Smiley Very Happy

Hey @grid and welcome to ReachOut! It's awesome that you don't hit your head on things, I wish I was taller too! Smiley Tongue Do you go to a lot of concerts?

Hi @N1ghtW1ng I wouldnt say I go to a lot of concerts but I like live music, the last concert I saw was Tkay Maidza. Smiley Happy What about you? 

Hello & welcome to RO @grid and @letitgo.

I'm also new to the RO forum as a Moderator, I thought this is a good chance to join in on the intro's!

Amalgamate, I think that's how it's spelt?

2. What are the advantages and disadvantages of being the height you are?
    I think I'm average height now, which makes it easy as a girl to wear heels and not worry about towering everyone. Growing up though I went through my growth spurt alot earlier than most of the other kids at school and remember feeling like a giant!
  3. Do you talk in your sleep? If you do, whats the last thing you know you said?
    Actually no! Never!
  4.  Have you ever met anyone famous? or who would you like to meet?
    I wish, and I think if I ever did spot anyone famous I'd be too shy to go and interrupt them. I'd loveee to meett Oprah, sorry for the corny answer!
  5.  What is your favourite lolly in the party mix?
    The bananas

Thanks @roseisnotaplant, I'm glad you like the song!

Thank you for the welcome, @Sally-RO and I extend a very warm welcome to you as well! I hope you enjoy being a Moderator!

Also - great choice of word, I like amalgamate too!

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

@grid I'm not a concert person. Smiley Happy

What does Amalgamate mean @Sally-RO? It sounds like an interesting word.

Hey Everyone! So greaat to meet you all! I've just become a builder and hope to get to know all of you!

1. What is your favourite word? Facetious. It has all the vowels in alphabetical order
  2. What are the advantages and disadvantages of being the height you are? I'm fairly short so I can be the brunt of a few jokes from tall friends haha But advantages are hugs for sure. You feel so comforted and warm when getting hugged, people lean over you and you can lean into their chest or shouldr and I just love it!
  3. Do you talk in your sleep? If you do, whats the last thing you know you said? No I do not! But my sister always sings in her sleep haha
  4.  Have you ever met anyone famous? or who would you like to meet? Sadly no but I would love to meet Shailene Woodley for sure! She's an incredibly inspiring and independent human being which is what I inspire to be!
  5.  What is your favourite lolly in the party mix? hmmm thats a tough one! Milk bottles and strawberries and cream if i HAVE  to pick! Smiley Happy