cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduce Yourself Here - October 2016!

Whether you've made 10,000 posts or 10 posts, here is this months place to introduce yourself to members old and new!

Our weird and wonderful questions for October are....

1. What is your favourite word?
  2. What are the advantages and disadvantages of being the height you are?
  3. Do you talk in your sleep? If you do, whats the last thing you know you said?
  4.  Have you ever met anyone famous? or who would you like to meet?
  5.  What is your favourite lolly in the party mix?

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Re: Introduce Yourself Here - October 2016!

Omg its October, that means Halloween! Yay
1.  What is your favourite word?    Hope. as it can mean lots of different things to different people but generally its a good meaning. 
Advantage-i can be tall enough to reach things my colleagues cant-makes me feel good helping them in the workplace as they are shorter then me. 
Disadvantage- cant wear heels and I'm taller then this guy I'm seeing, but that's okay, i don't mind too much. 
3. Do you talk in your sleep? If you do, whats the last thing you know you said?  Apparently i do sometimes, they didn't tell me what i said. 
4.  Have you ever met anyone famous? or who would you like to meet? I met the wax figure of Demi Lovato in madam something in Hollywood. I almost started crying. 
5.  What is your favourite lolly in the party mix?  The teeth!

1. What is your favourite word? Not sure now. When I was little, the word 'graunch' used to send me into fits of giggles.
  2. What are the advantages and disadvantages of being the height you are? Advantages - I can fit under some hanging tree leaves/branches  when taller people would have to duck; I fit on my bed without hanging off the edge; in a car/train/bus/aeroplane my knees aren't squashed up against the seat in front of me; I fit in mainstream clothing sizes; I'm taller than my boss! Disadvantages - If I share an umbrella with a tall person I have to assume a Statue of Liberty pose, am paranoid about poking them in the eye with the umbrella, and end up getting wet anyway... The ball easily goes over my head in soccer; I can't reach the top shelf without climbing something; my view gets blocked when someone sits/stands in front of me.
  3. Do you talk in your sleep? If you do, whats the last thing you know you said? Not that I've ever been told. I clench/grind my teeth though.
  4.  Have you ever met anyone famous? or who would you like to meet? I haven't. I'd like to meet James Corden cause he seems like he'd be really fun to hang out with.
  5.  What is your favourite lolly in the party mix? snakes Smiley Tongue Orange, green or yellow preferably.
____________________#iftoastershadfeelings____________________

Wow, October already...! When did that happen?!

What is your favourite word?

This is really hard because I love language! At the moment it's 'innocuous' because it's fun to say Smiley Tongue

What are the advantages and disadvantages of being the height you are?

Advantages: able to reach things from high shelves, easily spotted in crowds, being able to see over other people's heads at concerts

Disadvantages: feeling self conscious when I was younger (I have always been the tallest in my social circles, and I'm only 178iiish cm), but I love my height now.

@PeanutJelly148 I totally get your concerns about wearing heels when the guy you're seeing is shorter! Luckily my boyfriend is over 6ft tall, so I can wear heels and still be a little bit shorter than him (even though I tower over my friends haha)

Do you talk in your sleep? If you do, whats the last thing you know you said?

I don't, but my sister used to!

Have you ever met anyone famous? Or who would you like to meet?

Unfortunately not, but I have friends with connections to Hamish and Andy if that counts?

@Bay52VU James Corden seems like such a nice and hilarious guy!

What is your favourite lolly in the party mix?

Milk bottles or the teeth.

@Bay52VU I totally agree, he would be so fun to meet!

@khaleesi_18 Hahaha. I remember being one of the shorter-middle people in the school, then bam new school where im already one of the tallerish  and i just keep growing. But im still not the tallest and now The guys have over taken us with the growing. :'D 

1. What is your favourite word? I'm a writer, so I find new favourite words all the time, but a short list would include defenestrate, flotsam, reciprocity, nefarious.
  2. What are the advantages and disadvantages of being the height you are? I can always reach the top shelf, almost always see over crowds, reach low branches, and have a good point of view when looking down. Disadvatange is that I don't fit in a lot of smaller cars, plane seats are tiny, my feet hang off the ends of hotel beds, and not fitting into other small spaces for other reasons. It's also hard to find girls I can have an eye to eye conversation with without hanging around a basketball or netball court!
  3. Do you talk in your sleep? If you do, whats the last thing you know you said? Nope!
  4.  Have you ever met anyone famous? or who would you like to meet? I got a signed photo from Jewel Staite at Adelaide ComicCon a couple years ago, but otherwise I would like to meet Emma Stone and Ryan Reynolds, because I'm incorrigible. Oh look, another favourite word! Otherwise I'm reticent to meet stars, for the same reason I don't do or say anything when I spot a famous person out in public - it feels like I'd be bugging them when they don't want to be.
  5.  What is your favourite lolly in the party mix? Party mix I'd probably say snakes, but from a better party mix it'd be jelly beans

@khaleesi_18 @PeanutJelly148 I've been legit obsessed with Corden since I first saw him in Gavin & Stacey Smiley Tongue
____________________#iftoastershadfeelings____________________

1. What is your favourite word?

My favourite word would have to be AWESOME.

2. What are the advantages and disadvantages of being the height that you are?

The advantage to being my height is that i never have to duck down and hardly ever hit my head on things. The doisadvantage is that when I am shopping I have to stand on the bottom shelf to reach the top shelf.

3. Do you talk in your sleep? If so, what was the last thing you said?

I have been known to talk in my sleep and the last thing that I said was.... seven seven thirteen dont do that.

I have no clue what I was dreaming about.

4. Have you ever met anyone famous?

Yes I have. I absolutely love the show Charmed and was lucky enough to meet Brain Krause (Leo), Shannon Doherty (Prue) and Holly Marie Combes (Piper). oh and i have also met the Blue Wiggle. LOL

5. What is your favourite lolly in the party mix?

Pineapples, definately pineaplles

Hey everyone!

What is your favourite word?

LOVE 

What are the advantages and disadvantages of being the height you are?

A: I've never had to think about the disadvantages of my height!

D: None...I like my height.

Do you talk in your sleep? If you do, whats the last thing you know you said?

No talking, but the occasional snoar! 

Have you ever met anyone famous? or who would you like to meet?

I would love to meet the girls from Broad City (Abbi and Illana)

#yaskween

What is your favourite lolly in the party mix?

Confession: I don't like lollies! 

Hi Everyone!

1. What is your favourite word?

-   My favourite word would have to be...  Home.

-   Advantages (Music concerts I can see everything!) and disadvantages (Getting into cars).  

3. Do you talk in your sleep? If you do, whats the last thing you know you said?

-   I am not a sleep talker thats for sure, good luck waking me up.

4. Have you ever met anyone famous? or who would you like to meet?

-   I would love to meet Dallas Green, man that guy can sing.

5. What is your favourite lolly in the party mix?

-   Strawberries and Cream for sure.

Thanks, Kickit!