cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduce Yourself Here - September 2017!

Well, it's September, which means somebody is gonna have to wake Green Day up soon

(I know... I'm about 10 years too late for that joke to be funny Smiley LOL)

Here are some totally random questions to ponder now that spring is here!

1. Which do you reckon was named after the other: orange the fruit or orange the colour?

2. What's your favourite quote from a TV show?

3. Have you ever been horseback riding?

4. Which everyday task do you think should become an official Olympic sport? Why?

5. What's one goal you have for this month?

Re: Introduce Yourself Here - September 2017!

1. Which do you reckon was named after the other: orange the fruit or orange the colour?
I think the fruit was named after the colour.
2. What's your favourite quote from a TV show?
All of Doctor Who ever. Like all the words. ALL THE WORDS.
Yeah, a few times, it was kinda stressful Smiley Tongue
4. Which everyday task do you think should become an official Olympic sport? Why?
Tying shoes, because I'm spectacularly bad at it and admire people who can do it really fast and make it look really cool.
Try to stay cool about this STUPID BLOODY PLEBISITE (brb, making a thread about this).

1. Which do you reckon was named after the other: orange the fruit or orange the colour?

Good question! I think the fruit was named after the colour. But then again the colour 'berry' is probably named after the fruit itself... So who knows haha.

Not sure about quote, but my favourite TV shows are Homeland and Gossip Girl 

No, but I was just saying to my partner yesterday that I thought it would be a fun thing to do with friends!

Washing the dishes... It would make it *fun* and probably quicker

To get into a better exercise routine, trying to do something every day.

Highlighted

1. Which do you reckon was named after the other: orange the fruit or orange the colour? Hm... I think the word orange was unrelated to either and was named after something else Smiley Tongue
2. What's your favourite quote from a TV show? Nooo.... so many TV shows.... Smiley Very Happy
3. Have you ever been horseback riding? Yes! And I want to get into it again but there's not much opportunities to.
4. Which everyday task do you think should become an official Olympic sport? Why? I would love reading to be an olympic sport because I am fantastic at that.
5. What's one goal you have for this month? Um... Go through my clothes.

The colour's named after the fruit I'm pretty sure. Like, it's a reference point - 'What colour do you want these walls?' 'Not red but not yellow. Um. Like that fruit, orange' 'orange' 

My instinctive answer is along the lines of Roseisnotaplant's, because so much of it is so blatantly lovely and motivating and optimistic. I just watched Bojack Horseman though, and right now 'I don't think I believe in 'deep down'. I think that all you are is just the things that you do.' has been getting to me.

No Smiley Sad I used to ride ponies a lot. Every other weekend a lot. That's the closest I got.

umm like a convenience store run 

because it's more easily turned into a race that could be compelling to watch.

or entering in the house at night and not trying to wake people up. Can take skills.

- Prioritise university and assignments, so that they are submitted.

1. Which do you reckon was named after the other: orange the fruit or orange the colour?

Fruit. I think I was bored one time in the library and came across it somewhere. Good times haha.

Image result for gif orange

2. What's your favourite quote from a TV show?

To be released. (I don't know one right off my head atm) So here's a gif of Nicolas Cage:

Image result for gif nicolas cage laughing

Pony riding yes. Does that count? Smiley Tongue

Image result for gif pony riding funny

Find out what and who I'm supposed to be. Being more of myself. I don't think it'll work in a month but let's see

Related image

I'm 24 days too late and it's nearly October, but here I go!

I reckon the colour came first, for no real reason

Currently:

"Fear is your super power." - Doctor Who

Yes, once when I was like 9 years old and horse obsessed, and my parents booked me a horse riding lesson for my birthday. I was so scared and wouldn't go faster than a walk, haha.

Reading, because it's such a popular activity, and I think I'd be a contender for membership of the Australian team. Smiley Tongue

Get several of my assignments done - which I still haven't achieved. Luck I've still got a few days left! 

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

I thought at first the colour might be named after the fruit, but then I thought it would also be plausible the other way around, so now I can't make a decision Smiley LOL

I don't think I can pick just one either! I find that every so often a line from Bojack Horseman will feel like a punch to the gut, but there's also some really lovely lines too

I have not

Speed cleaning? Or speed makeup-applying Smiley LOL

Develop a regular workout routine (which I can actually consistently achieve around work)