cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduce Yourself Here - September 2019

It's Spring the birds are singing and soon there will be an abundance of baby animals everywhere, of course if you are like me that also means your hay fever has made an appearance and isn't showing signs of disappearing anytime soon. 

giphy

Of Course a new month means it's time for a new Introduce Yourself Here and this one is all things Spring, onto the Springy questions! 

What's your favourite type of flower?

giphy

You are going on a picnic what do you take?

giphy

What's a baby animal that is surprisingly cute?

giphy

What's something you are looking forward to doing now that the weather will be warming up? 

giphy

What's something underrated about Spring?

giphy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whatever it takes I know I can make it through!

Re: Introduce Yourself Here - September 2019

Lovely questions for Spring! Smiley Very Happy (Can you believe it's September already? I can't Smiley Tongue)

flowers nyfw feb 2017 GIF by NYFW: The Shows

Truthfully I don't have a favourite, I can hardly identify flowers Smiley Tongue

You are going on a picnic what do you take?As much food as I could possibly, reasonably take with me. And a hat.

What's a baby animal that is surprisingly cute?baby animals fighting GIF

Allow me to redirect you all to this beautiful thread right here filled with many beautiful, wonderful baby animal pictures. I swear you won't regret it Smiley Tongue

What's something you are looking forward to doing now that the weather will be warming up? 

melting ice cream GIF by jsot

Absolutely nothing because hot weather is hell. 

Springs Satisfying GIF

It has nothing to do with springs. Smiley Tongue

I can't believe it's already September!

tree flower GIF by Barbara Pozzi

My favourite flower hmm...that's hard. I love any flower that is native to Australia. If I had to narrow it down, i'd say Wattle is my fave. 

twin peaks dancing GIF

^ lol 

Hmm... I bring the cheese Smiley Wink 

spring break party GIF

Catch me at the beach (yes, with a boom box) now that it's getting warmer

baby animals bats GIF

Baby Bats!! Heart

Long Hair Dog GIF by Relaxing Stuff

Hmm whats underrated about spring? .....The soft flowery breeze blowing through your hair 

ALL THE FLOWERSSS!

Like @N1ghtW1ng I can't really identify many flowers, but they're all pretty! I'm yet to see a flower I don't like or appreciate Smiley Happy

I think a rug and a basket for all the food and belongings is a good start Smiley Tongue

Otherwise it would depend on the time (morning, afternoon, lunch) there's too many variables!

ALLL BABY ANIMALS ARE ADORABLE! It's their curiosity and innocence which you can see in their faces which makes my heart melt! Heart

I think I'm enjoying the warmth most of all! We've had some warmer days and it means I can start wearing skirts again and not fight with multiple layers to keep warm Smiley Tongue

Is anything underrated about spring?

Ps Amazing questions @ErinsAntics Smiley Happy

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Happy Spring, everyone! Heart

Probably roses, just because I love the idea that they can have thorns and still be beautiful - that balance between good/bad can be a great metaphor.

Definitely a book. Or maybe two books? Smiley Very Happy And a thermos of tea, and some hommus and crackers...Yum, now I feel hungry, haha.

Nope, I can't pick this one. There are soooo many adorable baby animals!

Wearing dresses Smiley Happy

I don't know much about Spring as a concept, but I'm going to say flowers! Smiley Happy

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

Super excited for Spring- my favourite time of the year!! Loving the Spring-y theme this month @ErinsAntics 

I am a huge fan of Lillies! There was a point that I always had a bunch of lillies in my house on my kitchen bench and they just light up the whole room 

timelapse flowers GIF

I take cheese (lots of cheese), bread, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, fruit and wine! Love a good picnic!

Baby wombats, I love their little waddles!

baby animal wombat GIF

Daylight savings- I can't wait to have a few hours of daylight when I get home from work each day Smiley Happy

The life and energy it brings to the lives of people around me- as soon as spring hits, I see my family and friends get more energy and engage in their wellbeing activities/self care more frequently. Not sure what it is about Spring, but there is a magic and rejuvenation to it after the cold of winter Heart 

Check out our community activities calendar for October 2019 here

Welcome to our newest forum members @-pumpkinbutt- @manutd23 @drpenguin @maxwillor @Usernameusername!

We would love to get to know you better Smiley Happy This can be a fun way to introduce yourself and get to know members of our forums community. If you need a hand finding your way around the forums, feel free to tag myself or any of the members on this thread! We are always happy to help Smiley Happy Hope to hear from you soon!

Highlighted

Hi all! It's great to be a part of this community!

I really like orchids, although they're quite difficult to grow. White orchids are really nice to have around.

giphy.gif

You are going on a picnic, what do you take?

I would take a lot of strawberries!

I love baby sea otters, they are adorable! Although it's not surprising that they're cute.

gibson-1-ht-er-190326_hpMain_1x1_1600.jpg

I'm looking forward to just wearing short-sleeved clothes when going outside!

The flowers!

Hi @drpenguin and thank you for making your first post! Love your responses to these questions Smiley Happy I also share your love of baby otters and have way too many gifs and memes on my phone that are baby otters!

If you enjoyed this activity, there are a ton of fun discussions across the forums you might be interested in- I'll link you a few Smiley Happy Every Wednesday we have a Wellbeing Wednesday Activity, you can find this week's one on mediation here and last week's about music here. It's also a great way to get to know other members!

We also have a hanging out section of the forums, and here is a list of all the fun discussions you can find there! 

We look forward to seeing you around the forums Smiley Happy

Hmmm... it'd probably be between snapdragons, roses, and tulips! Probably tulips, actually. There's so many different varieties and I love the way they're planted in fields!

Like @letitgo, probably a book! For food, I love making cupcakes for my friends. I did it every month in Year 12. Smiley Tongue Also, you can't go wrong with a packet of Shapes.

@Bre-RO  Yesss!!! Baby bats!!!
giphy

Getting outside, and getting some vitamin D into me. Also, reading outside!

Like @Jess1-RO, definitely the rejuvenation it seems to bring after a cold Winter. I know myself that Winter, even though I prefer it cold than hot, is probably the worst month for my depression as it really limits how much I get out (and how much sun I see!).