cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduce yourself here! April 2013

New to the forums?

Or have you been around for awhile but not posted?

Even if you're not new and you just like answering questions - that's OK too! (Personally, I love doing quizzes and stuff so I like this type of thing!)

Well we'd love to hear from you so here is the place to let us know a little bit about yourself! So why don't you tell us:

1. Tell us about your username? What does it mean to you? 

2. What was the last movie you watched? What did you love/hate about it? 

3. Where do you plan to go next on ReachOut.com after replying to this post?

4. What's something that makes you laugh on YouTube?

5. Tell us two things: a) What was something you did well today? and b) What are you looking forward to?

Ready Spaghetti? GO!

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Re: Introduce yourself here! April 2013

Yep, I just like answering questions. (And spaghetti!) 

Smiley Very Happy

Tell us about your username? What does it mean to you? 

"graphiqual" is pretty much just a funkified way of saying that I'm an artist and I love graphic design and anything digital art. 

What was the last movie you watched? What did you love/hate about it? 

Perks of Being a Wallflower. Just because I love Emma Watson. I sort of didn't really like the movie so much overall though, not that it was bad or anything, I just couldn't really see the point of it after it was finished. I did love the main character, Charlie, though. 

Where do you plan to go next on ReachOut.com after replying to this post?

Anywhere else I can talk and be a bit silly, so perhaps Hanging Out would be the place for me Smiley Very Happy

What's something that makes you laugh on YouTube?

nigahiga. My all-time favourite youtube person (in terms of comedy)

Tell us two things: a) What was something you did well today? and b) What are you looking forward to?

Well....... I sort of just woke up. (Don't judge me, I know it's 4:30 in the afternoon!) 

Okay, I woke up about five hours ago, so I didn't JUST wake up, but it sort of feels that way because I haven't done a thing during those five hours. So hmm. Something I did well... I made lunch? And it tasted good! Smiley Very Happy

I'm looking forward to handing in my next assignment so it'll finally be out of the way. 

Introduce yourself here! April 2013

1. Tell us about your username? What does it mean to you?

It's just a random username I came up with years ago. I love the colour red and always wear it and some people would call me lady red.

2. What was the last movie you watched? What did you love/hate about it?

At the cinemas it was 'Oz the great and powerful', at the drive in. It was fun and entertaining but that's as far as it went for me.
The last movie I watched was 'Eyes Wide Shut'. My partner is a huge Stanly Kubrick fan and wanted to show me this movie as I haven't seen it before. It's a very interesting film, like all of Kubricks works and makes you think and look beyond the obvious on the screen.

3. Where do you plan to go next on ReachOut.com after replying to this post?

Not really sure as I haven't looked around much, but I want to find things on Borderline Personality Disorder as I have recently (at age 30) been diagnosed.

4. What's something that makes you laugh on YouTube?

Youtube if filled with hilarity these days, but nothing makes me laugh more than videos on cats (yes I am one of those people) doing hilarious things.

5. Tell us two things: a) What was something you did well today? and b) What are you looking forward to?

A) Today I still did not have a cigarette (really wanting to quit) and I didn't crave on either.

B) I am looking forward to working with a new client tomorrow in a new job. I've started working in a field i finally feel comfortable in and think I will be good at.

@graphiqual - Hiiiiii Smiley Happy I love your name so much! It's really unique and so well thought out. I recently went and saw Perks as well and I was a bit disappointed, mainly because i had such high expectations after reading the book. Have you read the book at all?
I've never seen nigahiga before...i think a youtube session is in order Smiley Happy

@MissLadyRed - Hiii Welcome to Reach Out Smiley Happy

I've never seen 'eyes wide shut,' but the way you described it makes it seem really interesting and thought provoking. Might have to add it to my ever-growing pile of movies to watch.

From what you've said about  what you'd like to get out of ReachOut it sounds like some of our factsheets may be helpful to you. 

Also have a look at the rest of our forums especially our Tough Times section if you have any more questions.

Hope to see you around Smiley Happy

Highlighted

@dilz - Helloooooo! Smiley Very Happy
Oh goodness, I'm trying to decide which nigahiga video to link you to, but there are too many good ones! This is probably one of my favourite: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vN2WzQzxuoA
Also this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oNyp4RCU-Q
And this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiQHLoZnvGw
Okay, I think that's enough for now. Smiley Happy
And no, I haven't read the book, planning to though. It's better than the movie, right?

Thank you very much @dilz !

If you are into films that push boundaries and are rather confronting then you'll love 'Eyes Wide Shut'. It is long and a bit of a slow start but keep with it.

Thanks for the recommendations and advice, appreciate it.

Hope to see you around too!! Smiley Happy

Hi graphiqual. Wanted to say hey and hope you're day is going swell. I'm sure i'll see you around the forums. Smiley Happy

Hello hello MissLadyRed! Smiley Very Happy
My day is going wonderfully, how's your day been?
I'm sure I'll see you round too, it was lovely to meet you!
("meet"? hmm. yes. meet.)

1. Tell us about your username? What does it mean to you? 

Well, for some other website I wanted it to be Nightwing, who is Dick Grayson who was the first Robin (Batman's sidekick) and in the new Young Justice series, in my group of friends I was Robin which means I'd be Nightwing by default. But it had to have numbers so I made it N1ghtW1ng and I love it. Smiley Happy 

2. What was the last movie you watched? What did you love/hate about it? 

The last movie I watched was Ice Age 4. I love all the Ice Age movies just because I love them. I love the characters, the obvious plot, I may be a teenager but I love most kids movies. There's just something about them that rocks.  

3. Where do you plan to go next on ReachOut.com after replying to this post?

I actually have heaps of tabs open so I'll check those out next.  

4. What's something that makes you laugh on YouTube?

I don't go on YouTube that much but the Iron Man 3 trailer made me laugh, not because it was funny but because I can't wait for it to come out... I'm so excited!!!

5. Tell us two things: a) What was something you did well today? and b) What are you looking forward to?

a) I've been working on a text adventure game for awhile. I'm getting something like Writers Block but it's moving forward and I'm learning new things every day. 

b) I'm looking forward to ju jitsu tomorrow night. Maybe I can make it four awards in a row Smiley Very Happy

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!