cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduce yourself here! December 2015

Whoa, the last Introduce yourself here for the whole entire year! 

As always: This is a place to say hello and tell us a bit about yourself. 

We have this tradition where we ask you 5 questions every month, it doesn't matter if you've been here for 5 minutes or 5 years, we still want to hear your 5 answers Smiley Happy

Here we go!

1. What are you doing for the end of year break

2. What is your favourite living thing that is not an animal? 

3. If you had a brainwashing machine, who would you use it on? 

4. What is the first thing you see when you wake up in the morning? 

5. What's one random thing you know about the forum Member who posted in this thread before you? 

Re: Introduce yourself here! December 2015

Heya! So excited to be the first cab off the rank.

1. What are you doing for the end of year break?

Going to be spending some quality time with my fam bam in my home town. Bring on the dry heat and really hot days! I shall try and not get sunburnt. Smiley Sad 

Cacti! They are like the new pet for those who can't have actual pets.

I actually think that I wouldn't use it on anyone, actually, scrap that! I would defs use it on the government to get more funding!

Umm ... like I even take notice! 

5. What's one random thing you know about the forum Member who posted in this thread before you? 

@Ben-RO was a Kmart sceptic when he started at HQ, but the forums have changed his mind!

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

What are you doing for the end of year break?

i am working a LOT before christmas, but after that i am going to Beyond the Valley with my partner!!! i am so so excited to be disconnected and tenting it up over the new year.

fruit! yes it is alive, even  whilst you eat it...

oooh i think i might use it on racist or sexist people to be honest... yes its unethical but i dont have the time for those sorts of people

my sheets. because i like to sleep with them all up in my face, it makes me feel snuggly.

i love this question! i know that @stonepixie is a huge mindfulness colouring and dot-to-dot fan, so much that she actually lead me to the best purchase ive made in a ;long time, a dot-to-dot colouring in book from BIG W

we are what we repeatedly do - aristotle

Already posted in the other thread, but another thing I'm gonna do is some reading. I never make time for it during the year except when I'm on a break.

If we extend the definition of 'living' a bit, then I pick the earth. It's a pretty cool place to live and sustains a whole bunch of life on it.

If it was a multi-use thing, then I'd probably use it first for something minor like brainwashing my coworker into not asking me what I did over the weekend if I don't elaborate on my own. I'd have to see how that went before trying it out on anything else. I'd also probably have to write up a huge list of questions for myself to answer to figure out if it's a scenario where I can safely use the machine without disadvantaging other people in a major way or violating their rights or something.

If it was a one-time use thing, then I'd save it up for an emergency and just get started on the list.

The curtain.

They sometimes work at a yoghurt store. I haven't had yoghurt in forever, so feel free to send some this way Smiley Tongue

____________________#iftoastershadfeelings____________________

I'll be playing drums in a mates band so I'll be all over the place for different gigs which is super exciting. 

I like what @Bay52VU said EARTH because without it we wouldn't here, such a beautiful place that we should be working on to keep beautiful 

I would brainwash my dog into speaking English so she can call me and talk to me on the phone while I'm out hahaha

Usually the ceiling or my draws, depends on the position I've slept in that night. 

They live on their own Smiley Happy

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//
Highlighted

Heading to India actually to work for a major social impact organisation! 

Nature I would have to say. There's so much of it around us and the warmth and beauty of it is often overlooked!

Donald Trump!

Lucky enough to live across the beach, so the ocean Smiley Happy 

@j95 is a drummer! So awesome!

Um... Christmas?

Trees.

Education ministers to change the times of schools to begin at 9am or 10am, after one would naturally wake up.

Darkness and despair, Smiley Tongue not really, just my room. The despair comes from realising I have to get up and go to school. (Should I mention again how actually cold it is and how difficult that is? Smiley Tongue)

They're a mod. Smiley Tongue

Oh wow @Shant2 that is awesome!!!! When do you leave for India?
we are what we repeatedly do - aristotle

I will be working for a majority of the time but do get a little break over Christmas, so during this little break I will be enjoying the sun and spending time with friends and family!

Oh... this is a hard one, my passionfruit vine I suppose. Which does sound a little odd but it is thriving and hiding my hideous shed which is an added bonus!

Well I am getting married next year, and would love to have our reception in a fancy venue but can't justify spending the money on this. So, quite selfishly I would use the brainwashing machine on the owner of a fancy venue on the river somewhere or maybe in the Swan Valley and brainwash them into giving me the venue for free! 

The alarm flashing it's 5am get your lazy bum out of bed!

They are studying, and going a good job at it I believe!

Finishing up at my part-time job, and then going overseas with my family for about 3 weeks! I'm hoping to get back into Pilates/a regular exercise routine too.

I love little succulent plants - they are so cute!

People who make any sort of discriminatory comments, and climate change skeptics!

My phone and the alarm on it.

@mimbochi is trying to reduce their Grinch-ness this Christmas! haha