cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Introduce yourself here February 2016

Hey @EternalSpark and welcome to RO! I love Scandinavian countries, I've never been but I've heard that Iceland is beautiful.
Highlighted

1. What are your three favourite places in the whole wide world?
- Home

- Shelley Cove in Dunsborough

- Busselton 

2. Do you know CPR?
Well technically but don't ask me to prove it!

3. What is one thing you always forget?
My FitBit when I leave it on charge, and it annoys me i feel like i've lost an arm!

4. What's your favourite bad dance move to pull out when cheesy 80's or 90's music plays?
Heyyy Macarena!

5. Do you think we should move Australia day's date? Why or why not?
Controversial much?!

6. What is the best gift you have ever given?
I was a gift to the world and the whole of humanity when I was born into this beautful place haha!

@stonepixie!!!!!!!!!??!!!!!!!!!?!!!??!!!?!!!?!?!?!?!!? Yeah buddy!!!

1. Home, JAPAN, and miles Creek in Queensland
2. Technically.... But I forgot kinda
3. Always forget to charge my portable charger before leaving the house, very helpful...
4.the shopping trolley
5. No, but a new day that celebrates the ORIGINAL Australian culture is needed.
6. I made a huge framed shell art piece for my parents for Christmas one year, and they loved it so much they cried. Still in the bathroom to this day, and it's actually really we done! Proud of myself
we are what we repeatedly do - aristotle

THIS IS MY FAVOURITE THING ON REACH OUT... okay I have many favourite things about RO, but i love answering weird but not personal things about myself. 

1. My three favourite places would have to be; Anywhere is Canada, this park in the city I live and Banff national park in Canada.

2. No But I really should, hoping to do a course this year. 

3. I almost always forget to close the balcony door whenever i open it (it drives my mum mad). I also frequently forget to remind myself to pop on here more often- espescially for the getting real sessions... it doesnt help that my internet sucks.

4. I dont actually know... i just copy everyone else..

5. Yeah I do because of the date it symbolises. 

6. If your talking about something Ive given someone- well that woud be a comic book that i gave my mate last week. They say give others what you want, and I really wanted that.But it felt really good to give it to him, because hes a really close friend and an important part of my life. 

Banff is gorgeous @hopethepiano, but have you ever been to Jasper? I think Jasper is my favourite place in the entire world!

No I havent,maybe I should go next time I go to canada!

Edinburgh

Melbourne

Nagoya

2. Do you know CPR?

No

3. What is one thing you always forget? 

Don't think I'm strange but I forget to go to the toilet. I will be watching something and then put off the urge until there is an ad break but then that will come and go and by the time I remember, the show's back on and I'm stuck again! Or I will just be engrossed in doing something and forget.

4. What's your favourite bad dance move to pull out when cheesy 80's or 90's music plays? For example mine's the "Running Man"

I don't stick with just one, I prefer to tailor my moves to each cheesy song. Smiley Wink

Asking the tough questions! Apologies for political content ahead.

Spoiler
Yes, 100% but it is not possible yet. National days are generally a recognition of when a country was founded and bring everyone together to celebrate the country as a whole. Australia did not become a federation (where all the states finally acted as one) until January 1, 1901. However, we were not really one then because there was a section of our population that weren't even considered citizens and therefore not recognised as part of any of the country's founding documents. An official apology by the then Prime Minister for past government policies concerning these citizens did not occur until February 13, 2008. These citizens are not yet recognised in Australia's constitution and on the day that happens, that should be the day that we commemorate as when our country came together as a whole.

A mini replica of my mother's engagement ring as a necklace for her 50th.

My bed

Sri Lanka

Kuala Lumpur

2. Do you know CPR? 

Yep

3. What is one thing you always forget? 

To charge my phone! Then I spent the rest of the outing lowkey panicking

4. What's your favourite bad dance move to pull out when cheesy 80's or 90's music plays? For example mine's the "Running Man"

The Shopping Trolley!!

Yes, since I think the original date essentially commemorates the start of Australian colonisation, and the ensuing disenfranchisement and oppression. I also remember reading a status suggesting that Australia day could be celebrated on the 16th of August, because in 1957 Gough Whitlam returned the land of Wave Hill station in the NT to the Gurindji people, on their own terms and according to their customs on that day (I think it was also the first time a prime minister had ever done something like that), which makes sense to me at least

I don't know about best individual gifts, but I'm a good cook and baker so in terms of quality it would have to be food lol

Hello!!! To answer the questions
Puerto Rico
Florida
New York City in particular Sanrio in Times Square

No I do not know CPR I should learn though!

I always forget my house keys so bad

The robot I guess lol

Not sure I don't live in Australia so I really don't have a say

I gave my friend a crocheted Legend Of Zelda scarf it took me forever but he loved it

Welcome @Novasan! Where are you from? We're all based in Australia here but we might be able to find something similar local to you Smiley Happy