cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduce yourself here Jan 2017!!

Wow, 2017 already, did 2016 even happen? 

Christmas and New Years flew by so quickly, so it's time for this months Introduce Yourself!

Whether you've been here 3 months, 3 years or 3 hours, here is the space to answer some questions and get to know each other. 

1. Would you rather be a cat or a dog? Explain 

2. Do you wear socks to bed? 

3. What is your star sign? Has your prediction ever been right and what did it say? 

4. What is your favourite peice of clothing? Why is so good?

5. What is one goal you have for 2017, any goal at all, doesn't have to be big.

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Re: Introduce yourself here Jan 2017!!

Can't believe it's already 2017, last year went so fast!

Cat for sure, they just seem a lot less fussed about things and I'd like to know what it's like to be that relaxed Smiley Tongue

Nope, any time I've tried when it's really cold it's just been super uncomfortable. How do you sock wearing to bed people do it?

3. What is your star sign? Has your prediction ever been right and what did it say? 

My star sign is leo, don't know how accurate it is to my personal because leos are meant to be really bold and dramatic and I'm not that at all most of the time. Can't think of any particular time predictions have applied to me, but most of the time they're written to be so vague to they can apply to a lot of situations in my opinion hahaha

Right now it's this pair of Doc Martens I got as a Christmas present because holy crap look at them they're beautiful

IMG_0887.JPG

(Not sure why the picture is sidways though?)

I've got a lot of little goals for this year, but mainly I really want to focus on using my time mindfully and figuring out a bit more of a concrete plan about how I want to move forward. It can be so easy to just get caught up in everyday things and keep on with the same habits and with how difficult things were for me last year I feel like I've kind of been disengaged with things, so I really want to refocus myself on what makes me feel happy and fulfilled. 

Highlighted

Cat Smiley Happy I am more of a cat person than a dog person

No, because it is way too warm where I live Smiley Happy

I am a pisces! I am not too sure because I don't really read star signs

My new green t-shirt! Because I have irish heritage and I like the colour Smiley Happy

To be the best person I can be! And help more people

A cat!! Cats get to sit in sunny patches all day and they have strong personal boundaries which they enforce by scratching, something which is sadly unnaceptable for humans Cat Happy

NEVER

I'm Virgo, but idk if it's right, I don't believe in star signs. 

I have an oversized black jumper that is so soft and Good and comfortable, it's the best.

I told myself that in 2017 I will start believing that it is okay to be alive.

Happy New Year everybody!

@Chessca_Hyour Doc Martens look so beautiful. Love the intricate design!

Dogs seem to be always happy and excited, but cats sleep for a lot of the day and can be quite independent, so I'm not sure.

Hardly ever. If I do, I end up kicking them off throughout the night and finding them somehow scattered around my room in the morning

Scorpio. Some things have rung true (although this has been after the fact Smiley Tongue) I agree with @Chessca_H that the predictions are sometimes super general that they can be applied to loads of situations.

@DruidChildnothing better than a comfy, oversized jumper! My favourite piece of clothing is my camel coloured coat - it doesn't have sleeves so I don't get overheated and it looks really profesh/dressy Smiley Happy

EDIT: whoops forgot to answer this question! My goals for 2017 is to try to be more present and mindful in my actions and interactions with others, and to spend more time being a Mod on RO.

Haha thank you so much for doing this @j95! Smiley Very Happy I'd completely forgotten Smiley Tongue

As much as I love dogs... I'd think I'd rather be a cat because I'm in the mood to just lie around all day and be a floof (although dogs are capable of being floofs Smiley Tongue)

Only in winter. It's an awkward transition from wearing socks to not wearing socks, but in summer I can't wear them and in winter I can't not Smiley Tongue

I'm a Leo (rawr Smiley Tongue) And I never read any predictions, and any I have haven't stuck around in my memory.

I don't have a singular favourite, although I'll admit my Marvel singlet/pajama top has been getting a lot of love. I'm kind of upset because I'm moving into sports bras it's getting so hot Smiley Tongue

Get my driver's license. Smiley Happy So I can get a new job. Maybe with my license I'll be able to get an okay timetable (later nights won't be so bad if I could drive there, since public transport isn't the most trustworthy)

These are awesome questions Smiley Happy

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

I'm a dog person Smiley Happy

If it's cold.

I'm a Leo, but I don't really pay too much attention to astrology so I don't know if a prediction has ever been right.

I got these cool brown jeans off a sales rack in a shop in Melbourne for three bucks because there were holes in it. The holes are annoying, but the pants are great Smiley Tongue

Finish the thing that I've been writing for a while. I'm not calling it a novel because it's not really a novel (but it kind of is a novel. Clear as mud).

Definitely dog. They're always ridiculously excited about the tiniest little things and are so loyal Smiley Happy

Yep, my feet are always freezing. How do you all sleep bare-footed?! Smiley Tongue

Scorpio, but astrology is pseudoscience so I don't pay attention to it

4. What is your favourite piece of clothing? Why is so good?

Hmm... probably my shorts - I have about a dozen pairs all in different colours haha. They're much more practical than skirts and I get to wear them in my favourite warm weather Smiley Happy

5. What is one goal you have for 2017, any goal at all, doesn't have to be big

To get through my third year of uni

Dog. I can lie on my back all day and someone feeds me. Plus people always feel loved by dogs Smiley Happy

NO. NEVER!! That's so uncomfortable

I am a pisces. The closest it has come is that its a fish, and I like to swim... (Does that count?)

4. What is your favourite piece of clothing? Why is so good?

I have a blue hoody I got in Edinburgh with four little scottish terriers on it. Its so fluffy and cute. Not summer clothing, but excellent nonetheless

Be less stressed and explore the world around me more

Hey @StrangeHermit and welcome to ReachOut! Smiley Happy That hoodie sounds brilliant. Fluffy jumpers are my favourite, I wish they could be summer wear Smiley Tongue

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!