cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Introduce yourself here July 2016!

I'm 16 Smiley Happy That's true @j95

My family waited three hours

honestly it was so ridiculous, i had to wait in the stupid line, got in there and the ballot sheet was bigger the actual booth, Im pretty sure I swore at one point, at least its done now for a little bit longer

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

@FootyFan26 on your 17th birthday they send you a card saying make sure you enrol to vote haha
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

@j95 odd, I don't remember ever getting that. Maybe it's state-related. I could go on for ages on how much I hate politics.
Highlighted

1. What electorate are you in?
Some electorate in Berra hehe
2. What is your favouritest way to pass time?
Listening to music I suppose
3. Whats your most favourite food and what's your absolute least favourite?
Favourite food would have to be waffles. Least favourite would be some form of veggie
4. Where is the furtherest you have travelled from where you live right now. And how long would it take to walk there on google maps?
I travelled to America and Google won't reconising I am god so apparently I can not walk on water.
5. Are you a morning person or a night person?
I am a night person pretending to be a morning person.

To anyone who doesn't care much for our politics ...

I think what you mean by "flawed" @N1ghtW1ng is that the rules are different for the elections at each of the 3 levels of Government. So it is kind of hard to keep up with what you are supposed to do with the ballot paper. Well that and all the scare mongering, biased media and such.

Also the way we vote for senate changed this election, although, if you only put '1' above the line this time, it still counts, but from now on, number 6 boxes above the line or 12 below. I feel your pain with the senate ticket @j95 (nice dp btw)! Not to mention there where more groups than usual on the NSW ticket, so the writing was extra small. Smiley Sad

As for waiting times, can I suggest next time, do a quick search of how many people voted at each booth in your electorate and choose the most convenient one with the least amount of votes. That usually helps. I mean, I only spent 4hrs at the booth. But only 10 mins in the voting line. The rest being one of those annoying people standing out front with htv's.

Here's the questions for this week: .... Don't you mean month, @Ben-RO?

They were very original when it comes to the name of my electorate. Good ole Federation seat of Newcastle.

Binge on Netflix, currently obsessed with 'Scream'. Crochet or come up with new projects. Read.

I don't think I have a favourite food, as such ... just a whole food group. Carbohydrates! But mainly potato. So versatile.

My least favourite is a toss up between eggs and mushrooms. They both set off my gag reflexes. Eek!

4. Where is the furtherest you have travelled from where you live right now. And how long would it take to walk there on google maps?

Because I haven't done much exploring since moving this year, just a mere 60 hrs. But I don't think Google Maps takes into consideration having to climb mountain ranges.

Neither. I'm not even sure I'm a person.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

I see you also understand the amazing potential of the Potato @stonepixie Smiley Tongue

IYH is totally a thing now @Ben-RO!

Kooyong (yay tennis!)

Listening to music, knitting, watching Bob Ross on Netflix (he's so positive and happy! Aww) Smiley Very Happy

Favourite: probably lasagne!

Least favourite: prawns Smiley Indifferent

Hawaii - Google Maps won't let me work out how long it would take but given it's an almost 10 hour flight, it would take AGES to walk (swim) there.

Definitely a morning person!

@j95 the senate ballot paper was huge this year! I was working on the day so I registered for a postal vote, and I could spread it out on my kitchen table and take up heeeaps of room Smiley Very Happy

@stonepixie I'm not a labor voter but I love Penny Wong and that quote of hers.

I voted early at a pre-poll booth so had no queue at all! Having to work on election day has some perks after all Smiley Tongue