cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Introduce yourself here- July 2020

The New York skyline does look incredible @RevzZ!

Check out our community activities calendar here
Highlighted

What's the best holiday you've ever been on?

A few years ago now a mate and I did explored a fair bit of Australia, just camped it, slept in a car, all that.
It was pretty fun. That or NZ, NZ was so cool.

If you could go anywhere in the world and explore, where would it be and why?

Central Australia, I think

Do you love or hate plane flights?

I love flying! Take off and landing are my favourite parts and people who sit next to me always look at me funny when I start laughing.

Are you a heavy or light packer? Is your packing process carefully methodical, chaotic, or somewhere in between?

Chuck it all in a bag, as long as you have some clean underwear in there you can make it work

Which do you look for more in a holiday- relaxation or adventure?

Adventure
Highlighted

Kind of a late response but hi guys! ~

I went to Japan with my university friends and we had so much fun travelling around, eating food, taking photos, and just chilling while we were supposed to be studying for mid-terms hahaha! It was a good break from uni to relax! ~

I'd definitely want to explore the ocean depths and see all the cool and crazy sea creatures that have adapted to life down there! 

I really hate plane flights Smiley Sad( they're usually so uncomfortable and just really long for me. A lot of your time gets wasted too waiting for the plane to fly and land and more because of all the regulations.

Are you a heavy or light packer? Is your packing process carefully methodical, chaotic, or somewhere in between?

I'd definitely say I'm a light packer compared to my friends haha. My process is more methodical I think; I just pack a few clothes and the necessities, and leave a bit of space for potential things I might buy when on holidays.

I'd say a bit of both! I like to spend time going on adventures but also leave some time to just chill and relax! ~

Highlighted

Hi everyone! Lovely to meet you all and very happy to be here! 

Last year I went on a 3 month Europe trip with my partner! It was definitely the trip of a lifetime and so so glad we ended up biting the bullet and going last year rather than saving for 2020! 

I would love to go back to Croatia - I loved walking through the Old Town of Dubrovnik and all of the beautiful beaches. 

I LOVE the process of going to the airport, checking in and knowing you have the whole holiday ahead of you... but I am absolutely terrified of planes! Nothing scarier to me than being in a huge metal bird so high up in the sky!

I start off very methodical and with only the essentials, but somehow my bag always ends up overflowing! 

I think you definitely need a balance of both, but there really is nothing better than lying in the sun, cocktail/mocktail in hand, listening to the sounds of the ocean...

Highlighted

Hi! I’m super late to the party but thought I’d finally stop lurking and introduce myself!

What’s the best holiday you’ve ever been on? 
Probably when I went to New Zealand with the family. We hired a campervan and travelled around for two weeks, it rained like 90% of the time but it was still an amazing experience

If you could go anywhere in the world and explore, where would you go and why?

Oooh so hard to pick one, but I would love to explore Australia more. There’s so much of the country I haven’t seen and I’d love to spend some time just travelling around. 

Domestic flights I don’t mind so much, but I hate long international flights. I can’t sleep sitting up so 20+ hour flights are pretty exhausting!

Are you a heavy or light packer?

I’m generally a pretty light packer. I’m quite methodical, apart from a tendency to wait until the absolute last minute before I start Smiley Very Happy

What do you look for in a holiday - relaxation or adventure?

Probably a mix of both. It kind of depends where I am, if it’s a new place I want to explore or just a weekend at the beach

Highlighted

Hey everyone! I thought I would contribute here so you can learn a little bit more about me Smiley Happy

I went for a holiday to my family's home country. I got to see the house that my grandma lived in before moving to Australia. I also got to meet a lot of my extended family! Their way of life is so different so it gave me a lot of appreciation for how hard working my family is. Strangely, I felt really at 'home' even though it was the first time I went there.

I really want to go to Machu Picchu for the challenge and history. I think it would be so amazing to see. There are lots of places I want to go if I am honest.

I don't mind flying at all - for some reason I fall asleep during take off Cat Tongue The only thing I don't like is when my ears hurt from the altitude.

Heavy! I am very methodical and have a list of everything I need. I would buy items I need ahead of time (e.g locks, travel size items) but I could pack a day or two before. I guess there are last minute items that you can only really pack on the day of travel! I don't find myself really stressed about it, I am quite chill in that regard!

I haven't really been on many holidays but I seem to be attracted to a lot of adventure based activities. That being said, I think I need a period of rest or chill activities too. I had a lot of adventure in parts of my last holiday and it made me too exhausted to do much at the next destination.