cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduce yourself here- MARCH 2021

Hey everyone! How are you all going? Smiley Very Happy

It's March, which is not only a new month, but the start of Autumn! Smiley Tongue

Snoopy Helps Raking Leaves GIF - RakingLeaves Raking Snoopy - Discover &  Share GIFs

March is also Women's History Month so we've thrown in some questions about this too! 

Speak Up Malala Yousafzai GIF by Women's History Month - Find & Share on  GIPHY

Feel free to introduce yourself here by answering these questions, or even if you're not new we'd love to hear your answers too!

Here we gooo

1. What's your favourite thing about autumn?

Ode to Autumn” | KABOOMER: Movement as Good Medicine!

2. Challenge: Make an acronym or acrostic poem with the word AUTUMN AND/OR post a picture of a cool leaf!

1NpjsX.gif (400×225) | Fall leaves background, Autumn leaves, Leaf  background

3. Who's your favourite female historical figure and why?

Womens History Isnt AMonth Its ALifetime Womens History Month GIF -  WomensHistoryIsntAMonthItsALifetime Lifetime WomensHistoryMonth - Discover  & Share GIFs

4. Do you have an important female role model in your life? Who is it and why do you look up to them?

Pusheen Super Hero GIF - Pusheen SuperHero - Discover & Share GIFs

5. What's something you'd like to learn more about this month?

learning-gif-5 | Kodable Blog

Re: Introduce yourself here- MARCH 2021

I'm not new but I really love the sense of community these threads create Smiley Happy

I love Autumn, it's my favourite season. I really enjoy the fashion of autumn. I feel so much more comfortable wearing long pants, jackets and boots and Autumn is perfect for it; its a cool season but its not too cold to require you to layer up to keep warm. 

2. Challenge: Make an acronym or acrostic poem with the word AUTUMN AND/OR post a picture of a cool leaf!

I really tried to make an acrostic poem but the letters don't fit with how I would describe autumn. It does remind me of one of my favourite poems called 'To Autumn' so here are some leaves that I feel encapsulate that.

Screen Shot 2021-03-08 at 11.20.47 pm.png

Joan of Arc because she never backed down and symbolises liberation.

Joan of Arc - Death, Facts & Accomplishments - Biography

4. Do you have an important female role model in your life? Who is it and why do you look up to them?

I look up to many female role models, be that from social media or my friends. In particular, one of my friends is fearless when it comes to being who they are, no matter who is watching.

I would like to learn more about myself, I would also like to learn more about what makes good film and photography and how to properly operate a camera.

What a lovely Autumnal/Feminist theme for the month! <3 <3 <3 

1. What's your favourite thing about Autumn?

I have to agree with you @Rattata it's the fashion! Coats and Boots and Stockings are LIFE but I hate being cold, so autumn is the bomb cause you can wear these fun things before it gets tooooooo chilly to ever be outdoors.

2. Challenge: Make an acronym or acrostic poem with the word AUTUMN AND/OR post a picture of a cool leaf!

This made me realise it has been TOO long since I did an acrostic poem!

A - Always

U - Use

T - The

U - Umbrella,

M - Moist

N - Never

It was too hard to pick an absolute fav, but Anne Lister is a BOSS who was a businesswoman in England in the 1800s. She also loved science, travel, reading, AND wearing "mens clothes." Anne ALSO married Ann Walker in what is commonly known as the first ever lesbian wedding in 1834. 

Yes! I really look up to my Aunts. They are badass, caring, intelligent women who have always looked out for me and my brother. I also have some pretty incredible friends in my life who are single mums, and I am constantly amazed by everything they do and all the wonderful things they have achieved. 

Great question! I am going to try and listen to more podcasts this month to learn all sorts of new things!

@Hannah-RO 
Clearly I need to change my answer to the last question, I must do some reading on Anne Lister!
Highkey disappointed school doesn't teach us about more historical women, particularly queer women.
Thank you for enlightening me. Smiley Very Happy

OH my goshhh could not agree more about the highkey disappointment!!! Its ridiculous. There was a show called Gentleman Jack that came out about Anne Lister a couple of years ago that I would recommend for a fun way of learning more about her Smiley Very Happy

(Julie D'Aubigny is another amazing historical queer woman worth checkin out! She loved singing and dueling and generally being an absolute boss)

My favourite thing about autumn is the fact that It’s not incredibly hot anymore. My favourite season in winter so I’m happy that it’s getting colder.

2. Challenge: Make an acronym or acrostic poem with the word AUTUMN AND/OR post a picture of a cool leaf!

Acknowledging 

Unicorns

Team

Up

Monday

Nights 

Rosalind Franklin, because of her work that helped us discover molecular structures of DNA. I think that’s awesome.

My mother, of course. She’s helped me in so many ways that I cannot articulate why and how much I look up to her.

I’d like to understand how the woman’s movement came to be and what I can do, as a woman myself, to support others who need it.

Hello,

I am Lolo. I am from Africa and I migrated to Australia some years ago. I have been working with families and children  for a very long, as a paediatrics physio and as a youth leader. I married with 2 lovely kids. I discovered that human problems are basically the same everywhere, slight difference maybe due to cultural issues.

Advancement  in technology and civilization  have brought  challenges upon our world. What were once vices are now norms. So what can we do?  Solve the problems. I guess this is one the task of Reachout.com. The holy writ says we should be our brothers keeper and that is why I am here contributing my own little quota.

Back to the questions

Number 1.   Changing of  leaves colours. 

2. Cool leaves

Cool leavesCool leaves

3.   Rosa Parks , 1913-2005 . “I would like to be remembered as a person who wanted to be free... so other people would be also free.” She fought against segregation in America.

4. Nature 

Welcome! Love the Rosa Parks quote Smiley Very Happy

1. What's your favourite thing about Autumn?

It's sweater weather Heart

2. imgp7781.jpg

3. Mae C. Jeminson! First African-American female astronaut

4. My chem teacher because she has made me super interested in chem and is in general just a really good teacher Smiley Happy

5. I want to learn more about myself

@Hannah-RO 
Guess what! I was watching mastermind today and someone's expert topic was Anne Lister and I was the only one in my family to know who they were talking about! Which is actually pretty sad because it shows how little attention female historical figures get but it was nice to see someone bring some light on her.