cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduce yourself here! October 2015

New month means new introduce yourself here!!!

This is a place to say hello and tell us a bit about yourself. 

We have this tradition where we ask you 5 questions every month.

Pretty much everyone jumps in and answers the questions for themselves, not just our new peeps, which is pretty awesome i reckon. 

Questions for this month are:

1) Do you have a hobby? What is it? Tell us about a thing you made or did recently? Smiley Happy 

2) Have you ever chucked a sicky from work?  What kind of sickness did you say you had? Smiley Tongue

3) If you had a TARDIS or a way to go anywhere in time or space. What event or thing would you want to witness or be a part of?

4) What is the closest thing to you that's coloured purple? 

5)What's one thing you would like to get out of our little online community this month? What's one thing you would like to give back to the other people here? 

Re: Introduce yourself here! October 2015

1) Do you have a hobby? What is it? Tell us about a thing you made or did recently? 
My hobbies include painting and photography. And magic the gathering.

2) Have you ever chucked a sicky from work? What kind of sickness did you say you had? 
When I was at school I skipped a lot of class due to my mental illness. I was open about it. I told my teachers before I told my parents.

3) If you had a TARDIS or a way to go anywhere in time or space. What event or thing would you want to witness or be a part of?
I would probably go to Victorian England and get to wear cool corsets and outfits. (those who don't know I'm into steam punk so it would be cool to go to the era) I would like to see the the rise of the industrial era

My shoes. I have these really cool purple work boots.

5)What's one thing you would like to get out of our little online community this month? What's one thing you would like to give back to the other people here?
I would like to expand on my hearing voices tips thread. I'm determined to find more strategies to deal with voices and pass those tips onto other people.
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

1) Do you have a hobby? What is it? Tell us about a thing you made or did recently? Smiley Happy 

I am a photographer, i photographed this Tiger recently. It was right before her feeding time so I'm pretty sure she was working out how fast i could run :s

11914942_10153497052075552_682874539951595828_n (1).jpg

2) Have you ever chucked a sicky from work?  What kind of sickness did you say you had? Smiley Tongue

Yep! Said i had gastro Smiley Tongue 

1000 years in the future and right where i am now. 

This Toaster. 

20151001_133538.jpg

I think it's awesome when i see people come on here with a problem and walk away with a solution. I get a lot out of that. 

This month I will start working on giving back by finding more ways to give recognition to our regular forum users who do that, because it's awesome. 

@redhead

Love magic the gathering! Haven't played in a few years though Smiley Sad 

My favourite deck is a Tribal Squirrel Legacy deck that i built a few years ago. There's nothing like destroying your enemy with an endless torrent of squirrels. 

@Ben-RO my favourite deck is my green white centor token deck.
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

1) Do you have a hobby? What is it? Tell us about a thing you made or did recently?

Footy, my team recently won our grand final and I kicked three goals during that game. I also got in the top 10 for our club best & fairest vote count. 

Its my job, but I'm passionate about it and I consider it a hobby - landscaping & construction. I love working outdoors, making everything look great and learning about different plants etc. We recently finished a huge job which included a set of 4 display homes, it was hard work but everytime I drive past it I smile because I know that I helped create it. 

2) Have you ever chucked a sicky from work? What kind of sickness did you say you had?

Yeah a couple of times and I've usually spent the day at the beach! Last time I said I had the flu, I didn't.

The first step on the moon, just such a huge event and I think being able to see it live on TV would just be outstanding!

An eggplant in my fridge.

I have been given so much support for all sorts of things on here in the past year and a half and I just want to be able to do the same for others, because I know how helpful it is.

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

My hobbies include reading and hiking. I've just finished reading The Secret River by Kate Grenville, and I have also just come back from an overnight hike along the coast with my family. 

Not from work, but from school, I try! I say that I have a headache or sore stomach but somehow my mum always sees through it so I have to go anyway. 

I would want to be on the First Fleet coming into Australia. It's such a pivotal point in our histoy which I would like to have been a part of.

My business studies textbook. 

I'm pretty new to ReachOut, so I'd like to explore a bit and get involved in the forums. I guess I could give back by joining in on the discussions and being here to support people!  

Writing. Drawing. Reading. I recently wrote my Ace Coming Out story, or a version of it suitable for writing since it was over text Smiley Tongue I recently drew a snake-witch. The other day I attempted to draw Hagrid. And I'm almost finished the third book of Percy Jackson in German. Oh and playing piano, which I have recently begun to learn Arrival to Earth from transformers. It's not too bad either.
And I think that's all.
Actually I forgot photography, that is another one of my hobbies.

@Ben-RO that photo of the tiger is beautiful! I read it as 'photographised' instead of photographed and was so confused as to why you'd said that Smiley Very Happy

@pippy123 hello and welcome to RO!!! Ah, hiking is also a great thing! I've done it quite often in Europe because the scenery is just so beautiful and the places to go hiking are beautiful too. In Australia I don't find nice places since I live in the suburbs surrounding by other suburbs but I still enjoy hiking. On the coast sounds beautiful!
Mums seem to always know when we're lying!

See you around the forums!

A few times. The first time was when I was with friends and we were playing music and stuff like that so I said I had food poisoning from Sizzlers Smiley Very Happy

The death of the dinosaurs.

I cannot see a single thing in the kitchen that's purple. I'm not kidding. Is there nothing purple??? I'm going to go with a painting, because I think it's purple Smiley Tongue

There's nothing I wouldn't already get out of it to get out of it Smiley Tongue And I would like to give back... whatever people would like. It doesn't fuss me Smiley Tongue

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

Welcome @pippy123 thanks for saying hi!  See you around the forums! Smiley Happy I love a good hike too! Expecially if i end up at a nice beach at the end of it Smiley Very Happy Are there any particular trails that are your favourites? 

@N1ghtW1ng i understand your confusion, i certainly have the capacity to write something like that too Man Very Happy
I think we should make a show off your snaps thread i am meant to be posting in the photo a day thread@j95 is an awesome shooter too. Also regarding question 5 i think you have already given quite a bit back by resurrecting like 2x10^8 threads last night Smiley Happy I tried to respond to them all but i couldn't keep up! 

@redhead

These are my two favourite MTG cards Smiley Tongue 

download (6).jpgdownload (5).jpg

Highlighted

Welcome @pippy123 !!! Awesome first post, can't wait to see you around!

1) Do you have a hobby? What is it? Tell us about a thing you made or did recently? 

I like to make up stories and characters and stuff! One day I hope to actually finish a novel, but for the moment it's just a hobby! Most recently I had a night shift so I just kept myself awake by dot-pointing a few scenes.

2) Have you ever chucked a sicky from work?  What kind of sickness did you say you had? 

I'm super boring and have only ever had a sick-day off because I've been sick, haha. I have gotten out of staying back at work though by saying I have to pick up my sister and take her to work and stuff though, haha.

Being a huge Doctor Who fan you would think that I would have thought about this long and hard, but I really haven't, aha. I'd proabbly be more interested visiting alien planets and all that cool stuff! If it had to be related to hummanity, I'd travel forward in time to see all the cool inventions that have come about!

One of my Game of Throne books has a purple cover (:

I want to learn a new fact or something this month! I love that I always learn interesting things here whether it's from fact sheets or something that another member has mentioned! In return, I would like to make someone smile at their computer screen this month. (: (: