cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Introduce yrself here August 2013!

Well I'm certainly not new, but I'm gonna hang out with all of you awesome newbies anyway Smiley Very Happy

1. What are you grateful for?

I'm grateful for many things, big and small - the opportunities I have, the people I have around me, that I've been born into a country that has so many things others take for granted.

2. How'd you find us?

A few years ago when I was searching for stuff on anxiety/depression

3. What's the last thing you did really well?

Motivate myself to go to school this morning Smiley Happy

4. Indoors or outdoors?

Definitely outdoors. I really dislike winter and therefore being stuck inside.

5. Number one tip for feeling good?

Surround yourself with supportive and uplifting people Smiley Happy

hi I have just found this place I lost my husband 16 days ago I am feeling sad lost and alone :-(

Hi everyone!

Over the last few days I have been struggling emotionally mainly due to hormones however I do have PTSD

1. Living in Australia Smiley Happy
2. My English teacher told me about this site
3. I got A+'s for a science exam...
4. Outdoors!!
5. Every morning, look at yourself in a mirror and repeat everything you like about yourself and slowly grow your beautiful smile!

Nice to learn a bit about you all.

I'm grateful for a lot of things: being born in this country, having all these opportunities, not having to worry about money as much as some people, having a fantastic brother, being at university and having an amazing best friend. 

2. How'd you find us?

Much like others - searching Google on the internet. Smiley Tongue 

I've been able to take my mind of the stresses of this week really well. I've gotten better at handling pressures from things that happen unexpectedly.

4. Indoors or outdoors?

Outdoors on a warm day; indoors on a cold day.

Find the funny / amusing side of a difficult situation and then laugh at it. Smiley Wink

@Bay82VU - Welcome back to RO! 

@lokifish  - How long have you been on the forums? It is nice to see returning users!

@Banjo  - Sorry about your loss. Have you tried speak about a professional (e.g. GP, psychologist etc) about this feeling? Or you could try calling Lifeline (13 11 14) for some advice? We are here for you. 

@Butterfly37 - Welcome to RO. Hope things are ok with you. Have a read of this factsheet on trauma http://au.reachout.com/Going-through-trauma If you need some extra support, hop over to the "Tough Times" thread and share your story?

@MAJORminor - I like your #5. I struggle to look in the mirror sometimes because I don't like what I see. Though your tip is a good one. I should try it out! 

@Hopeful - welcome to RO. Good work on your #3. Mind sharing some of strategies with us in managing stress?

Nice meeting you all!

Doris 

I found this tip helpful, it made me feel like I'm not worthless and I am actually kinda cool!

My oldest brother taught me this tip on a trip to the movies, ironically we were watching Doctor Who at the movies (So awesome!!).

He said to me, "How can you accept that the world is a good place, when you can't accept that you're a good person?".

Ever since that day, I've been much more positive about myself and the world around me!!

Feel free to use this every day, it does help!!

Nice one MAJORminor! Really cool that thinking about the world and yourself in that way has helped you with your awesome posi attitude! Love to have that kind of vibe around here!

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Hey,, hi,,

I'd joined recently !!

My family, my friends, my life, my ability to overcome most things and still come out swinging!
2. How'd you find us?

Well, I found you guys ages ago, I'm a YA and I used to be active on the previous forums a fair bit.. I have just been to lazy to create an account on this one Smiley Tongue Sorry guys haha But I believe I found out about you guys while I was having a bit of a tough time, I was doing an assignment for school and I found the website. Thought maybe it would help me out with my own troubles (and not just doing well on an assignment Smiley Tongue)

3 weeks ago I got the joys of relearning how to walk after an accident. Woo Smiley Very Happy

4. Indoors or outdoors?

OUTDOORS! Indoors is driving me crazy a t the moment!

The only person you truely have to live with for the rest of your life is YOU, most people will come in and out of your life which is normal- so don't allow those people to change who you are to suit them.  Also, you can never smile/laugh enough watch more comedys!