cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Learning a Language

@annabethxchase nah dont worry, you're not dumb <3 

yeah gymnastics is fun Smiley Wink my teacher her goal is to learn 6 languages before she dies and she is currently fluent in 5 languages - portuguese, spanish, french, swedish, english(english is not her 1st language) have you though of any languages so far ?

i reckon spanish is the easiest and it is also the most spoken language in the world.

I felt Spanish was easy for me because it was related to Tagalog @annabethxchase. But I reckon that the more interested you are in learning the language, the easier it'll be to learn.

However, if you do end up wanting to learn Spanish, I'd also recommend you check out SpanishDict if you want an English-Spanish dictionary/translator (it's way more accurate than Google Translate. But then again, Google Translate is inaccurate for most languages haha).

Yeah @Esperanza67, I think the language I'm most interested in learning is French or Italian but I would like to learn a few (Much much later) SpanishDict is no saved in my bookmarks bar! Oh yes, I learnt about google translates inaccuracy the hard way, I submitted my Japanese assignment and well, you could probably guess my markSmiley LOL Thanksss

Have you seen my report ahahaSmiley LOL @litgym?Wow! your teacher is well on the way of succeeding! (Unless they're like, 100)! I think I might do Spanish because by the looks of it it isn't the hard to grasp.  

@annabethxchase if you're trying your best then that is your best <3 

my teacher is 34 i think and yes usually pick up spanish very quickly but it also depends if that is the language you want to learn. italian and spanish are very similar so once you learn one of them then the other is easy ! french also helps with spanish because some words are similar.

Thanks soo much @litgym!<333

In terms of language difficulty, there's an awesome infographic for that @annabethxchase! Smiley Very Happy Although I 100% agree that the easiest language to learn is going to be the one that you enjoy. Languages are HARD (it's amazing that we learn them as babies! Smiley Surprised) so I think we need the passion in order to stick with it Heart

Thanks so much @lokifish! Probably shouldn't have dove straight into KoreanSmiley LOL

@annabethxchase I got super into learning new languages a while back and I found watching the best rated tv shows/dramas in that language actually motivated me so much more! Also listening to that culture's music! You could try Korean dramas if you wanted to keep persisting with Korean??

You learn so much more quickly and things you wouldn't learn in school and get a grasp of how conversations should sound like/be worded. And then you wanna learn more so you can watch more! Smiley Tongue