cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Learning a Language

@annabethxchase how is learning spanish ? 

ill tell you a funny story - well at least funny to me haha 

basically in french one day i asked my teacher “are we besties ?” she says “what are ‘besties?” and i said “best friends”. she straight up said no to me BAAHAHAH she didn’t even understand it was a joke but that’s alright she loves me (maybe not im a bit annoying 😬)

Highlighted

Ah! I love learning languages. I speak Hungarian at home (the 4th hardest language in the world!) and obviously English lol. I learn Indonesian at school and will be learning Japanese next year which I'm really excited for! I also know a little bit of Italian! I tried teaching myself Korean for like point 2 seconds until I gave up so that it won't mush with Japanese in my brain.
I'm planning to try and continue learning Indonesian in my spare time once I switch schools. It seems like a shame to have the basics then waste it
Highlighted

So many languages @seafaringstar! Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy It's awesome that you're trying to continue learning Indonesian, I hope it goes well Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Ahh that is awesome @seafaringstar! I did that with korean as well but I couldn't pronounce anything to save my life hehe Smiley Tongue WOW thats so cool that you can speak such a difficult language! 

Highlighted

@seafaringstar selamat siang! Apa kabar? Smiley Very Happy

@lokifish Baik baik saja, dan anda? (I’m not sure when exactly its appropiate to use which pronoun, kamu or anda?)
Highlighted

Highlighted

Oh boy, I learnt Indonesian at school, and have since forgotten a lot of it! Smiley Tongue @seafaringstar @lokifish

Highlighted

@seafaringstar we're all friends here - kamu it is Smiley Very Happy

@mrmusic mine is reeeeally rusty too. I have an Indonesian uncle so there's not even an excuse for it haha

Maybe we should start threads where we're only allowed to converse in the specific language (so we can practice)? That could get interesting... Smiley Tongue