cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Masterlist of Boredom Breakers

We have a fantastic thread building 1000001 coping strategies but sometimes what you need is a good old fashioned boredom breakers Smiley Tongue

I thought we could have this thread to post some of our favourite things to do when bored. Smiley Happy

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

Re: Masterlist of Boredom Breakers

good idea! @N1ghtW1ng

i find watching comedies to be a great boredom buster! anything by michael mcintyre is hilarious esp the ones with the dentist!

watching things like mrs browns boys or big bang theory too!

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

doing a card game- a physical one not electronic such as memory, or solitaire if by yourself or other things like snap, go fish with others. 

boardgames are also good like monolpoly if with others

baking! anything you like but baking!

Comdey's are pretty fun @scared01 Smiley Very Happy What are some of your faves?

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

ilove mrs browns boys, 2 broke girls, the big bang theory, and michael mcintyre- hes awesome hilarious @N1ghtW1ng type in on you tube michael mcintyre- dentist its funny as 

Muduc

The games on RO

Walking

Reading

Texting/whatever a friend
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

With the holidays on, I need some ideas. I'm also going to include a few of my own!

Binge a new tv series! (LEGO Ninjago if you haven't already Smiley Wink) also The Hollow is pretty good (also animated) but there's also Brooklyn Nine Nine for comedies and it's not animated either, plus the show Community... I should stop now Smiley Tongue

Draw

Hi @N1ghtW1ng

I love this thread, so important now with the school and uni holidays happening!

ReachOut has a chill style quiz and some fact sheets with suggestions of ideas too here (not sure if you have seen these but there's some great ideas!).

I always like doing puzzles, playing video games, sitting in the sun with a coffee and walking around IKEA 

Check out our community activities calendar for July 2019 here

Hugging a cat.

Getting lost on YouTube.

Reading a book.

Sitting out in the sun day dreaming.

Texting/messaging people I haven't spoken to in ages.

Eating chocolate.

Crafting.

Watching a funny movie.

Gardening. 

Vacuuming the house - there is something satisfying about vacuuming the house as it makes the place look cleaner.

Sorting out the junk areas of your room/house. 

Finding a new café - I google cafés in *my area or area close to me* and pick one that looks interesting. I have also done the same with giftshops and book stores. 

Getting lost on RO (there is so much stuff to discover on RO!).

Reading blogs.

Playing around with makeup/pampering myself.

Reading Reddit.

Rediscovering Neopets. 

Doing random job searches and trying to find the strangest possible jobs or highest earning shops or most isolated jobs. 

Looking at real estate online and in random places - so apparently you can buy a castle for the same price as a house in Sydney?! I also do the same with Airbnb listings and plan out a holiday for a random place.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whatever it takes I know I can make it through!