cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Merry Christmas

oh lol, i know right! i havent ever made one. im going to have to do that even though im dont eat gingerbread. maybe next christmas ill do that @litgym
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Thanks for that, but I don’t want to come on here anymore, so not to hurt anyone’s feelings or anything, but I’d really appreciate it if I could stop receiving offers and messages from people, even if it is Christmas.

Damn it, I posted twice again. And don’t tell me “it’s OK ‘cos it happens”, because it might be to everyone else on here, but I will not stand by and keep letting this happen again and again.

I'm sorry that you were notified about it @Matty D hopefully you aren't notified again. I've posted twice before and I was anxious about it so Im sorry you're feeling the same way. I'm sad you won't be on here anymore but if that's what's best for you, than do it Smiley Happy

You bet it is, ‘cos I’m not taking any risks to come on here and post anymore, no matter how calm and level-headed I am, because if there’s one thing I don’t like doing, it’s breaking a guideline or 2, even if it is by accident. And about the notifications, I don’t know if you’re able to do this, but are you very kindly able to tell everyone else on here not to send me any more of those, because it’s getting kind of annoying? I’m not angry or anything, it’s just that I don’t like receiving notification after notification, even if it is Christmas time. I sure hope no-one on here thinks I’m coming off as rude, because I would really, really, really hate to be that guy.

Hmm, yeah I get that. Sometimes we don't mean it, but it just happens and then we beat ourselves up over it. Totally, are you Ok if I tag some of the mod squad and they can pass it on? If it keeps happening I think there might be a button that can turn off notifications but I'm not sure. I think you've handled this situation well and I'm sure no one reckons you are being rude. Being flogged with notifications must be tiring..

Yes please, because I really don’t want this to keep happening. I’m busy with my life now, and I’d really rather not be tagged anymore. And I know we beat ourselves up over rudeness, but if I’m just asking someone if I’m being that way or not, that’s not beating myself up over it, but instead being mindful and curious about the way I talk to others. And honestly, I’m trying really bloody hard not to be harsh or anything towards others, because if I want to be treated well, it’s only fair that we all do the same for everyone else too, it’s known to be the “Golden Rule”.

Hi @Matty D, I have to let you know that you are more than welcome here at ReachOut. We do love having you around and your contribution to our forums is very valuable and appreciated. We do acknowledge how you feel and we know you never mean to break our guidelines which is really important. If you still wish to not receive tag notifications, I can email you some instructions on how to turn off your notifications for tags. This way, you won't have to rely on people knowing not to tag you and you can turn the notifications back on when you might feel like it. Let me know Smiley Happy

Sure! Hey @gina-RO @Taylor-RO @Jess1-RO @Erin-RO can you do anything about this?
Yes, I can see that you are trying to be really careful to acknowledge others feelings - that's a fantastic quality.

Well, (a) I would kindly like some info on how to switch notifications off, (b), I really don’t care if I am welcome on here, I’d much rather seek support and help elsewhere instead of ever coming on here again and risk breaking another guideline or 2, and I mean ever, and (c), I actually don’t want to switch the notifications back on ever again.