cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Movies that had an impact on you

Thanks @missep for the inspiration

So all you have to with this thread is describe movies that had an impact on you...can be both positive and negative examples....something about it that sticks with you, something you felt.

For me:

Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)- The start of 2014 was a kick in the gut for me, I'd been applying to be a firefighter in the Defense Force but I was declined due being diabetic....whilst talking about what to do next My Mum strongly suggested I chase up my video production stuff again. I saw this movie on my 17th birthday and it was the inspiration I needed

Fantastic Four (2015)- Critics tend to really crap on this movie but I saw it at the perfect moment...I graduated school the day I saw it...so sitting in that theatre I felt awesome...it was over..no more of that. That feeling is why I cheered when the Thing gives his catchphrase "IT'S CLOBBERING TIME"

Rogue One- A Star Wars Story (2016)- My first try at UNI ended badly and again I was in a poor mood, but I got my job and this movie was the first movie ticket I ever purchased with my own money...watching it and Felicity Jones' performance gave me the courage to try UNI again

Chalet Girl (2011)- Ditto what I said about Rogue One

How about everyone else?

Re: Movies that had an impact on you

Awesome thread idea @MemphisBelle Smiley Happy! I've watched a number of movies so I can list a few. I'll chuck up one now and more whenever I think of them (and watch them Smiley Tongue)

Inception - The idea of a layer of dreams is one of the most fascinating concepts I've run into for a while. Especially since I love the idea of lucid dreaming and being able to control yourself in a world you can choose to create. Music was spot on and it really helped me with a boost in creativity when I'm writing. Always reminds me to think far outside the box.

Highlighted

Yay! I'm so glad you made this post @MemphisBelleSmiley Happy 

It sounds like movies hold a really special place in your heart, it's really awesome to see how passionate you are about them! The thing I love about watching movies/going to the movies is that you feel as though you are transported to another world. A world of such imagination and thrills. I love escaping to that world Smiley Happy 

So hard for me to pick my movies! I think I'll post here periodically as I remember haha. 

Wolf Children- It's an anime movie that really touched my heart. It's all about family and the sacrifices the mum makes to make sure she can give her children the best life they can have, I found that really beautiful. 

The Ramen Girl- A movie about starting from 0 and building yourself up. The main character loses everything and starts over learning from a Ramen Master on how to make ramen (which is a process in itself!). She learns to appreciate the simple things and recognises that she can grow and become the person she wants to be. 

I'll keep thinking of this question @MemphisBelle! Can't think of any others right now ahhh

Highlighted

Great question @MemphisBelle! Here are the movies that have made a significant impact on me:

Star Wars: Return of the Jedi - it's hard for me to explain why I chose this movie without giving away any spoilers, but I liked how it showed that flawed characters can still redeem themselves.

La La Land - the fact you can still be able to achieve your dreams and goals despite experiencing failures along the way.

I looooove La La Land @Esperanza67!
Highlighted

I love watching impacting movies, both positive and negative!

The latest movies that I have impacted my life positively would be...

October sky - Homer Hickam, a coal miner's son, gets inspired to build rockets when he hears about the first artificial satellite Sputnik being launched into space, even though he faces resistance from his father. This movie impacted me because it has shown me that I can be anything I want to be, if I put my mind to it and keep going. It's a really impressive movie, based on a true story. I just want to meet Homer myself! Smiley LOL

Lion - Lion is about a young boy named Saroo who was raised in India by his mother and older brother. Saroo gets separated from his family at the age of five and ends up being adopted by an Australian couple. However, he returns to India 25 years later to search for his birth parents. This movie is also based on a true story. This movie impacted me because it's shown me that I should never give up on finding something that I want, no matter who or what obsticles stand in my way.

I absolutely LOVED these movies, and I reccommend them to each and everyone of you! <3